Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Any forgotten Degrassi Characters you wonder about?(New & Old)

EmmaEden

[21]Jan 1, 2012
    • level: 1
    yeah some of them just seemed to vanish...
    like kendra just faded out.
    toby graduated but it didn't really follow him the way it followed emma and manny.
    and even liberty was phased out after she tried out for that...i have no idea how to spell tt, soriority...

blue totally vanished with no explanation...i didnt particularly like him anyway...
    also, derek totally vanished too, which was a pity because his character was fun to watch.
    did danny graduate or vanish? i cant remember...

tim vanished too, but that sorta made sense i guess, there wasnt much else they could do with his storyline...but i did like him!

chester, chuck and chad all vanished too, which was weird, one second the girls were all they're super hot, and then next season they were just gone!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[22]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 26
    I assume Liea (sp?) graduated and went on..somewhere (Ballet college? ).

Hazel the same.

baller12xx

[23]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 13
    I watch "Those girls are wild" YouTube videos which features Andrea Lewis A.K.A (Hazel) and she is such an amazing person. I really wish she stayed until season 7, but it was obvious that she was getting NO plots/story-lines. She said she left the show because she was ready for bigger and better things...sad.

teenj12

[24]Jan 5, 2012
    baller12xx wrote:
    I watch "Those girls are wild" YouTube videos which features Andrea Lewis A.K.A (Hazel) and she is such an amazing person. I really wish she stayed until season 7, but it was obvious that she was getting NO plots/story-lines. She said she left the show because she was ready for bigger and better things...sad.
    LOL, I think I saw a YT video with Andrea Lewis in the past.

baller12xx

[25]Jan 5, 2012
    she is still making them, and they are very popular. considering that she has been M.I.A in the degrassi world.

SqueakyYugi

[26]Jan 21, 2012

"Big Red" from that episode where Bianca and Drew do Freshman Orientation. He's the incoming freshman who talks like an Icarly character and complains to Bianca that Facebook is blocked on the school computers. I haven't heard about him in the summaries for upcoming episodes so I'm assuming he was just one-off, but it's a shame because he was funny.

teenj12

[27]Jan 24, 2012
    SqueakyYugi wrote:

"Big Red" from that episode where Bianca and Drew do Freshman Orientation. He's the incoming freshman who talks like an Icarly character and complains to Bianca that Facebook is blocked on the school computers. I haven't heard about him in the summaries for upcoming episodes so I'm assuming he was just one-off, but it's a shame because he was funny.

No, he's gonna be a Main Character. Tristan.

Seaig

[28]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 12

I always wondered about Yick's appearance in "when doves cry" at Spike's birthday party. He had no dialogue and no obvious purpose, yet he was still written into the script....

baller12xx

[29]Jan 26, 2012

Seaig wrote:

I always wondered about Yick's appearance in "when doves cry" at Spike's birthday party. He had no dialogue and no obvious purpose, yet he was still written into the script....

who was Yicks, i forget.

Seaig

[30]Jan 27, 2012

Yick Yu. Dated Tessa before Joey.

pudgebyrd722

[31]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 51
    Kendra, more details on Terri, and Derek... although I wasn't a fan of Derek...

And Darcy for Pete's sake! She was only supposed to be in Kenya for a semester!! D:

Seaig

[32]Jan 29, 2012
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    Kendra, more details on Terri, and Derek... although I wasn't a fan of Derek...

And Darcy for Pete's sake! She was only supposed to be in Kenya for a semester!! D:

I thought Derek had a decent send-off actually. He was introduced through MAIN characters like Jimmy, Ellie, Craig, Manny, and Emma and he went out with a bang in Season 8, first by assaulting Jane and finally offering the rope to hang Holly J with.

The ONE character who was in the credits and wasn't given the decency of a solid send-off (besides Blue) is Bruce the Moose.

The subplot in "why can't this be love" was extremely Johnny/Bruce centric and was written in a way that suggested Bruce would become a main runner the following season (Season 10). Bruce and Johnny finally distanced themselves as Johnny was graduating and Bruce wasn't, yet we never got to see Bruce deal with the repercussions of losing a year. Bruce would have gone hand-in-hand with The Boiling Point, so color me very very confused about his unnecessary placement into the Degrassi Black Hole.

basenji529

[33]Feb 1, 2012
    • level: 15

Seaig wrote:

How much did Yick know TNG's adults, anyway? Joey dumped Yick in the broom closet and created the meme "broomhead". I'm pretty sure that's it.

bull705

[34]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 3

Seaig wrote:
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    Kendra, more details on Terri, and Derek... although I wasn't a fan of Derek... And Darcy for Pete's sake! She was only supposed to be in Kenya for a semester!! D:
    I thought Derek had a decent send-off actually. He was introduced through MAIN characters like Jimmy, Ellie, Craig, Manny, and Emma and he went out with a bang in Season 8, first by assaulting Jane and finally offering the rope to hang Holly J with. The ONE character who was in the credits and wasn't given the decency of a solid send-off (besides Blue) is Bruce the Moose. The subplot in "why can't this be love" was extremely Johnny/Bruce centric and was written in a way that suggested Bruce would become a main runner the following season (Season 10). Bruce and Johnny finally distanced themselves as Johnny was graduating and Bruce wasn't, yet we never got to see Bruce deal with the repercussions of losing a year. Bruce would have gone hand-in-hand with The Boiling Point, so color me very very confused about his unnecessary placement into the Degrassi Black Hole.

Derek got a blow-off,not a send off!The second he attacked Jane I knew his days were numbered.They had run out of things for him to do when not paired with Danny(apparently he can't play an instrument or he would have been in Studz),randomly paired him with brain-dead Bruce,and the rest is history...and so was he.

As for Bruce,I barely count him as an actual character.He only exists because all Degrassi bad-asses must be introduced in trios:

S3-Jay,Alex,Towerz

S7-Johnny,(loser)Lucas,brain-dead Bruce

TBP-Bianca,Fitz,Owen

WCTBL only confirmed Bruce was the dumbest character not named Mia.WOW! BIG SHOCK!I never believed he would be back the next season.I suspect he simply dropped out and probably hangs out in some gutter with Lucas complaining that Johnny never talks to them anymore because he's too busy being "college boy".

baller12xx

[35]Feb 2, 2012
    I really thought derek had potential in season 5, then his character got wasted away. and Danny's character has probably been the WORST character transformation. He tried to be the "new jimmy" ...meaning the jock who's intellectual, and it just came across as annoying.

bull705

[36]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 3

baller12xx wrote:
    I really thought derek had potential in season 5, then his character got wasted away. and Danny's character has probably been the WORST character transformation. He tried to be the "new jimmy" ...meaning the jock who's intellectual, and it just came across as annoying.

The worst thing they could have done to both Danny and Derek was separate them.Neither ever recovered.

baller12xx

[37]Feb 2, 2012
    ^ 100000000000000000% Agreed!

vgplaya89

[39]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 15
    baller12xx wrote:

I thought S8 danny had some potential, but he ended up being bland as all hell.

baller12xx

[40]Feb 6, 2012
    I thought his machurity in the end of season 7 seemed more natural. season 8 he has some good moments, but his whole "wise" attitude just didnt come off realistic.