Degrassi High

All in a Good Cause

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jan 16, 1990 on CBC

• Claude convinces Caitlin to protest manufacturing nuclear weapons. Scott stalks Kathleen.

"All in a Good Cause" is an excellent episode with a horrible "A" plot. I LOVED THE SUBPLOT!!! I hate the character Claude. He is such a hypocrite. He talks as if he's this big rebel but then get scared when the police are nearby. I hated how he convinces Caitlin to spray paint on the building and he leaves Caitlin behind when the police show up. The only thing I love about this plot is Caitlin breaking up with Claude. Now, I love, love, love the subplot. In this episode, Scott is harassing and stalking Kathleen. It was so intense how Scott beat up Kathleen again. I love how Kathleen called the police and pressed charges. I give this episode a 9/10.

• Don't ever stay in a relationship with someone who doesn't love you or that does not care about you at all. Stay safe

To all those teenage girls out there, if anyone you're in love with or in a couple relationship with and they hit you, please don't have hope that they will never do it again. If they do it once, they'll do it again. I promise it won't end good. Leave them immediately and tell someone that you trust with all your heart or go to a hotline or a counseling or a teacher anywhere that you believe will help keep you safe and maybe even save your life. That was wrong what Scott did to Kathleen. All she did was love him in the right way a man should be loved.
  • Caitlin and Claude protest against nuclear weapons, as Claude insists. Maya confronts Caitlin on neglecting her friends. Arthur and Yick prank Mr Raditch on a bet. Kathleen is beat up by Scott even after she tells him to leave.

7.7
    I always liked Caitlin and Claude's relationship up until this point. It's so much easier to talk of not neglecting your friends when you have a boyfriend, when you're not in that situation. So it's sad to see that they keep on like this, even though clearly Claude is liked by Caitlin's mom.But here we see his true colors; that he can talk the talk, but he can't walk the walk. The part with Arthur and Luke, it's just funny, but I'd be proud of Arthur for sticking up for himself. And I think Mr Raditch must have sensed it too, since he just congratulated the class, and then quietly asked him and Yick to come over and clean up the mess. Shows that teachers have a heart too; they're not just slave drivers who happen to be in the classroom. The part with Scott, it can be scary at first. It's like, she broke up with him, she moved on to be more with her friends, and yet he's still stalking and beating her! I never saw any part where I assume Melanie found her, called for help, and help encouraged her to press charges. This signals the end of Scott around Kathleen.