Death Note Forums

Nippon Television Network Corporation (ended 2007)

What would you do with the death note?

SonGokuo

[1]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 7

I've stated numerous times I have no problem with what Kira did in the series as far as killing violent criminals goes. The world is better off with people like that dead. I'd probably do the same thing he did, except plan it better and be more covert and less conceited about it.

I think most people probably agree with me, but they won't say so here because it isn't politically correct to say that the world is better off with some people dead.

Edited on 07/03/2007 6:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CableGuy15

[2]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 19
    Im not going to lie, I would do similar things to what light did, but I would try not to be known by everyone like he intended....

That way, I'd be fine. Police in real life would laugh if someone told them that someone would die from writing their name in a notebook.

First thing I would do is kill Osama Bin ladin in the worst possible way, and I mean in a very miserable way, down to the last bitter detail, and kill whoever takes his place too. This way I could scare the terrorists into submitting....

From there I would use the death note egainst child molesters ect. Basically on people who sicken me to a large degree, and kill those with a life sentence.....

I wouldnt try to be some sort of god though, I'd keep it a secret and let the people believe what they want.

Geez, that looks awful when i look at it, but some people in this world really do deserve to die.....

Ace_o_Diamonds

[3]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 10

I might use it to kill a dangerous criminal once, but then I'd be horribly terrified of its power and burn it. Maybe I'd sell a couple pages on eBay... No, I'd definitely burn it.

first_spartan

[4]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 18
    Load of Bs you guys are talking about.. Ok lets say you have righ tnow for ex a gun in your hand...you are in teh middle of the desert with worst criminal ever. You can shoot him adn you know you will get away with it. So do you say load of BS liek you deserve to die and shoot him or you would just run away and dont have teh balls. I think in normal surcumstances if you never killed anyone in cold blood you would do that since the image of that criminal dieng will haunt you forever. And if you use death note liek its stated in the anime and manga it wil bring you missfortune. And there is great chance you will be obbsesed by killing people in the end and see yourself as only one rightheuous ruler of the earth jus tliek Light.

always_smile

[5]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 12
    Burn it, chuck it away or rip it into tiny little pieces and put it it a box with a boulder and throw it in the ocean. Once again killing is wrong! I support my anti-Kira ways

qweasdzse

[6]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 10
    Oh goody, firewood

the_second

[7]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 8
    first_spartan wrote:
    Load of Bs you guys are talking about.. Ok lets say you have righ tnow for ex a gun in your hand...you are in teh middle of the desert with worst criminal ever. You can shoot him adn you know you will get away with it. So do you say load of BS liek you deserve to die and shoot him or you would just run away and dont have teh balls. I think in normal surcumstances if you never killed anyone in cold blood you would do that since the image of that criminal dieng will haunt you forever. And if you use death note liek its stated in the anime and manga it wil bring you missfortune. And there is great chance you will be obbsesed by killing people in the end and see yourself as only one rightheuous ruler of the earth jus tliek Light.

The sad reality is that the convenience of the Death Note lay in killing people you normally wouldn't come face to face with. Believe me if Light had the gun and he was standing in front of L (this may be hard to bite into), I don't think he'd shoot. If that seems way too distorted, I'd use the death note in the same way as if criminals were all put in one little room to be gased and I could press the button from my couch (or turn them into a philosopher's stone). I'd just say, 'meh, might as well cos its easy.'

P.S. I think I'll take the 'Light shooting L' comment back. That dude was pretty twisted cos he's killed innocent people. I couldn't but hey, power corrupts (sniff sniff, innocent Light).

always_smile

[8]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 12

the_second wrote:
    first_spartan wrote:
    The sad reality is that the convenience of the Death Note lay in killing people you normally wouldn't come face to face with. Believe me if Light had the gun and he was standing in front of L (this may be hard to bite into), I don't think he'd shoot. If that seems way too distorted, I'd use the death note in the same way as if criminals were all put in one little room to be gased and I could press the button from my couch (or turn them into a philosopher's stone). I'd just say, 'meh, might as well cos its easy.' P.S. I think I'll take the 'Light shooting L' comment back. That dude was pretty twisted cos he's killed innocent people. I couldn't but hey, power corrupts (sniff sniff, innocent Light).

Yeah, Light was so cute in the beginning. And I think your right...not about Kira being right. I just don't thinl Light would have been able to kill those people if he was face-to-face with them . Thats the strength about the Death Note it kind of eliminates some of the guilt behind killing someone.

ensatsu-ken

[9]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 19
    Well, assuming that when I found it, I knew that rule about all Death Note user's lives ending in misery, I'd burn the thing right at the spot (and I wouldn't even bother to pick it up (so hopefully it'd be dropped right in/at the center of my fireplace ).

siddy_2005

[10]Jul 3, 2007
    Use it .....to kill criminals only!! (i think)

first_spartan

[11]Jul 3, 2007
    always_smile wrote:

the_second wrote:
    first_spartan wrote:
    The sad reality is that the convenience of the Death Note lay in killing people you normally wouldn't come face to face with. Believe me if Light had the gun and he was standing in front of L (this may be hard to bite into), I don't think he'd shoot. If that seems way too distorted, I'd use the death note in the same way as if criminals were all put in one little room to be gased and I could press the button from my couch (or turn them into a philosopher's stone). I'd just say, 'meh, might as well cos its easy.' P.S. I think I'll take the 'Light shooting L' comment back. That dude was pretty twisted cos he's killed innocent people. I couldn't but hey, power corrupts (sniff sniff, innocent Light).

Yeah, Light was so cute in the beginning. And I think your right...not about Kira being right. I just don't thinl Light would have been able to kill those people if he was face-to-face with them . Thats the strength about the Death Note it kind of eliminates some of the guilt behind killing someone.

reality check here. Killing is a kiling and what Kira did was mass murdering. Its liek beying Hitler and having power and telling everyone hes worlds leader or soon he will be . Power corructs man. I dont think if you have any kind of justice left in you , yo uwould use that note. An dif yo udid that your life would be misery. Cuz guilt of killing people would never wash away. and people will ssoner or later find out those arent naturel death sand you would be worlds most wanted. Doesnt matter if you have a gun or a death note. its the same thing except death note its liek a nuclear bomb. You can end like thousands of lives with one of these. Why do yo uthink Near calls it worst killing weapon in the world? And light lost it totally in teh end. he was comp+letely insane. he became so corupted. I dont know if I could call him human anymore. something jsut so evil adn cold. Not a human. Just a lifeles killing beast without a soul. Must agree that he was so inocint in the biggining and later beeyin gcompletely corruuot and become insane. Is that what you would want. Well its execly what you would get . And worlds gretest Dictators and bad leares have expreienced it. its execly what would happen to you. And after all this soem of you go ahead and say load of BS liek they would use death note. ha if you are smart enough you would burn it cuz thruth death note you can get so dark power it migh tdestroy you...there is nothing more to say here.

SonGokuo

[12]Jul 3, 2007
    Governments mass murder people all the time in warfare or under the guise of 'capital punishment'. What Kira did is really no different than what the state does (note he also had immense popular support among the population for what he was doing later on in the series).

I guess you can have the belief that killing is always wrong, but you don't seem to have that since you don't regard Kira as a living human. I actually think the ending of the anime depicted a very human reaction in Light. He knew he had lost, and he turned tail and ran. There were even some signs of remorse and the statement that he didn't want to die. That fear of death, the emotion... well, it is very human.

sphinx_vampire

[13]Jul 4, 2007
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    Im not going to lie, I would do similar things to what light did, but I would try not to be known by everyone like he intended....

That way, I'd be fine. Police in real life would laugh if someone told them that someone would die from writing their name in a notebook.

First thing I would do is kill Osama Bin ladin in the worst possible way, and I mean in a very miserable way, down to the last bitter detail, and kill whoever takes his place too. This way I could scare the terrorists into submitting....

From there I would use the death note egainst child molesters ect. Basically on people who sicken me to a large degree, and kill those with a life sentence.....

I wouldnt try to be some sort of god though, I'd keep it a secret and let the people believe what they want.

Geez, that looks awful when i look at it, but some people in this world really do deserve to die.....

I agree to you 100%! Once a Death Note landed in my arms I would write Osama Bin Ladin name, he's really a disgrace in our world and one by one eliminate all terrorists, kidnappers, rapist, etc...all major criminals.

first_spartan

[14]Jul 4, 2007

SonGokuo wrote:
    Governments mass murder people all the time in warfare or under the guise of 'capital punishment'. What Kira did is really no different than what the state does (note he also had immense popular support among the population for what he was doing later on in the series). I guess you can have the belief that killing is always wrong, but you don't seem to have that since you don't regard Kira as a living human. I actually think the ending of the anime depicted a very human reaction in Light. He knew he had lost, and he turned tail and ran. There were even some signs of remorse and the statement that he didn't want to die. That fear of death, the emotion... well, it is very human.

you talkein gto me right?

jst makin sure..anyways I knwo that pretty well but who says they are right . I eman govermetn is as righ to kill criminals under panalty of death just as Kira is but they do that anyway. In other words they have no rights whatsover since nobody seems to punish politics this they themselves. I mean all that coruption in the politics world. They make themsleves money while othe rpeople starve and do nothing to help, But I guess thats what called human egoism. And goverment can go and mass murder peopel and be completely unpunished jsut liek Kira was for 6 years. Those who have the power to kill seem tho think they are above everything else. Thats what Dn is all about. it has liek a strong political mesage in it. That politics dont hae rights to sentenced people to death. But still soem off you seem to think they do since you support Kira. But you see if Kira was been able to create his world. what do you think really would have happened. Well i tell you in the end he wouls til go mad and kil every one who he suspects to be evil and that is everyone who seem to want his power. Its very obious. Calling Kira righ tis calling mass murdering is right and saying you would do Kiras job is saying you would be as mass murderer since last tiem I checked criminals were human as well.

No Kira was a human. human who thought killing othe rpeople wil brin justtice but it only would bring chaos if he would have won. Kira is like a politician who seems to think everything can be doen by killing "evil " people. Playing the God will makehim one. Playing ruller will make him one. Well humans saw soemthign in Kira. They thought whatta helöl lets go after Kira he seems right. well and her eyou got your question how Hitler got his power. Its here in this anime. This political message seems to be there. Another good exeample how humans are so easilly seduced by people liek Kira.... It was so obious...... so who still wants to be a smass murdere in here?

the_second

[16]Jul 4, 2007
    first_spartan wrote:
    always_smile wrote:

the_second wrote:
    first_spartan wrote:

reality check here. Killing is a kiling and what Kira did was mass murdering. Its liek beying Hitler and having power and telling everyone hes worlds leader or soon he will be . Power corructs man. I dont think if you have any kind of justice left in you , yo uwould use that note. An dif yo udid that your life would be misery. Cuz guilt of killing people would never wash away. and people will ssoner or later find out those arent naturel death sand you would be worlds most wanted. Doesnt matter if you have a gun or a death note. its the same thing except death note its liek a nuclear bomb. You can end like thousands of lives with one of these. Why do yo uthink Near calls it worst killing weapon in the world? And light lost it totally in teh end. he was comp+letely insane. he became so corupted. I dont know if I could call him human anymore. something jsut so evil adn cold. Not a human. Just a lifeles killing beast without a soul. Must agree that he was so inocint in the biggining and later beeyin gcompletely corruuot and become insane. Is that what you would want. Well its execly what you would get . And worlds gretest Dictators and bad leares have expreienced it. its execly what would happen to you. And after all this soem of you go ahead and say load of BS liek they would use death note. ha if you are smart enough you would burn it cuz thruth death note you can get so dark power it migh tdestroy you...there is nothing more to say here.

Hitler = Killed innocent Jews Kira = Killed criminals Not quite the same. I think more people are capable of saying, 'Hey, we don't need criminals in this world.' rather than, 'Hey, we don't need Jews.' Kira was not like Hitler period.

first_spartan

[17]Jul 4, 2007
    the_second wrote:
    first_spartan wrote:
    always_smile wrote:

the_second wrote:
    first_spartan wrote:

Hitler = Killed innocent Jews Kira = Killed criminals Not quite the same. I think more people are capable of saying, 'Hey, we don't need criminals in this world.' rather than, 'Hey, we don't need Jews.' Kira was not like Hitler period.

dude I really did klnow not little about hitler and right now Im rewatching DN. lets see Hitler saw jews as criminals and enemy for german people. He thought they where "evil". To him they there as evil as criminals for Kira. And let see last tiem I checked Kira killed every one who wanted to apoose him and arrest him. In other words he tryed to iliminate all threats. Hitler did the same. Kira killed L. Hitler took over eaurope and alost Russia. But in teh end kira was defeated by near. Hitler was in teh end defeated by USA and the rest of alliance. Resembelence are big bettween Kira and Hitler lets see both were mass murderes. They thought is was more when justice to destroy the enemy (jews for Hitler and criminals for kira). Hitler wanted best for german people. Kira wanted good life for good people. See many resembalance. Not everything but Kira is execly liek Hitler for me. You would understand better if this enime would take anotehr angle liek letting liek establish his so called utiopi. But if you dont get what I said here dont worry I have all day to explain to you what I mean

for exemle in theory you could go out and pick up a gun and do wat you think is justice and kill all the evil people and you come back and tell me you are not what you once were fightting against. let see in the anime even ryuk says to Light. But if you do as you say and kill of all the criminals wont it make you those people you killed.

the_second

[18]Jul 4, 2007

Come now thats some reverse logic. Even I can blatantly distinguish similarities between Kira and Hitler BUT on a whole they're different. Very. But I'm simply focusing my basis on one aspect: Jews vs criminals. Now let me rather ask you, would you place Jews and criminals in the same basket?

The thing with with Kira was that he wanted to get rid of criminals and he hoped everybody would work with him to achieve this. Personally I think its very easy to stop being a criminal. Is it also easy to stop being a Jew? I doubt it. Like I said, your argument does have substance i.e. both Kira and Hitler wanted to take over the world. But Hitler never exactly wanted everybody to get along

SonGokuo

[19]Jul 4, 2007
    Both Hitler and Kira wanted to create a new world, but Hitler's criteria was largely based on racist notions and sweeping generalizations. Kira individually 'judged' criminals he deemed unworthy of life. Most of the people he killed, at least early on, were criminals that were going to either spend the rest of their life in prison or were sentenced to die.

Killing condemned and arguably outright evil people is different than engaging in wholesale genocide and killing millions of people solely because of their race. It's also different than starting a war that killed 50 million more people. Sure you could try and say that Hitler was making a better world the same as Kira was, but I don't think that is really the case. In Hitler's "aryan" utopia there would still be crime, social deviance, and suffering. With all of the criminals dead, by definition there would be no more crime.

Of course disease, starvation, etc. would persist in either world. But the big point is this: Hitler = Kira is a false comparison. It just doesn't work.

jbones31874

[20]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 6

Give it back to the shinigami and tell the shinigami to return the note to the king of the death gods; returning the note to it's rightful owner and where it truly belongs.

The Death Note is power, and power corrupts. Although it can be used for rightful intentions, how long will that attitude last? When placed in certain situations your attitude changes. There are many factors that affect your judgements such as the amount of sleep you have, knowledge of the situation(s), chemicals in the body, what's on your mind, your culture, your past experiences, what your friends think, emotions, etc.

Therefore, a person's judgement is bound to change.