Degrassi High

Crossed Wires

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Dec 10, 1990 on CBC

• Tim asks Liz to a concert, they have a good time until he tries to kiss her. She later confesses to Spike that she was sexually abused by her mom's then-boyfriend. Alex is too shy to kiss Tessa. Joey and Dwayne connect on a new level.

Here we find out why Liz is so moody, and not much for boyfriends. Explains her behavior towards Joey in Great Expectations. And why she let Patrick go in the last(or next) episode. With her discussions with Spike I see 2 different sides, but bringing up her one-time sex leading to Emma's conception was really mean. But I gotta hand it to Spike to keep on with the friendship; knowing that she's got problems. And goes to show that sexual abuse isn't easily gotten over. The part with Alex and Tessa was painful, but sweet. There should be more guys like Alex. Maybe Liz should've been going with Alex instead, and Tim with Tessa. But then it also shows that with opposite sides there, that things can be learned either way. I loved then watching Alex being a total gentleman with Tessa, like he'd been practicing for years. The part with Dwayne, wow. I loved how he then got Tabi shut up when she suggested a prank on Joey. It sure hit when she asked if he's blackmailing him. And it doesn't yet show how Joey deals with Wheels as a roommate, but the way he and Dwayne relate to each other, it's so good to watch. How they learn about sense of humor, and Dwayne can actually talk to someone about it. He needs it, and Joey being his sounding board is sweet irony.