Degrassi: The Next Generation

Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Part Two

Aired Daily 9:00 PM Jul 28, 2011 on Much Music

7.6

Got to say, things are really heating up at Degrassi. Never really thought I would have liked the Imogen "Imo" and Eli interactions but they were quite pleasant on tonight's episode. We got some great back-and-forths between the two and the confrontation with Clare was fantastic.

The Marisol & KC interactions have also been very entertaining. Jenna continues to be insecure -- but for good reason. Marisol DOES like KC, and KC goes back to his old ways as he did to Clare, he might do to Jenna. The only difference is KC is the father of Jenna's baby, which makes things a tad more complicated.

As predicted, Riley & Zane would break up. I wonder where they'll go from here. We got a nice Riley & Anya moment which was the only part I particularly liked. Good episode with a great ending.
  • Eli stops taking his anti-anxiety pills and becomes friends with Imogen. Riley has to choose between Zane and his parents. Marisol helps KC get a promotion at work.

"Dirt Off Your Shoulder" part 2 is a fantastic Degrassi episode. I'm still in shock with what happened in this episode. Eli decides to go off his anti-anxiety medication and Imogen helps him reduce his anxiety. I love Imogen. She's this crazy psycho girl that knows way too much about Eli and Clare. I think she actually stalked Eli. I also think she's a pathological liar. I don't know if Eli is just paranoid or if she's playing with his mind. It's crazy how Eli thinks the it was Clare's the one to blame for their breakup. Both Eli and Imogen are crazy, so having them together as friends, and possibly lovers in the future is insane. Imogen also seems to be very artistic. The Riley plot made me so sad. Riley's parents are finally talking to him and he wants to pretend to be straight just until he goes to college. It was so sad when he broke up with Zane. Jenna said that Marisol's just like her, which means Marisol is a boyfriend stealer. It seems like sparks go flying whenever KC's around Marisol. For some reason, I like KC's plot in this episode better than the last episode. I give this episode a 9.5/10.
  • perfect

Eli/Imogen: Yikes, Imogen is such a freaky character, but in a good way! The fact she knew so much about Eli and Clare, like at Vegas Night. She's a good character. I liked Eli at the end being off his meds. I can't wait to see what happens now, how he'll be without his Anti-Anxiety pills.

Riley/Zane: This was good. I liked the birthday dinner scene, with Zane dropping hints (Complicated for sure). I was pretty surprised and angered at Riley when he broke up with Zane. I hope they get back together, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Dang it Riley, you messed up a good thing.

KC/Marisol: The "lei" line, that sounded like 'laid' is like my favorite line by her. That was really unexpected and I lol-ed. KC is still annoying me pretty much for reasons I explained in part one of this episode. Good episode, as usual. Nothing really to complain about. A+