Deadwood Forums

HBO (ended 2006)

Dedwood gets 4th season... kinda

coolburnmtw

[21]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 5
    i'm so happy i could spit ;o)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darlo2004

[22]Aug 24, 2006
    When are we going to see the finale?

osa420

[23]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 7
    considering how the season finale was, I sure can't wait for the miniseries. I just hope something doesn't happen and we never get to see it. That would be a horrible way to end a show.

yearlyroamer

[24]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 10
    osa420 wrote:
    considering how the season finale was, I sure can't wait for the miniseries. I just hope something doesn't happen and we never get to see it. That would be a horrible way to end a show.

Agreed. It ended as if it were just another episode in any other season, not even a season finale. *Very* much looking forward to some new information on the 4-hour ending expected, hopefully, in 2007.

satmfs

[25]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    bigger_kel wrote:
    I hope they release air dates for the two 2 hour specials.

What I've read is filming on the 2 hour movies won't start until May, 2007 (normally they would have been filming now) and they won't show until Fall, 2007 or more likely Spring 2008. Either way, it's going to be awhile.

hbotalkcom

[26]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 2
    Hopefully it's worth the wait. I'm betting Rome will be.

ceodewd

[27]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 4
    soggydroors wrote:
    i think this is a bunch of poop. i wanted at least 6 seasons.

if they pull the same poop with rome i'll be mad. very mad.

A little offtopic, but its said that Rome only will live to see season 2 cause of the enormous expenses making it. Sad, but hope they finish good.

dezza2001

[28]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 16
    bigger_kel wrote:
    I don't watch those reality TV shows because I believe that if you watch them then you're saying that your life is not interesting (or should I say not better than those shows) and that you find someone elses life more interesting. Hence why I say away from them. If you're gonna watch TV watch some proper programming like Deadwood, Rome, or even Prison Break....something other than reality TV!!
    I take offense to your comments. I watch Prison Break and Deadwood along with alot of other great shows (like Veronica Mars) but I also enjoy Reality TV. The fact you are willing to offend those who don't share your taste is very disrespectful. I have watched the australian Big Brother and if you stopped watching after season 1 then you missed season 3 and 4 which were by far better than the first two. Try to be open minded to all tv shows and you will find even more great shows.
    Edited on 09/15/2006 1:20pm

nunomfilipe

[29]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 32
    Does anyone know when does 2 movies are going to happen?

dezza2001

[30]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 16
    As has been stated no, no one knows yet until HBO or someone from the Milch camp announces the date. When that happens you can be sure it will be posted here right away.

sassycents

[31]Sep 30, 2006
    Here we go again with HBO. What is their problem in keeping the shows consistent year to year.Since they did not renew at least we will be getting closure. But to wait until 2008 to show, well I will wait for the video. HBO is now cancelled. I am still pissed about Carnival. Why could they not end it with a two hour movie. I did not care for Rome and stop watching. My friend tapes the Wire. And the Soprano's stunk. They are losing me and again I'll just watch from a friends DVD. All in All FX has some great shows with great writing and acting that is now my 1st choice for cable. Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, 30 Days, Shield (going ala Soprano's) and in Jan. 2007 a new Show called Dirt.

quote12

[32]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    For all the good press it receives for a commitment to "quality" programming, HBO's commitments are usually short-term. An elaborate, detailed period production like "Deadwood," with a large ensemble of speaking parts, numerous extras, animal handlers and costumers, eats up revenues that could be lining corporate profits.

Stevio

[33]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 8
    soggydroors wrote:
    i think this is a bunch of poop. i wanted at least 6 seasons.

if they pull the same poop with rome i'll be mad. very mad.

Rome will only have 2 seasons.

bluemoonstuff

[34]Oct 21, 2006
    dezza2001 wrote:
    bigger_kel wrote:
    I don't watch those reality TV shows because I believe that if you watch them then you're saying that your life is not interesting (or should I say not better than those shows) and that you find someone elses life more interesting. Hence why I say away from them. If you're gonna watch TV watch some proper programming like Deadwood, Rome, or even Prison Break....something other than reality TV!!
    I take offense to your comments. I watch Prison Break and Deadwood along with alot of other great shows (like Veronica Mars) but I also enjoy Reality TV. The fact you are willing to offend those who don't share your taste is very disrespectful. I have watched the australian Big Brother and if you stopped watching after season 1 then you missed season 3 and 4 which were by far better than the first two. Try to be open minded to all tv shows and you will find even more great shows.

My TV habits are a bit "eclectic" also. Don't know why I watch some of the ones I do but I enjoy them - it's got nothing to do with how boring my life is or isn't. I turn on the tube to be entertained and if it doesn't entertain me..... off it goes. Lately it's been off a lot!

Drop by and check out the fancy wears at my site to see what I like watching at www.bluemoonstuff.com

BMS
    Edited on 10/21/2006 2:23pm

giantcandy

[35]Dec 11, 2006
    I am half mad and half happy that they get a mini-series like ending for this show becuase next to battlestar galactica it has some of the best writting on tv period. annoyed it's going away but also annoyed they didn't do this mini-series wrap up with carnivale, another awsome HBO show that got cut in it's prime. idiots, love that they are doing it now, but hate that they didn't do it then. AHHHH!

entity0

[36]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 28
    i agree completely

lindD

[37]Jul 25, 2007
    I have never loved a series more....Deadwood was HBO's best, I am so heartbroken it's over..... I guess I will have to be happy I have all the shows and the book. I heard about a 2 hour movie somewhere, do you know when it may come out?

dcolaizzo

[38]Aug 21, 2007
    Has anyone purchased deadwood in a store? Borders?

Stevio

[39]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 8
    FooFighter64 wrote:
    There is no doubt in my mind that this series will go down as a cult classic! I have never seen this much interest in a show. I live in Australia and people here love watching season one! It just kills me to only have 3.2 years of Deadwood as the characters in this series are so complex and compelling. Plus having Deadwood partys with mates and drinking everytime a C@cKSuckers is uttered made it quite fun. There has never been dialog for a series like the dialog for Deadwood! Why do people watch all that reality crap on TV and a brilliant show like Deadwood gets cut short!? Its a real shame. I can never see Ian McShane in any other role!

That's quite the drinking game you must have groaned everytime Wu was onscreen.

magicmo

[40]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 7
    I will definitely have to put in Season One over the holidays and play a fun game with my brothers.