Degrassi High

All in a Good Cause

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jan 16, 1990 on CBC

• Caitlin and Claude protest against nuclear weapons, as Claude insists. Maya confronts Caitlin on neglecting her friends. Arthur and Yick prank Mr Raditch on a bet. Kathleen is beat up by Scott even after she tells him to leave.

7.7
    I always liked Caitlin and Claude's relationship up until this point. It's so much easier to talk of not neglecting your friends when you have a boyfriend, when you're not in that situation. So it's sad to see that they keep on like this, even though clearly Claude is liked by Caitlin's mom.But here we see his true colors; that he can talk the talk, but he can't walk the walk. The part with Arthur and Luke, it's just funny, but I'd be proud of Arthur for sticking up for himself. And I think Mr Raditch must have sensed it too, since he just congratulated the class, and then quietly asked him and Yick to come over and clean up the mess. Shows that teachers have a heart too; they're not just slave drivers who happen to be in the classroom. The part with Scott, it can be scary at first. It's like, she broke up with him, she moved on to be more with her friends, and yet he's still stalking and beating her! I never saw any part where I assume Melanie found her, called for help, and help encouraged her to press charges. This signals the end of Scott around Kathleen.