Deadwood

HBO (ended 2006)

Deadwood Fan Reviews (84)

• It was okay.

The first season was great. Well, until they killed Wild Bill. Then it went down hill after that. What made it worse for me, is the actor who played the man that killed him, came back the next season as a new character.

I did not like the second season because it just didn't feel right. Certain hookups that happened should not have, and those that should have, did not. I also have no love for the sheriff's "wife." She plays Skylar on Breaking Bad. This now makes two characters that she plays that I don't like. Maybe it's the actor. But I digress.

I agree that there was too much killing, and that the sheriff didn't really give a damn about law so much as peace.

Also, too much "cock sucker" insults made me think the writers have no "color" in their vocabulary. It hurt my ears hearing it all the time, especially from the drunk Jane character.

I have yet to see season 3. I shudder at the thought of wasting more money on this show, especially knowing it would be its last season.