Dean Martin Celebrity Roast

NBC (ended 1984)

dragon22a

Dean Martin Celebrity Roast Fan Reviews (7)

• wonderful show!

I used to recall watching this amusing show years ago! Dean Martin was such a massive host! I really love his assertiveness no one can beat him and I'm a huge fan since then! That's why I screened every DVD shop online to get a real and good copy of this show! I'm also afraid of being scammed! Thankfully, the copy I got from dvdbooth .com which came in great quality. I can't find any kind of this show during this generation and it was nice to have a copy of it.
  • incredible show!

It's hard not to laugh at the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts because he and his friends always dig fun at each other and only Martin could deliver the hilarious spirit for all of his viewers! I have ordered a DVD copy of this show at http://www.jaxjade.com/Comedy/DEAN_MARTIN_CELEBRITY_ROASTS_DVD_COLLECTION/. Absolutely wonderful set. Great quality and complete episodes! I'm definitely a fan of this show and I do not get exhausted watching this one-of-a-kind-show over and over again.
  • this was a very big classic show that featured one of the bigest stars at the time

the dean martin roast was hilirous i did grow up in that time but i knew what they were talking about when i saw the show in later times. it was hilrous it featured some of the vintage stars of hollwood at the time and most of the most famous stars that would come make jokes on dean martin. it was a great show and it was due to the fact that the dean martin show was having low numbers it was funn and i enjoyed it and that is why i gave the show i what i gave it which was 8
  • This is the beginning...

Dean Martin has started something that has grown to cult status. The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast was a spin off of a segment of the Dean Martin Varity Hour. The Celebrity Roast became so popular that it became a very seprate members only club called the New York Friar's Club. The New York Friar's got together and Roasted friends and famous as an induction to the Friar's Club. Their Motto "We only Roast the Ones We Love" has carried through to today as the Friar's Club still meets annually. From 1998-2002 Comedy Central aired the annual roast, and following that Comedy Central began their own annual series of Roasts, but the true Dean Martin Celebrity Roast continues on in the New York Friar's Club which is un-televised annually.
  • This was the most star-studded show on TV ever!

Big names everywhere you looked, because everyone wanted to be on Dean Martin's Celebrity Roast! I never missed a show! This was a laugh-a-minute, & the commercials were torture, because I couldn't wait to see more of the program! Especially fun was when someone like Frank Gorshin or Rich Little would get up & do an impression of the roastee or one of the other guests! And it was always a stroll down memory lane to see some of the older participants such as George Burns or Milton Berle! Whoever thought of bringing the roasts to TV was a GENIUS!
  • Just get a load of these vintage stars!

6.9
    The Dean Martin Roasts are a perfect opportunity to see some of the biggest classic stars of TV and movies as they move into their senior years--although some more gracefully than others. It's wonderful to see Lucille Ball and her increasingly orange wigs, and Phyillis Diller before her legendary facelifts began. Of course, the best things to see are the gentlemen's hairlines. I never knew some of my favorites were wearing rugs until seeing this show! As for the actual content, it was a refreshing "Inside look" at the stars and their relationships with each other long before the tabloids and reality TV gave us such a sense of entitlement about these things. Sure much of the laughter is canned, and a lot of the jokes have a collective age almost the same as that of all those old stars put together. Still, it's good clean vintage celebrity fluff fun.
  • The father of the current new york friars club specials which appear on Comedy central. this show features classic stars of stage and screen truely being themselves and showing respect for eachother.

7.7
    great show with great stars. the humor is smart and cuts to the core. the only problem with the show is its lack of availability. never shown on tv anymore this show is only available on VHS via mail order. other releases that may also be good for fans of the show is the dean martin variety hour which is also available by Gunthy Renker.