Degrassi High

CBC (ended 1992)

Stig14

Degrassi High Fan Reviews (20)

• An old story that seems to be actual, even more than 20 years later.

I hate everybody, but myself. That was the way all these teenagers were feeling, and I am sure cause I remember feeling that way.

20 years later and this show is still actual. I like the way they deal with normal issues, that our teenagers have to live also today. The first date, the sex talk, divorcing parents, losing families, sex before marriage, unwanted pregnancies, anorexia, drugs, friendship and loneliness.

Do I suggest somebody to watch it? Yes I do.. you won't see super actresses or actors, but kids that have issues that 20 yrs later are still the same, difference, parents seems to be paying more attention to the kids of that time..

This show brought values, and the consecuences of wrong decisions, and i think people should watch it. Go Degrassi! [Spike Fan! but she was a witch with Shane at the end]
  • Only Adjectives:Intense, slightly unrealistic, Dramatic, lovable, romantic, tear-inducing, atractive, and relatable.

Degrassi is a show that is very near and dear to my heart. Ive been watching it from season one and I'm loving every second. This show makes you feel like your developing a bond with the characters. you watch them grow up, and they grow up with you. you go through what they go through, and it shows good and bad ways to deal with your problems. they make mistakes for you so you can learn from theirs, instead of making those mistakes yourselves. It is however a little over dramatic in the sence that it wants to relate to it's audience. And is not intensley hard hitting, for a show that claims "Degrassi, it goes ther." but this show is intended for the teen crowed from 14 to about 17 I would say, therefor it dosent need to be to "adult content." but it does deal with serious topics such as pregnancy, death, drug use, std's,and internal, mental, and physical handicaps. it allows you to see your favorite characters rise and fall, and that fellow tv viewers, is what makes a drama fantastic.(keep in mind that this opinion is from me, a teenager's point of view, and may not be enjoyable to an adult audience.)
  • Degrassi is a teenage soap opera. Too many characters to describe in 255 characters.

6.8
    I used to love this show. Unfortunately, it is going down hill fast. The episodes are getting repetitive. The show has lost its shock value. Half of my favorite couple has left the show. It is getting boring and predictable. As I said before, I used to love this show. I could not wait for new episodes. Now I just watch them because I feel like I should because it was once one of my favorite shows. Watch the first few seasons of Degrassi, but stop watching it after that. It will just become a disappointment to you. I hate that fact so much.
  • Classic show

Degrassi High is a classic show for teens. It really shows the hardships of growing up and some of the things teens have to face. It's also rewarding to see the degrassi stars when they were younger compared to those that joined degrassi tng. The show was definitely ahead of it's time. It dealt with various issues that teens face. They showed numerous issues that included sex, teen pregnancy, drugs and more. The only thing I hate is that it was kind of short in my opinion. I'm talking about Degrassi High not junior. I wish there were more episodes but other than that I recommend it to all.
  • omg i still love this show!

Although this show ended before I was born I like still love it. I mean I've seen most of the episodes and it seems sooo good. It like can still apply to times today because the high school are like the high schools now. I love the characters too. Like even the mean ones have their moments. I love Degrassi! It's soooo good. I wish they still made new episodes. Well, that probably won't be possible after like 17 years. bleh. well whatever, Degrassi was great while it was running and it's still great even after all these years! Ow Ow
  • ok, so this show has brought me closer to myself. when the eppisode when elli cut herself it brought me back. i used to cut myself and the episode showed me how to cope with the stress.

ok, so this show has brought me closer to myself. when the eppisode when elli cut herself it brought me back. i used to cut myself and the episode showed me how to cope with the stress. when i cut i noticed that friends cared, just like paige did for ellie. so all the things you put out on the show, like the rape episode, maybe is like the real trauma that rape vitims go through. thank you for the light that ive finally reached. this show brought me to a whole new level in my life that brought me confidence in myself and with other perople. you really inspire teens to be themselve, no matter how bad that honesty could be. (and a special thanks to stacy farber, you are my tru hero!)
  • Degrassi was definitely ahead of its time!

Degrassi High was the original... sort of. It all started with the Kids Of Degrassi Street, then moved on with the kids as they aged into Junior High, and finally into high school. Many of the same characters were there throughout the series in both Junior High and High. They started out young... very young! and we grew with them. They weren't the best actors in the world, but they were real.

The story lines, however, were very cutting edge, and very much ahead of their time. This little Canadian show dealt with lots of issues that teens have to face all the time: trouble at home, sex, AIDS, bullies, shop lifting, peer pressure, running for school council... they had it all. And they dealt with it realistically, too. It still holds up today, and in fact, Degrassi:TNG is using a lot of these story lines all over again. A great show that everyone should watch!
  • One of my favourite shows growing up - and it's a Canadian show too. The Junior High years were good - but man oh man did they blow it out of the water with Degrassi High.

There are only a few shows from the 80's/90's that I still like to go back and watch over and over - and this is one of them. I mean, even just to go back and see what the kids were wearing and talking about. It's like a time capsule playing out on the television. But even better than that are the characters and cutting edge storylines. What show, back in the late 80's and early 90's was tacking such issues as HIV, suicide, abortion, and abusive relationships with such integrity and honesty? And we're not talking about a bunch of sophisticated, older actors; these were a bunch of teenagers – dealing with issues that real teenagers faced. Not only that – but we got to grow up with these characters. When they first start out the kids are 12/13 and we see them graduate from high school. We fall in love with all of them, no matter how flawed and messed up their lives became, so that when they were going through emotional upheaval, we felt it too. I can't wait until this is out on DVD.
  • Degrassi, a show about highschool students and how reality lives can be, is my one of my personal favorites. It helps tenagers to realize that they are are not alone and this could happen to other people! They have great actors and actresses and did a gre

Degrassi, a show about highschool students and how reality lives can be, is my one of my personal favorites. It helps tenagers to realize that they are are not alone and this could happen to other people! They have great actors and actresses and I thought they did a great job!!
  • Degrassi is a good show to watch if you want a lesson in something! I thought this show as better than the junior high series. And I think it is kinda cheesy but hey its a teen show just kidding! I think this show is the greatest ha ha ha.

Ok so like long ago there was this show that came out in the late 80's It was called degrassi junior high a catchy them song and such! I thought it was sort of cheesy but then when they progressed it was getting better!
    As you may know now there is another Degrassi out right now on the channel The - N It's called degrassi the next generation Its cool but hey if you like the classic than watch that one(degrassi junior high and high)! I thought that the new degrassi was kinda of copying the classics and such but you know,It still gives this feeling of things like school well duh it is based about a school!
    I like Degrassi High better than all put together and I thought it was funny,sad,and plain scary lol! This had to be the greatest show on tv well not the greatest show but it was good! If you missed degrassi high they are at the n but right now there only showing degrassi junior high I think they are at the second season right now!
    But if you don't feel like watching degrassi junior high at twelve than by the dvd set but they dont have the degrassi high dvds or anything with it but im wating. I will be writng more stuff about degrassi but that will be on my profile.
  • The Degrassi Series really does GO THERE!

Degrassi High opened with one of the most risque storylines in the entire series, Erica's decision on whether or not to get an abortion! The series only grew from there and handled many more mature story lines that Junior High couldn't have done. The series had many memorible story lines including The Zit's (formerly the Zit Remedy) music video, Caitlin going to court because of Claude, Kathleen's abusive boyfriend Scott, Michelle moving out on her own when she's only 16, and many more! The series ended with a major downer tv movie called School's Out, it was amazingly realistic and really sad to see where some of our favorite character's ended up. This series goes where other teen shows don't I recommend it to anyone!
  • best degrassi of them all

Though i have a deep long running love for all things Degrassi, Degrassi High is by far my fave. The Canadian 90210 was somehow more appealing and realistic than any of its american competition. This is where we really get to see Wheels fall apart and baby emma, more of Liz and not to mention Patricks debut. "It creeps" and Claudes suicide are 2 of my personal faves. Dont be a broomhead.
  • I wish they'd put this on DVD!

I love this show! I miss it to no end. It was way ahead of its time, and a true classic. My mother was a strong supporter of the show, and encouraged me to watch it, despite the legions of parents that were against the show. Timeless, and true.. Love it!
  • High school kids deal with life

The great thing about the Degrassi shows is that they are half hour public service announcements done in as interesting way. Issues as perinial as teen sex and drug abuse to racism, sexism or step families, Degrassi tackles it all with apomb. Because we follow the kids of Degrassi we learn along with them.
  • Before my time.. but making a comeback!

I recently started watching this by downloading it on Morpheus out oh curiousity on how Degrassi got started, since I'm such a BIG fan oh Degrassi: The Next Generation. I was especially curious about Spike, and her teen pregnancy, since the next generation left out some details. But love the episodes that I could actually get on-line! I heard that the N, is going to show Degrassi JH and Degrassi High next month! Let me kno if this is true anyone!!

*Lyssa*
  • Everyone at my school would watch this every afternoon on CBC

6.6
    Great show. The best teen drama on TV. Almost no cheese! Compare this show to other Teen Dramas of the time and you can see the difference. The characters looked like real students and they had real problems.

It does lose points for bad teen acting though and low production value. It's a shame that CBC stopped airing reruns in the afternoon. They repalced it with "the X." Shame........
  • The-n

I think they should show degrassi high on the-n that would be really cool i have seen two episodes that i downloaded off the internet but othe then that i havent seen any other episodes i really want to so i can kinda know what happend to the old cast.
  • One of my favorite shows ever!

I am not one to obsess over much. But when it came too Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High it all changed. An original fan of The Next Generation i stumbled upon these two shows after finding out The Next Generation was a continuation. What a great show. I loved all of the characters. There were so many of them and they all had at least one little story line. There was always so much. And it was such a fearless show. They covered ever teen issue. All the big ones people are afraid to talk about and all the little ones that happen to everyone every once in a while. It was entertaining and I must admit at times it even made me cry. And I'm not the kinda girl that cries for tv characters that much but it had that raw emotion for me. It also gave me a greater appreciation for the late 80s and the early 90s. For some reason I adore that decade (the 80s that is) Those were the days! Anyway. Just saying how much I adore this show.
  • a show that details kids going through high school

i love this show too death. I fell in love with Degrassi the Next Generation and decided to go out and buy the first and second season on dvd. I watched all of the episodes in like a week, and that is a big accomplishment because usually i get bored of a show really fast. Degrassi is a real show, it does not seem like they are reading from scripts, it seems like thats what a normal kid would say. also who does not like the hair and the clothes from the late 80's earily 90's COME ON i wish this show would have kept going past the two seasons for high because thats when degrassi got good!
  • This show was a continuation of Degrassi Junior High. It followed the characters from Junior High, to High School. We watch the previous characters develop, and watch as their relationships change.

7.9
    Degrassi high was one of the first high school dramas. It paved the way for all the others that followed in it's footsteps. Unlike some of the teen dramas past and present, Degrassi High tackled some real issues (Aids, teen sexuality, drugs and alcohol, pregnancy, etc.) It's issues were real, and the actors were actual teens playing teens. (not 20 somethings trying to act as teenagers) I still love this show. It may seem a little old, but the issues still relate to todays teenagers. Now that there is a New Degrassi Spin off (Degrassi TNG), past veiwers can follow the old characters into the new show. I love how as an adult, I can watch a show about teenagers. It has all the old characters, and I can see what they are doing as adults. If I was a teen now, going back and watching this show, it may seem a little cheesy, but to me, it's still worth watching.