Degrassi: The Next Generation

Careless Whisper

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 03, 2003 on Much Music

• Marco questions his sexuality.

"Careless Whisper" is an awesome Degrassi episode. The character Marco starts questioning his sexuality as he notices that he might be attracted to guys. I actually love Ellie and Marco because they're both shy, so it's very cute. But Marco realizing that he's gay is one of his best storylines on this shows, the other with him coming out. It was so cute how Ellie is willing to pretend to be Marco's girlfriend, although it's probably not the best thing for them to do. The only thing that was wrong with this episode was the subplot. It was annoying. I didn't like how Toby was obsessed with Kendra. It was very creepy and little out of character. I give this episode a 9/10.
  • This episode was great.

This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great. This episode was great.
  • apalling

2.7
    Just as things seem to be going good with Ellie & Marco, Marco questions his own sexuality. He tries to stay with Ellie to hide who he might really be, but Ellie puts the pieces to the puzzle together and finds out his secret. She promises not to tell and invites Marco to a Gay/Lesbion group at a local church, but he tells her he's not ready for that kind of thing yet. Meanwhile, Toby is all over Kendra. It seems to sort of be a Craig-Manny relationship. Toby is always having a good time, but Kendra needs he time & space. When Toby redecorates Kendra's locker Manny tells him it's not worth the trouble and she'll feel "suffocated". Then Toby lays off Kendra. Finally, Kendra gives Toby a kiss, and everything is as good as new
  • We see the real Marco

6.8
    Marco reveals to Ellie that he is gay and it becomes so obvious all along. In the long run, it was not hard to spot. Toby is way too annoying; he smothers Kendra and he thinks it is the right thing to do. I feel really sorry for Ellie but it is good that she finds out about Marco now before its too late.
  • good, but a little boring!!!

Marco and Ellie are dating and he becomes confused of his sexuality. What I didn't understand was if Marco told Ellie that he thinks he's gay than why would he did he come out in "how soon is now?" if she already thought he was and it was like a big shocker. I thought it was kind of strange he told Ellie and not any of his other friends. I didn't really like it, only because it was a tad bit boring.