Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Any forgotten Degrassi Characters you wonder about?(New & Old)

basenji529

[41]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 15

NorseAndDarcy wrote:

Fareeza (season one)

2, and God, I'm such a nerd that I remember Muslim Girl's name.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thec0mebackman

[43]Feb 15, 2012
    all of season one and two's characters. i wonder how they're doing?...

Seaig

[44]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 12

I know this is rather circa-Degrassi Junior High, but being one of my favorite characters to ever grace the halls of Degrassi, I often wonder about Stephanie Kaye.

She was the original main character during Seasons 1 & 2 of DJH and made one of the most notorious transformations to date.

Season 1 showed Stephanie bend the rules through engaging scenes in which she changed out of her "home" clothes and into highlyprovocativeget-ups within the Degrassi washroom. We're not just talking trading an oversized sweatshirt for a tube top or long covering skirts for ones that are barely there. Stephanie would arrive at school early, and stay late, to tease her hair into a sexy 80s form as well as applying all the coinciding make-up. This display of home-to-school transformation has never been done again to extent Stephanie took it in DJH, but I find it fittingly ironic that Stephanie single-handedly kicked off Degrassi's notorious dress code that eventually gave way to color-coded school uniforms.

Season 2 marked a dark turn for Stephanie (and was later reinvisioned through preppy Ashley donning aGothicstyle after ruining her reputation), as she gives all her sexy clothes to Alexa, whom in return wins the companionship of Simon, whichdevastatesStephanie who was crushing hard on Simon to no avail. Stephanie quickly transforms and withdraws into a saddened girl wearing long depressive layers of clothing that are completely opposite from her Semester 1 look. Stephanie and Arthur's step-sibling dynamic takes a dark turnsimultaneously, as custody notions threaten to separate Stephanie and Arthur, and ultimately brings Stephanie to her breaking point. Stephanie makes schoolabsencesa habit as she wandersprecariouslyunderneath a bridge overpass dreaming of plummeting to her death and ending her gut-wrenching heartache.

Unfortunately, we never got to see Stephanie take on Grade 9 and Borden High School, as she left the show to pursue other actingopportunities, and in-show was revealed by Arthur that his mother's lottery winnings allowed Stephanie to attend a real high school where they wear uniforms with knee socks (coincidenceanyone? I think not!)

I loved Heather and Erica's twin dynamic much more with Stephanie as their best friend, rather than Lucy in the later episodes. When I watched DJH/DH for the first time, I was so excited to see Stephanie and Lucy's inevitable mergingfriendshipoccur, but sadly that was never made possible. Even Voula became a monkey in the middle between Stephanie and Lucy, insinuating a possible truce and trio friendship between the three, but as we know, Voula didn't make it to DJH's 2nd Season and Stephanie didn't make it to the 3rd Season.

Random Thought: I Always thought Voula and Alexa were created to become eventualbest friendsbasedon their heritage, but as we know, that NEVER HAPPENED.

basenji529

[45]Mar 24, 2012

Yeah, Stephanie and Rick never showed up again after season 2. Both are in the "what the hell happened?" era. Stephanie was the main character of season 1, and they'd been pushing Rick/Caitlin a lot in those first two seasons.

Seaig

[46]Mar 29, 2012

Rick was an awesome character too. A Junior High guy who smokes cigarettes and gets beat by his father. Without Rick, Craig's entire abusive introduction would have been impossible and had no meaning, as it was Joey who helped Rick escape his abusive home as he later did with Craig. I also loved the budding friendship/relationship between Rick and Kathleen in DJH Season 2 that had potential to become Degrassi's first ever love triangle with Caitlin caught in the middle.

OhioChic

[47]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 16

Amy - "secret" part two

Tim - "total eclipse of the heart"

Oscar - "under pressure"

Trish - "beat it" part two

Blue - "beat it" part two

Bruce The Moose - "why can't this be love?" part two

Kendra - "the power of love"

Towerz - "the power of love"

Nadia - "gangsta gangsta"

Linus - "i against i"

Kim - "standing in the dark" part two

Leia - "my body is a cage" part two

Reese - "heart of glass"

Lucas - "jane says" part two

Trina - "lost in love" part one

Eric - "don't stop believin'"

Griffin - "don't stop believin'"

Carla - "free fallin'" part two

Melanie - "don't you want me" part two

Nina - "rock this town"

Dylan - "love my way"

Serena - "working for the weekend"

Fareeza - "don't believe the hype"

Chester, Chuck, and Chad - "modern love"

Dean - "ghost in the machine" part two

Chris - "modern love"

I'm going to try to remember what happened to all these characters.

:
    Angela - "voices carry" part two

I think her last appearance was actually sometime in season five, but up until they turned her into Tori she wasn't forgotten. It was mentioned Joey moved to Calgary, so one would guess she went with him, so atleast there was an explanation.

:
    Vivian - "drop the world" part two

Don't remember her... I've only seen that episode a couple of times.

:
    Larissa - "beat it" part two

Do one episode wonders even matter?

:
    Victoria - "start me up"

I would guess Fiona and Declan distance themselves from her as long as she's on drugs, but I would like to see her show up at some point.

:
    Gwyneth - "touch of grey"

Manny, Emma, and Liberty won't shown at the college much after that, so no real need to explain where she went. Probably still just taking classes at Smithdale and "forgetting to take her insulin shot" because she was just soo high.

Characters that did just disappear without mention though (graduation counting as a sendoff): Derek, Kendra, Chris, Towerz (although he never actually did speak).

By the way, I think Why Can't This Be Love counted as a send-off for Bruce. It basically just summed up that he and Johnny aren't going to be as close anymore and I assume after his only school-friend graduated he joined the drop-outs club with Craig, Ashley, Jay, and Lucas.

Becca - "touch of grey"

bull705

[48]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 3

Why would anyone care about "Brain Dead" Bruce anyway?

Lucas was as good as gone when he realized what a creep his father was.Then Mia left and there was no need for the baby-daddy with the baby-mama in Paris.

I always assumed Emma actually did kill Chris with her mind.Seriously though,Chris probably got permanent detention for being mind-numbingly stupid.I mean...insulting the teacher's stepdaughter in front of not only the teacher,but the student-teacher trying to make a good impression.If stupidity was a felony Chris might be doing life!

teenj12

[49]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 26
    Liea (My Body Is A Cage)

Charlie (Take A Bow) Fitz (Jesus, Etc)

nightwing_gaang

[50]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 9
    I really miss Darcy... I kept thinking "Oh, well, Clare is her sister so she has to come back at some point. Right? RIGHT!?!?!" and then yeah, didn't happen. She gets mentioned, sure, but that just makes me remember that she exists. But of course, her actress is doing other stuff so *shrug* Maybe she'll make a cameo at Clare's graduation or something, but she didn't even show up for the wedding ._.

I also wonder about how Riley, Sav, Anya, and Zane are doing I feel like they just completely poofed without proper closure. Why can't we follow people to college anymore? :/

teenj12

[51]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 26
    nightwing_gaang wrote:
    I really miss Darcy... I kept thinking "Oh, well, Clare is her sister so she has to come back at some point. Right? RIGHT!?!?!" and then yeah, didn't happen. She gets mentioned, sure, but that just makes me remember that she exists. But of course, her actress is doing other stuff so *shrug* Maybe she'll make a cameo at Clare's graduation or something, but she didn't even show up for the wedding ._.

I also wonder about how Riley, Sav, Anya, and Zane are doing I feel like they just completely poofed without proper closure. Why can't we follow people to college anymore? :/
    Following the characters to college just never worked. Most of the time their plots were really lackluster too. Eh and I think we needed more closure on Zane and Riley. Anya and Sav were fine. We know Anya left to join the military and Sav probably got into a good college. Plus Alli's still around so we can always get an update on him from her.

pedroman01

[52]Jul 13, 2012
    • level: 62

What about Spike???? Snake (the principal) is still married to her and he is the God Father of Conner and lives with them. They could easily do scenes at their house, like they do with other characters and yet they don't. I liked Spike. As long as they never get rid of Snake! Peter just dropped out of the Degrassi world. After being one of the longest running characters, being in five seasons, they just stopped his character after making Above The Dot.

Seaig

[53]Jul 15, 2012
    pedroman01 wrote:

What about Spike???? Snake (the principal) is still married to her and he is the God Father of Conner and lives with them. They could easily do scenes at their house, like they do with other characters and yet they don't. I liked Spike. As long as they never get rid of Snake! Peter just dropped out of the Degrassi world. After being one of the longest running characters, being in five seasons, they just stopped his character after making Above The Dot.

If you look closely at Principal Simpson's desk, they regularly show a picture of Spike throughout Season 10 and 11

ktfahel

[54]Jul 15, 2012

pedroman01 wrote:

I kinda agree about Spike, but as for Peter...good riddance.

baller12xx

[55]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 13
    i was soo sick of his character..i only liked him in season 7 and 5 because he acted normal and was a support system for darcy and he started some drama very well in season 5. he just seemed like such an air-head most of the time...i really dont know anybody who ever was a huge fan of the peter character.

pedroman01

[56]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 62

I didn't like him either, but I just found it weird they just dropped him out. And I know they show a picture but I'd be nice to have her in it even just once a season. She was a major character in the original series and even this one.

ktfahel

[57]Jul 23, 2012

baller12xx wrote:
    i was soo sick of his character..i only liked him in season 7 and 5 because he acted normal and was a support system for darcy and he started some drama very well in season 5. he just seemed like such an air-head most of the time...i really dont know anybody who ever was a huge fan of the peter character.

He made me hate the word "Whatever". He used it in just about every other sentence.

baller12xx

[58]Jul 25, 2012
    ^ Sooooooooooooo true...its like "dude, u sound so brain-dead"...

SqueakyYugi

[59]Jul 28, 2012
    baller12xx wrote:

He's a Reverse-Samson, he loses his powers when he lets his hair grow out.