Deadliest Warrior

Spike TV (ended 2011)

Deadliest Warrior Fan Reviews (14)

• im new

How the hell do you watch tv shows on this?!
  • Was worth watching. . .

Till it got canceled that is! Apparently there were concerns about budget constraints that were funded for the show. Would've also been nice if Robert Daly didn't turn out to be a phony too. A real shame too since it was one of the few shows worth watching on Spike that wasn't a reality show.
  • Jedi vs Predator

I would like very much to see Deadliest Warrior tackle this one. Jedi or Predator, who is deadliest?
  • Pub Discussion

This show is pure and simple entertainment. Anyone with the smallest amount of actual knowledge can pick many of the battles to pieces my speciality being the ancient weapons. Having criticised the show i'm an addict if nothing else than for the pub arguments it starts. The first episode and yes here comes a massive spoiler has Ninja vs Spartan and the Spartan takes him. Well I have to agree with them in a stand up toe to toe fight they got it right, but hey ninjas aren't known for fighting toe to toe so that nagated even the first show.

To sumurise watch this the same way you watch WWE it's not real or believable but dang entertaining.
  • Testing guns

This is one of the best TV shows, but have few weeknesses.

1. when testing same types of weapon, for example assault riffles need to give the same type of targets and tasks to both the teams.

2. Accuracy, reliability and Armorpiercing capability should be tested with assault riffles and hand guns. Specially when using two standard armies, for example Spetnuz vs Green barret, IRA vs Al-Quaida

3.Should Give more value to martial arts
  • HORRIBLE

they dont even put in tactics because the special forces would kick the spetnezes ass because my dad is sf and says aks are trash and that they barley were berets as well as the fights with a sword and sheild vs just a slashing weapon against someone who is wearing armor and the navy seals are in the navy which they are alright but know where near sf dudes who are better than navy seals could dream of this show is as gay as a sausage party at k-mart.
  • I've tired of this show...

I had my qualms about the show in season 1, but found it entertaining so I tuned in for season 2, but I've been nothing but disappointed with season 2.

If you are just enjoying the show from a entertainment standpoint, I think that's fine, but if you are somehow deceiving yourself into thinking this is somehow an "accurate" show and the one that they pronounce "the winner" is really the winner, well then you probably will disagree with my review anyway, right?!

I've boycotted the show, and hope it doesn't return for season 3. Is SPIKE TV ever going to air something that isn't staged?
  • This series is poorly done and gets worse with every episode. It's a show for armchair warriors who know nothing about history or weaponry.

Several problems with this series, not least of which complete disassociation about environment, health, and other factors. "Experts" misidentify weapons as in the Yakuza vs Mafia episode. The "expert" calls the Yakuza pistol a Walthar P08 when it is clearly a Luger P8. In addition, the Sten Gun Mk III is cited as a 9mm weapon(it was a 7.62 mm). What's really counter to the show's results is that each weapon's rating is based on 1. a clean hit (not deflected, dodged, etc.) 2. a stationary target 3. wielded by "an expertly trained user" in perfect health .
  • The mightiest warriors in history face off to determine who is the deadliest. Fights that would have never happened in history, sciene and experts determine the winner.

The show has a good premise, take warriors who would have never met in a fight and used sciene to determine the winner. For the most part the show seems to be very acurate,, but there are some instances where the results could be debated. But on the whole this show is very entertaining and should be watched by any one who is interested in acient warfare, or anyone who wants to see a good fight with little gore. In the end this show delivers entertainment, which is the goal of any program on teleivision. This show despite some of the debateable matter is worth watching.
  • this is one of the best tv shows i have ever seen, very entertaining, has me jumping up and down cheering when the guy im rooting for wins, and even when my guy dosent win it is still great to watch, always on the edge of my seat, always interesting

this is one of the best tv shows i have ever seen, very entertaining, has me jumping up and down cheering when the guy im rooting for wins, and even when my guy dosent win it is still great to watch, always on the edge of my seat, the testing of weapons is very well done with balistic gel torsos and other such stuff, and i like how they mix it up with ancient warriors and also modern warriors, i am about to watch the season finale between talaban and IRA and i am really looking foward to season two.
  • Fun to watch.

This show makes me want to fight. Maybe not literally, but it is very entertaining and fun to watch. The fun parts are seeing the weapons and also the way the warriors fought in their native battles. I think that it is also very informative and interesting to see. My favorite fight had to be the Maori warrior against the Shaolin monk. That fight was entertaining. The one part I don't like is the fake tension between the two sides and also the fact that some of the projections seem a bit untrusting at times. Overall, it's a fun show. Thank you.
  • Experts, historians and physicians compare style, weapons and fighting to square off histories champions against each other.

Sometime back, Animal Planet had a series called Animal Face-Off that centered on using steel and machines to determine the fighting skills of animals to see how certain beasts fight and which certain animals would win in a fight using computer graphics without harming the real animals. Deadliest Warrior basically has the same premise, but with human warriors and without the graphics, using actors in carefully staged scenarios to depict possible results. Much like Animal Face-Off, the series is limited in episodes because they're not going to recover the strengths of a pervious fighter to restage them against another opponent. They're just going to run out of scenarios very quickly. Along the way, there's a lot of demonstratins with dead pigs and gel figures, the second of which they must generate in bulk. I can only hope the series is not destroying a lot of vintage antique weapons and armor in the examinations; hopefully they're all reproductions. Bottom line, I love the show from the view of a historian, but from a scientific point of view, I've predicted the results of five out six episodes; Spartan vs Ninja completely surprised me. If anything, I'd like to see more personalized scenarios, like say, Lizzie Borden vs. Jack the Ripper.
  • Show is amazingly fun, it's great too see all the history of some of the cultures and their fighting tactics and weaponry.

Show is amazingly fun, it's great too see all the history of some of the cultures and their fighting tactics and weaponry. First episode I ever saw was the end of the Gladiator and Apache Indian episode in which the Indian won, it got me intrigued and I decided to keep watching, the next episode I saw was the Vikings vs Samurai, that was a great episode so I officially became a fan. And tonight the Yakuza vs Mafia was in my opinion the best episode yet. Show is lots of fun and I can't wait for more, thumbs up...
  • First and foremost, this show makes absolutely no sense. The match ups are moronic, the program is unrealistic, and the parameters of the experiment aren't declared before the testing begins. You, as the viewer, really shouldn't care. The outcome of..

First and foremost, this show makes absolutely no sense. The match ups are moronic, the program is unrealistic, and the parameters of the experiment aren't declared before the testing begins. You, as the viewer, really shouldn't care. The outcome of any fight between two warriors wielding somewhat balanced weaponry will be decided based upon the skill of the warrior (I say somewhat balanced because a gangster with a shotgun would take out a gladiator no with no problem). When it comes down to it, "Deadliest Warrior" is an educational show, and if you are fascinated by the history of weaponry, than the inanity of the testing parameters shouldn't be a deterrent.