Degrassi High

Showtime (2)

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jan 14, 1991 on CBC

• Caitlin is being haunted by memories of Claude.

"Showtime" part 2 is one of my favourite Degrassi High episodes. In this episode, Caitlin is being haunted by Claude. I feel so bad for her. He is such a jerk for blaming her for his suicide. I love how Joey tells Caitlin that it's not her fault and that Claude was a manipulative jerk. I'm glad Caitlin finally came to her senses. And I love how they carried on with the talent show. I love Caitlin's smile at the end of this episode. I give this episode a 10/10.

• Caitlin reluctantly tutors Joey in science. He ends up helping her deal with Claude's death. The talent show goes on as a benefit to a suicide program. Snake also deals with having found Claude. Wheels pays his debt to Joey.

This episode is good, to see both Caitlin and Joey helping each other, and putting the past behind them. After all, Joey sure didn't like her for awhile, and neither had dated anyone since her breakup with him. No more of him calling her "ice princess/ice maiden". Though she certainly was icy to him until her defenses came down. People have different reactions to such an incident of death. I'm glad they showed that of Joanne, Lucy, Spike, Bronco, and Snake. I love how they show Joey telling Snake outright, "people miss you", and listening to him rant as well. Good to tie up loose ends with Wheels. But if he paid off that debt that fast, he must still be living with his grandparents; probably they and his boss keep tabs on him together. Which he really needs. Good end to the such story.