Defiance Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Hope has arisen again, sci-fi is back?

Sheralien

[1]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 7

Who else has the euphoric feeling when seeing a real Sci-Fi show back on the Sci-Fi (syfy aka "reality"shows that has no real substance or entertaining value and we lost our roots that have made us big and lost all our actual viewers since we don't do science fiction anymore station) channel?

I can not wait until it is April and the show is being aired!

Who else, out there, is hoping with me that it won't be cut mid-season and will definitely watch it?

(If they keep up the good work, I will subscribe to the syfy channel again. Dropped it last year since they where only airing non sci-fi stuph)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soloebe

[2]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 2
    AGREE! I hope hope hope that it is a good series. From the trailers I have some doubts though. Seems like nowadays they try to make scifi (when they do make it) a bit over the top on costumes and action and lack storylines and most importantly characters!
    I have watched Stargate Sg1 far too many times!! I need some new stuff in my blood.

soloebe

[3]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 2
    Just saw another trailer, much better!

DuoMaxwell007

[4]Jan 26, 2013
    • level: 12
    there are plenty of sci fi stuff on syfy.. Alphas was sci fi, continuum is definitely sci fi battlestar galactica was sci fi, so was caprica, and if you wanna be technical you an even call being human and lost girl sci fi.. but anyway on topic yes Ill be watching the tv show AN playing the game (especially after seeing how the two are integrated)

mandalorian2000

[5]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 1

I so agree I was just commenting to my wife how down the drain the channel had gone.

BSG has been over for just under 4 years, over 2 for Caprica. Continuum is a rebroadcast of a Canadian show (excellent but notoriginal).

The other shows Alpha's, Lost Girl, Being Human, Haven, Eureka (now over), Warehouse 13 are not the kind of hard Sci-Fi that the channel was previously known for and that many of us loved.

Broubtrall

[6]Mar 5, 2013

the trailer suck. whenever a trailer suck, it doesnt worth watching this.

BradleyGoldma

[7]Mar 19, 2013
    • level: 6

Broubtrall wrote:

What ever happened to you, that has made you so skeptical and cynical or were you ever a true sci-fi fan at all?!? A true sci-fi fan never gives up hope, as the shows and movies that they have watched in the past, have always contained the message to 'never give up hope'. Personally, I, like the others in this thread, am stoked for this show...I've even pre-ordered the Defiance MMO, and have been playing in the beta events (the 3rd and final event is now running for PS3 users...PC users have access from the 22nd, and 360 users have access from the 25th) and am thoroughly enjoying it.

mandalorian2000 wrote:

The other shows Alpha's, Lost Girl, Being Human, Haven, Eureka (now over), Warehouse 13 are not the kind of hard Sci-Fi that the channel was previously known for and that many of us loved.

^This. Stargate, Star Trek, BSG...THESE are examples of true sci-fi shows. Everything else has been squarely 'drama' mixed with some craptastic romance.

Edited on 03/18/2013 11:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ekim726

[8]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 9

This show will hopefully be the re-emergence of true Science Fiction if they could hold on and let the show get its story Arc going. Like everyone has been saying, the shows on SyFy are not outer space science fiction with alien Tech and ships and Aliens but this has them all and hopefully they could keep their fingers off of the Cancel button for this show and just let it become the franchise the SyFy channel needs to fix its broken reputation. I and most people I know have high hopes for this show and I just know even if it starts off a little slow (Which I hope it doesn't) I just have a good feeling it will be one of the greats. Lets get ready for a true Science Fiction ride on the Defiance Train and lets not get off until the very end!Cool

ekim726

[9]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 9

BradleyGoldma wrote:

Broubtrall wrote:

What ever happened to you, that has made you so skeptical and cynical or were you ever a true sci-fi fan at all?!? A true sci-fi fan never gives up hope, as the shows and movies that they have watched in the past, have always contained the message to 'never give up hope'. Personally, I, like the others in this thread, am stoked for this show...I've even pre-ordered the Defiance MMO, and have been playing in the beta events (the 3rd and final event is now running for PS3 users...PC users have access from the 22nd, and 360 users have access from the 25th) and am thoroughly enjoying it.

mandalorian2000 wrote:

^This. Stargate, Star Trek, BSG...THESE are examples of true sci-fi shows. Everything else has been squarely 'drama' mixed with some craptastic romance.

I also have pre-ordered the Defiance MMO. I am getting the Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive because I collect game exclusives and also Hardcover Game Guides limited editions. I really have a good feeling about this franchise and hope it goes all the way and SYFY doesn't give up on it like they did Stargate Universe because I thought they started getting that show on track and they pulled the plug just as it gained momentum. I think SYFY needs this show to make it and us Science Fiction Fans also need SYFY to Succeed with this so they continue to bring back the Science Fiction shows to the channel and at least get a good mix if they insist on keeping Wrestling and reality shows. I hope they stay true to their word and really give Trion Worlds a long leash on this project as they said they would.

JanKoning

[10]Mar 27, 2013

I am sorry if this sounds hars, but why watch at all.

Syfy is going to cancel the show after 1 season anyways.

and bring back another great search for ghosts or jezus show in return

but i hope the show makes it.

RizNYC

[11]Apr 11, 2013
    • level: 5

I watched the 15 minute preview and was underwhelmed. Don't think I'll be tuning in for this one.

Dec1964

[12]Apr 16, 2013
    • level: 35

This show was everything and then some, plus "Warehouse 13" is coming back soon.

markm75

[14]Apr 17, 2013
    Did anyone else get strong Han Solo vibes from Nolan, the main character. Some of the lines were very Han Soloish, there were many.. still great though.

PhilSmith1

[15]Apr 18, 2013
    • level: 4

I,ve seen better shows axed after the 1st season and worse shows kept on, who knows with the networks these days. I do hope they give this time to develop. I,m sure the first Star Trek was abysmal but look how far that went

Slash_out

[16]Apr 18, 2013

I loved the first ep. Seriously, it was so good.

There wasn't much useless drama. Actually I don't really know what made me love this over all other recent scifi shows that I ended up abandoning after a few episodes.

I don't know, it has a different feel from recent productions and I love it.

wmsyrac

[17]Apr 21, 2013
    Same guy, wrong movie.

It's "Raiders of the Lost Arc" w Harrison Ford.
    Of course, Mr. Ford is way tioo type-cast to project any believable news about the future..

Let's hope the "Marshall" is clueless enough to seem Real. And take it from there.

Dec1964

[18]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 35

Episode - 2 was fantastic & i see a season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 at least.

antdude

[19]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 27
    Meh, it's alright.

zzbeach

[20]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 12

I liked it and I for one am glad this isn't the "new BSG" or the "new Lost." SGU and Caprica were supposed to be and they were canned for good reasons. This show is a straight forward no frills fun sci fi adventure show harkening back to Babylon 5 and SG1. I applaud SyFy for bringing this kind of entertainment back. I also am making a commitment to buy the dvd set as soon as it comes out to show my support where it counts, in the pocketbook.