Degrassi High

Three's A Crowd

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jan 21, 1991 on CBC

• Spike asks Snake to the dance, and then Michelle asks him later, and he'd rather go with Michelle. Tessa falls for Yick as she tutors him, and therefore realizes she needs to break up with Alex. It doesn't happen the way she plans.

This episode is beautiful and sad. Tessa really annoys me. In Crossed Wires she says she didn't want to initiate kissing Alex because "then he'll think I'm easy", but she has no problem kissing Yick. What a hypocrite! I'm glad Alex answered her request to still be friends as "I don't think so". Arthur is a smart guy, but it seems he's a little naive about male hormones; not sure what he'd do in this situation. It's too bad we never see Arthur fall for anyone, and he's not in DTNG. Spike's asking Snake out, that's really sweet. And the little "daydreams" added a cute little twist to it too. Especially seeing the twins laughing at her; they haven't spoken to her since Erica's abortion came out, and they used to be friends. Though it's also sweet to see him going through with it as best he can, just because she asked first, even though he really likes Michelle. I loved the last part, where he said "it was nice of you to ask me" and she said "it was nice of you to say yes". It was clean; they had nothing bad to look back on when they eventually got together in DTNG. Too bad we never see what happened to Michelle. Another thing they could've done is have Spike and Alex sort of see each other through it, and decide to go to the dance together.
  • Snake gets asked to the dance by both Michelle and Spike.

"Three's A Crowd" is a great Degrassi High episode. The beginning of this episode is so cute with Spike daydreaming about Snake. It's awful how Spike asks Snake to the dance and then Michelle asks Snake to the dance because I love both Snake and Michelle together, but I also love Spike and Snake together. Tessa plot was funny with being bored of Alex and wanting to date Yick. I give this episode a 8/10.