Death Note Forums

Nippon Television Network Corporation (ended 2007)

Possible loophole to escape the Death Note and become immune. My theory.

Do you think if you died + were revived could you be immune to the Death Note?

ShagonsHeart

[1]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I just finished the Death Note Manga and am now watching the anime. But while I was reading and thinking about the rules I think I might have found a loophole, other than having your name misspelled, to become immune to the Death Note's effect.

The rule that gave me the idea was "All humans will, without exception, eventually die." And "Once dead, they can never come back to life."

So if a person died, even for just a few moments, then the Death Note might consider that person dead. And since the rules state they can never come back to life, the notebook might not recognize them as still being alive.

What do you think? Could this really work? If nothing else, the person might be immune to the Shinigami eyes. We've seen from Misa looking at the mob photos that she couldn't see the name or lifeline of anyone who is already dead.

I don't know if anyone else had the same theory but if you were despite, and Kira was probably going to kill you anyway, it might be worth the risk of flat lining and having someone use CPR or a crash cart to revive you.

What do you guys think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AxStarr

[2]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 15
    I don't think that would work. Reason being that it isn't the Death Note that 'recognizes' death or anything like that. If you're alive, the Death Note works on you. If you are dead, it will not

windseeker15

[3]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    No.

AxStarr

[4]Jan 14, 2009
    No to Me or ShagonsHeart?

qweasdzse

[5]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 10

I think there is a distinction for Shinigami between dead for real and a flatlined heart rate.

After all its been observed that decapistated people can blink. Maybe life doesn't end exactly when your heart stops.

Edited on 01/23/2009 3:28pm

nightXfall15

[6]Jan 23, 2009
    I was thinking of a theory myself, but not the same one.

What if you never gave your kid a name? Not even a nickname or anything, people just called over to them if they wanted something?

AxStarr

[7]Jan 23, 2009
    I'd say that that has a better chance of working if you can find someone without a name. Parents wouldn't think forgo the naming of their newborns as it was never revealed to general public what Kira needs to kill. But I do believe that method does have a shot at succeeding

qweasdzse

[8]Jan 25, 2009
    The real question is; who has the authority to name a person? If someone has no name can you give them one or possibly just go with"John/Jane Doe?"

nightXfall15

[9]Jan 27, 2009
    Rofl, that's a very difficult question to answer. If you just gave someone who didn't have a name a name, even just a temporary one, would that mean Kira could then kill them?

Torferleon248

[10]Mar 5, 2009
    I would say just write somthing like "That guy" and have their face in your head and it will work. But then again, not many parents leave their children nameless -cough- none -caugh- So you probably won't run into that problem.

CaptainScrapbook

[11]Mar 31, 2014
    • level: 1

So I know I am replying to this 5 years later, however I had to fill in the gap of losing Death Note and started reading fan theories when I stumbled upon your comment on this particular one.

SO. In the anime Ryuk (or some other Shinigami) says that everyone has a name, that the parents weren't the ones who chose the names they were just there when they were born. In my opinion the people who change their names probably got the wrong one at birth so their will knows what should happen or something, I don't even know.

And basically, everyone has a name - and the Shinigami eyes can see them.