We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Defiance Community
Syfy (ended 2015)
I haven't watched Defiance but knowing Rockne O'Bannon developed and wrote much of the series makes me at least want to try. I loved Farscape and Alien Nation.

But what's the best jump-on episode?

For Farscape it's "Back and Back and Back to the Future" (S1 Ep5).
14 Comments
Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Its an uneven series - the characters are interesting, but sometimes the plot is weak.
I would give it a 4 episode test to see if you like it, because if the characters don't interest you by then, its not worth sticking with it.
The fact that it is a summer series is a bonus - usually there is not much no in the summer months.
If you are a big sci-fi fan you will probably find it interesting, but not must watch tv
Flag
I like others struggled with Defiance. It has got real possibilities. I am not jumping on the band wagon here (but really I am) Episode 5 onward and it got me trying to figure things out! What next! How and Why? The second half is very watchable. The first half was slow. The finale was actually very good so even if there were only 1 or 2 more seasons I did want to know what the "hell" it all meant?

Flag
@patsully, thanks for thinking of us. I watched the first season of Defiance but have not been really captured by it yet. But I will watch the seond series as it got more promising at the end.

As for where to jump on. There's only 12 episodes, so why not watch them all. If not, I think you should start at episode 5 as that's where a bit of the arc is starting to show.
Flag
SO I guess I'm not alone in struggling through it? It's not that I don't like it. I do. I just can't get jazzed enough to sit and watch it most days.
Flag
Okay, if I like Ep 5 I'll check out the whole season. Thanks!
Flag
At least watch 5 and 6 as 6 is the start of the better second half of the season. But 5 is needed to understand what's going on.
Flag
Sounds like a plans... thanks!
Flag
Wonder if some of the other Farscape diehards have given it a shot... cc: @edshrinker @Rolamb @ManojMajhi
Flag
I have been muddling my way through the first season. I have nothing bad to say about it and dog knows anything with Jaime Murray and Julie Benz already has 2 reasons to watch. So far it doesn't have the sense of Wonder or humor Farscape had. And it doesn't use Jim Henson's Creature Shop. It is worth giving a shot, but I will say that is I didn't see O'Bannon's name attached I never would have guessed it was his baby. Warehouse 13 is more Farscape (attitude-wise) than Defiance. But again - it is perfectly watchable.

As for an episode, I really would say the pilot. They really put a lot into it. And the series (so far) is only 12 eps anyway. But like I said - I've only gotten about 9 eps in.
Flag
Oh. I almost forgot! A 3rd reason - Mandy the Naked lesbian from 24 (Mia Kerschner) And she plays a hoore. (Not an alien species, just my spelling for Whore).
Flag
Brings back fond memories of the early years of 24. She is a cutie in this show too!
Flag
Oh yeah, and sometimes the story is interesting also :-)
Flag
Story? wut?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members