Degrassi Junior High Forums

CBC (ended 1989)

What would have made degrassi better?

maddogmacias

[1]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 3

As much as I loved degrassi there were some things i didnt like.

they had some truly awful episodes in the 1st season.: nothing to fear, smokescreen, parents night

some of the kids were terrible actors

the zit remedy: no explanation needed here

joey was in way too many episodes which was unrealistic. so many things cannot happen to 1 guy.

what I think would have made it better is:

most importantly more writers. most shows dont rely on just 1 writer. you cant rely on yan moore to write almost every episode.

a 2nd grade 8 class with a whole group of other characters.

a cafeteria

someone who can actually act to play wheels.

joey, wheels, and snake deregulated to minor character status. give the major roles to better actors, and better looking ones too.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

washingbasket

[2]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 8
    Junior high is rad. If you dislike so many properties about it, why watch it? Theres no point telling writers to change it, it's an 80s show, done and finished, all actors have mooved on from Junior high.

Try watching TNG.

gonzales1

[3]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    I actually agree about the zit remedy part, I dont know why they even added that stupid thing, and the worse part is that they only had one song!

bitterfly_rose

[4]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 3
    Part of what made the show work was the simple nature in which it was made. Anybody who has watched any of the "behind the scenes specials" knows that they did not have wardrobe or makeup, the kids brought in their own clothes, and did there own makeup. I believe they were also able to improvize if they felt kids their age, or especially their own character would not say or do such a thing. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it made the show more relatable. Part of the problem with the show now is that its gone away from that simple begining. Its all about fancy makeup done by real makeup artists, clothing picked out by real stylists, etc. While the acting has improved some, its lost some of the realism that, for me at least, made the show relatable and interesting to watch.

darbo12

[5]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 1
    This is a cheezie plug but Degrassi should inspire/use what is happening in high schools today like Stratford Central's 'Project Hit Single' Summer Never Ends by Rm214 see the trailer on youtube Summer Never Ends - Trailer...a great success story by real high school students. .99 cents on iTunes, all funds support their Arts/Media High Skills Major.