The Devil in the Dark

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 29, 2013 on Syfy

• An improvement, but not yet enough.

Ok the CG may be a bit better but the way those bugs crawled up the wall was completely unconvincing. They really need to step up the quality of acting because some scenes are just so bland and choppy - half of the scenes just seemed put together as short, uninteresting somewhat connected storylines.

At the moment, I don't really know which characters I like - Nolan is probably the most likeable (basically Rick from TWD), Julie Benz is friendly, but she is powerless and can't intimidate anyone :S

This show is getting better, but without any serious aircrafts or high-tech nerd gadgets, Defiance comes off as a pre-1900's steampunk cowboy town. As long as they're sticking to cliches, please introduce some spaceships or some serious special effects :P Please?
  • Quite entertaining.

This was an interesting episode of Defiance with some great character development as the show begins to settle down.

I thought the events of the episode were really quite interesting, and the episode was ovbiously centered around Irisa.

My only criticism was that most of the characters got really limites screen time in this episode, as a lot of it was based on Irisa and the Irathients. But that is only a minor small oconcern for me, as I'm sure they will appear next time instead.

Overall, great show!
  • Starting to come into its' own

This was maybe the best episode so far. Things just started to tighten up, relationships are maturing, and the story was very good. Irisa is really going to add to this series and the interplay between the various races is falling into place nicely. Also, it seemed to me that the FX were better and more realistic looking, mainly the way they did up the hellbugs. I am enjoying the show more and looking forward to future episodes to see where this is all going.
  • The Devil in the Dark

The Devil in the Dark was an awesome episode of Defiance. I really enjoyed watching because the story was full of character growth and plot development. McCawley seems to be accepting his daughters betrothal to the Tarr boy. I liked how the Spirit Riders were focused upon along with a gift of Irisa's. This episode is a great addition to the series which seems likely to be successful. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!