A Defiance Community
Thursday 8:00 PM on Syfy
staff
"it's not enough"
Jul 11, 2014
Defiance "Beasts of Burden" Review: A World That Has Such People in It
Pottinger was attacked by raiders, and it set off a bad chain of events. Meanwhile, Datak tried to restore himself atop his empire and his family.
staff
irzu made me do it!
Jul 04, 2014
Defiance "The Cord and the Ax" Review: The Good, the Bad, and the Godly
Irzu made Irisa do some pretty horrible things, and Yewll and Datak are out of prison. Things aren't super-great.
staff
piƱata bomb!
Jun 27, 2014
Defiance "In My Secret Life" Review: The More Things Change
Nolan and Irisa returned to Defiance to find out just how much has (or hasn't) changed.
staff
Helter skelter
Jun 21, 2014
News Briefs: Game of Thrones' Renly Baratheon Will Play Charles Manson for NBC
Plus: Mary Steenburgen is a mom on OITNB, a Breaking Bad director will helm Star Wars, and the Freaks and Geeks character bible!
staff
stahma's just the best
Jun 20, 2014
Defiance Season 2 Premiere Review: There and Back Again
"The Opposite of Hallelujah" kicked off Season 2 by establishing a few new characters and dynamics.
staff
marathon fan
May 22, 2014
The Great Summer TV Cram (2014 Edition): 8 Sophomore Series to Catch Up On Now
Now is the perfect time to ease yourself into the warmer months by kicking back and binge-watching shows that don't have anything to do with singing, dating, or wiping out on national television.
staff
to amsterdam!
Apr 09, 2014
News Briefs: The CW Orders the Web Comedy Backpackers to Series
Plus: Bravo orders a ton of shows, Shirley MacLaine finds a new life on Glee, and Doctor Who welcomes a Brit fave.
staff
wipeout
Mar 28, 2014
News Briefs: Hawaii Five-0's Michelle Borth Is Leaving After This Season
Plus: Television Without Pity shuts down, LeBron's B-ball series finds its starters, and Defiance gets a Season 2 premiere date.
Story
Mar 11, 2014
Thinking of giving this show a shot...
I haven't watched Defiance but knowing Rockne O'Bannon developed and wrote much of the series makes me at least want to try. I loved Farscape and Alien Nation.

But what's the best jump-on episode?

For Farscape it's "Back and Back and Back to the Future" (S1 Ep5).
staff
phew.
Sep 06, 2013
News Briefs: It's a Good Thing These 12 Breaking Bad Storylines Were Rejected
Plus: It's Always Sunny got off to a bright start on FXX, Defiance adds two to its cast, and a date for the next great HBO series.
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 8 Season 2
Slouching Towards Bethlehem
Airs
Airs
Episode 6 Season 2
This Woman's Work
Airs
Episode 5 Season 2
Put the Damage On
Aired
Episode 4 Season 2
Beasts of Burden
Aired
Joshua Nolan
Amanda Rosewater
Irisa Nyira
Datak Tarr
Stahma Tarr
Defiance is a drama from the creative minds behind Battlestar Galactica. Wandering through a terramorphed landscape, the mysterious Nolan decides to put down roots in a border town where aliens and humans struggle to maintain the peace in a hostile world.