Defiance Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on SyfyIn Season

Show and Game

lostcause78

[1]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 9

So what will be the tie in, if any, between the show and the game?

Other than being in the same "universe" how will they interact?

I ask because I wonder, if in case the game doesn't become a success, will that have an impact on the show?

MMOs are hard to make lasting.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dec1964

[2]May 21, 2013
    • level: 33

Is anyone playing the game.

jasten

[3]May 21, 2013
    • level: 3
    I am playing it. There has only been characters from the show making appearances in the game. There will be some crossover later from the game to the series I've heard. But not sure exactly when. There is a lot of great info and world expansion that just really adds to everything. Looking forward to seeing how the game will effect the show a little more, but loving the few times we've had crossover from the show to the game.

PsychShaman

[4]May 28, 2013
    • level: 2

The Defiance game has a main mission line. It also has episode missions which are released before or after tv episodes. These are the tie-ins that I've seen so far:

***SPOILER***

I enjoy the game, but I wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't for the show. At this point it almost feels like work to get the full story. The crossovers sometime feel forced, and the one I mentioned about the Brother in Arms episode made the tv show less cohesive. It must have just been tacked on to the script, just so there could be a crossover in that episode. So, basically my thoughts are mixed on if the tv-game crossover experiment is actually working, but I hope that things will get better.

Also, why, oh, why didn't they make the game F2P? If they really wanted this to work, they would have cut out the initial cost of the game and go with F2P which is a proven platform.

Edited on 05/28/2013 2:56pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Dec1964

[5]Jun 4, 2013
    • level: 33

I'm glad people are playing the game & noticing changes in the shows direction.

I'm not playing, but thanks for telling me.