Defiance Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Life in the Future Under Town

Scop

[1]Apr 27, 2013
    • level: 4

I live in St. Louis. I thought there may be other of us folks who live here or used to live here who might want to share their thoughts about St. Louis, our beloved Arch, and the cool things the writers got right about St. Louis (like Toasted Tavioli and Gooey Butter Cake) and thebizarrethings they got wrong.

Okay, this could potentially break down into more than one topic, but it's a place to start. We're only three episodes in after all.

So, for one thing... it rains her... A LOT! So much so that on a recent trip to London, I didn't really notice the damp. Umbrellas are for wimps anyway. Tonight, (and all day today and all day yesterday) we've been having a drizzly sort of foggy rain. The fog's so bad that you can't see the Arch from BushStadium(that's a place we American's like to play a game called "base ball"... usually well into October).

Fog like this happens a lot. On a few occasions we've had a weird fog that let's you see the arch's legs, but the entire top of the Arch is obscured. It looks like two oddly angled, dark grey pillars that defy all physic to remain standing.

Anyway, considering the Mississippi river is dry in the postTerra-formed future, I don't think they're going to do anything with the weird effects of an abudance di-hydrogen monoxide in the atmo. Oh well.

At least the summers will be a dry heat

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danielcureton

[2]Jul 28, 2014
    • level: 1

If you were in Defiance and had been in old St. Louis, would you continue to live in the changed world?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.