Deadwood Forums

HBO (ended 2006)

A little tv movie hope for fans...or false hope

brain05

[1]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 15

Ian McShane talks about the possibliity of actually wrapping up the series. He says there's still hope.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/02/01/deadwood-shocker-star-ian-mcshane-says-never-count-anything-out-for-shows-return/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maineloghauler

[2]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 2

We can only cross our fingers and hope they do . This show was my all time favorite. It was pure genius. Amazing talent. I miss the show and would LOVE to see it return to end out proper like. HBO robbed us, it pissed me off and i still hold a grudge. lol

vitangelo

[3]Nov 5, 2011
    • level: 3

I don't believe it, and now Milch is busy with a new project with HBO, Deadwood was great, I had never loved a series so much, I hate HBO and David Milch for that.

gambs44

[4]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 1

I agree with the sentiments of most of you. It's nearly unfathomable how HBO could let such a highly rated, critically acclaimed show leave off in the middle of it's telling. With some of the garbage HBO subsequently released, (Rome, Flight of the Chondors, and the worst of them all Bored To Death), I also still hold a grudge and get angry each time I think about what the final 2 seasons of Deadwood would have given to its viewers. And as a recent convert to the series, I only began watching the series this past year with the advent of the best feature any tv company has ever given us, HBOGO. Once I started I couldn't stop and have rewatched it from front to back at least 3x now and each time I see something I missed and begin to ruminate over what could have or perhaps still might result from the inclusion of the last 2 seasons. Watching Hearst ride off on his coach with Bullock staring him down is so heartbreaking for us fans not to have a resolution to that I would settle just to read the rough scripts or plotlines the creators had in store for us. Now that The Wire wrapped up over 2 years ago has there been something that captures my attention so deeply anywhere in the media.