Degrassi High

Stressed Out

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Feb 13, 1990 on CBC

• Caitlin finds out Ms Avery isn't coming back, and seeks to protest until she finds out the truth. Michelle takes caffeine pills until she faints in exhaustion. Snake takes his driver's test, Joey worries about his exams, and Wheels helps them breathe.

Good conclusion. It's typical to see people be cranky in the midst of tests, and waiting for results. I'm glad Snake finally did get his drivers. Though I wonder, why don't they go into most of the girls' driving? Like, Lucy's parents getting her a car, or the twins fighting over the car, or Michelle not having enough money for driver's ed? I loved Caitlin's plot. It's sweet what she tries to do, and Ms Avery is gracious about it. More so than Mr Raditch when she pulled the protest against Spike's being forced to leave. And they bring back in the plot from last season, how Spike wouldn't have been in school if not for her. And also the opposition from Dwayne and his friends. Showing both sides. Michelle's plot, I really felt sorry for her. If her work schedule is that crazy and she can't take any time off, then what? I'm surprised it didn't come up that she was scared of having to move back home. It's hard to know what could happen from there, especially since she can take a month off work to see her mom. I loved seeing the party and to hear another report on LD, even though she's not really in the show anymore. Good way to tie up loose ends.
  • Michelle is taking caffeine pills

"Stressed Out" is an amazing Degrassi High episode and great season finale. In this episode, Michelle is stressed out and taking caffeine pills to stay awake and study. I love how BLT was against it. It was so intense how Michelle took to many caffeine pills and her behaviour changed and she passed out. I love how she decided to stop taking them. In this episode, Caitlin thinks Ms. Avery got fired and makes everyone sign a petition to keep her at Degrassi. I love how there was miscommunication and Ms. Avery really didn't get fired, but she's still leaving Degrassi. I give this episode a 9/10.