Degrassi High

Showtime (1)

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jan 07, 1991 on CBC

• Claude tries out for the talent show and doesn't make it. He also talks to Caitlin asking for another chance; she rejects him. He then gives her a flower to say goodbye. Next thing Snake finds him dead in the boys' bathroom and everyone is upset.

This episode is very sad. I understand Caitlin's dilemma, but I appreciate her honesty, to be courteous to Claude, but not to get back together with him if she's not comfortable. It might be easy to do that, since she apparently hasn't had a boyfriend since. But it also shows that Caitlin did move back in with her parents and is respecting their decision to try to work things out. And then wondering if she had made the right choice after she found out Claude was dead. The flowers at the end, that was so hurting. I'm glad they show students trying to share their feelings. In a case of suicide, there are no right answers. Shows in how Bronco wanted to cancel the talent show, but Lucy thought it should still go on. And Joanne, who really tried. And that one black girl who said he's now in hell. In all the times I've watched this episode I've never, ever, seen the part where Alexa was considering breaking up with Simon. Someone help me out here!