Death Note

Makeshift

Aired Wednesday 12:55 AM Feb 27, 2007 on Nippon Television Network Corporation

• When deathnote began, the not so bad Light against the not-so-good L was quite interesting and asking clearly the question: What would you do if you had the power to kill without to be seen. The latest episode are focusing on Light without his shinigami

The latest episode are focusing on Light without his shinigami power and I think the show has lost some of his interest. In fact, we came back in a well-known schema of good against evil , the new Kira helping a firm to increase revenue by killing its competitor. It's still a good show but we lost all the deepness, because Light has still some good points, the new kira is just another killer. However I am still hoping to a return of Light, let'see...
  • Light as L's successor?

I don't like the new opening or ending. It just doesn't fit with Death Note. The imagery is too flashy and chaotic. Death Note has a definite energy, but it's always controlled, not out of hand and insane like that. I'll definitely be skipping over those parts.

As for the episode, it was mediocre as is every other Yotsuba episode. Those guys seem fairly stupid. And not just stupid compared to Light and L, but stupid as a whole. I have to wonder how they manage to run their corporation. And I agreed with L, sacrifices need to be made to finally get some results. Soichiro was being naïve.

I love how L is toying with Light and trying to find out his true intentions. Telling him he could take over for him if he died and watching his expressions of surprise. That L is a crafty one indeed.

My favourite line was definitely L's play-on-words about a dark world without Light. Epic! And his "I could actually fall for you" response to Misa kissing him on the cheek made me squeal. Woo! L needs some loving!
  • Who doesn't like prank-calling high-end business men?

This episode was another there to build the tension for the coming incidents. The Task Force is willing to bluff to figure out who in the group is Kira, which is high stakes for them in every possible way. This shows that L is perhaps getting a bit desperate to prove himself--at least a little.

This is interesting character development, especially this close to such a pivotal point in the series. It plants the seeds for what happens 5 episodes later, the doubt that L sees in himself and the ability to completely lose faith in his fight. The emotional tension continues, be ready for anything.

I give this episode a 9/10 on a Death Note scale.
  • The Task Force finds out that Yotsuba is either connected to Kira or one of them is Kira. This was another great episode.

Well, as usual, Death Note does not dissapoint. L of course still believe Light is Kira, and is trying to test him. He asks Light that if he were to die, would Light take over. Depending on Light's answer, Light would either be Kira or not. Though L can be sneaky he doesn't fool Light, and Light does put on a believing performance when he asks L if he looks like a killer to him. After spying on the Yotsuba's meeting, and after Light calls them and pretends to be L to delay the killings they have planned, L and the other members of the Task Force have different opinions on the actions that should be taken. Because of their difference in opinions, L suggests that they begin to work separetly in order to avoid any arguments.
    Misa Misa, as always is wrapped around Light whenever she see's him. L and Light go visit her in room room where L can propose a plan with her and Light seems to be against. L tries to get on Misa's good side by telling her she is right for Light, and flattered, Misa lets L become one of her friends. She is willing to do whatever is takes to find Kira, as long as it is for Light. To sum it all up, this episode was very good, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Moving along smoothly…

Yes of course the story is once again back on track… We pick up with the task force investigating the Yatsuba group through hidden mic’s and taps in their meeting room. Light and the rest are all shocked at how casually the seven (Hatori was killed in the last episode) are killing off members of their own corporation and opposing ones. All except L who is laid back (and has definitely got his snack on) as he observes their topics.
    We learn that L still suspects Light of either being a Kira or will again be Kira and tests him more to uncover the truth… Light, no longer surprised by L’s tactics is ready with his intellectual counter-attack, but eventually the two have it out physically again (I LOVE that!).
    All in all, another solid addition to the anime, although I must say that it was much more exciting when Light WAS Kira :S