Death Note

Performance

Aired Wednesday 12:55 AM Mar 06, 2007 on Nippon Television Network Corporation

• The Third Man

A good episode nothing enitirely spectacular, I'm still waiting for that story that's going to blow me away. However I liked this episode because we learn to things one how enginuitive Misa truely is as well as who the third Kira is. Misa I always felt was a smart person but her achilles heal is reckless dechion making and acting. Which can result in either good or bad things depending on the luck of the draw. Her choice in choicing Light as a so called significant other just proves that recklessness, she proclaims it as love but I can't help but feel it's really more of a Stockholm Syndrome lust.

Anyway I really like seeing her in action, how clever she truely was in infiltrating and locating the third Kira. Basically by taping into the guy's weakness, there was I'll admit a degree of suspense in the scene where she was in the car with him and as the interplay escilated it was starting to get uncomfortable which could of resulted in a rape. But of course Misa, pull things of with her enginuity and gets the job done in the end.

But we get insight into the third Kira who I will say is a disgusting man. He is a perverted man with not just lust for women 24.7 in his mind but lust for power. The Deathnote he has just inherited has put him on what you call a power trip, and he figure he's going to stretch that trip even further by trying to marry Misa so he can have twice the power.

I get the feeling his power trip may come to an end sooner than he thinks.