Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Declan may be back sooner than you think....

-Master_K-

[1]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 37

Terra Nova premiere a flop:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/27/tv-ratings-monday-terra-nova-not-out-of-this-world-men-down-still-manly-as-cbs-ratings-stay-high/104964/

That's pretty low for a series premiere considering it's on FOX, has a very high production value and definitely had the highest expectations of any show this fall.

Hopefully it picks up! I have to admit, I didn't watch it but I may get around to checking it out!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

baller12xx

[2]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 13
    I liked the idea of the show, I just don't like how some of the show looks sooo green-screened. I mean, this is Steven Spielberg, and theirs now way the green screen and graphics should look so obvious/fake. that's the main thing that turned me off. Plus, I watch like 4 other shows that night.I would rather watch what I already watch/like then waste time with a show I'm not so crazy about.

the plot itself is interesing but (to me) im sick of majority of fox shows, i think they have all ran their course. IE: american idol, hells kitchen, Bones, and all the doctor shows.

jkxbox360

[3]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 15
    The ratings are not that bad. lol and Declan will never come back either

baller12xx

[4]Sep 27, 2011
    ^ ahaha true. once they are gone, i think the actors would be a bit embarrassed to come back after bombing on another show. (not saying Landon's show bombed, just making an example). I honestly don't know why Shane Kippel stayed on the show so long after the cast left, i felt embarrassed for him still being their.

-Master_K-

[5]Sep 27, 2011

jkxbox360 wrote:
    The ratings are not that bad. lol and Declan will never come back either

The ratings aren't good either and considering it was the series premiere.... ratings always drop the second week and if they only barely hit 9 million this week then they have to worry, considering its in the Monday night spot.

ktfahel

[6]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 16

baller12xx wrote:
    ^ ahaha true. once they are gone, i think the actors would be a bit embarrassed to come back after bombing on another show. (not saying Landon's show bombed, just making an example). I honestly don't know why Shane Kippel stayed on the show so long after the cast left, i felt embarrassed for him still being their.

Look at how long Stefan Brogren's hung around; he's been Snake since 1987!

While I'm kind of kidding there, I like the idea of one or two long-timers hanging around. I miss Spinner at the Dot. Don't you think it would be neat if he eventually became the owner, and succeeded that way? Then he could be a part of Degrassi's past and present...same as Snake.

I also agree with the "tail between the legs" feeling of someone coming back after such a [possible] huge public failing. We'll just have to see how Terra Nova goes. (Incidentally, I have no real compulsion to see it; I don't dig dinosaurs.)

jkxbox360

[7]Sep 28, 2011
    I know the ratings are not amazing, but that is about what I was personally expecting...Glee gets around the same and that is a big FOX show. House gets around 10 million as well. If it can manage to hold steady, it won't be an issue.

Either way, Declan is never coming back whether the show is canceled or not lol. Maybe for a special movie event or something in the future, but even that is unlikely.

baller12xx

[8]Sep 28, 2011
    ^ glee, didnt get big ratings either. i was watching "E! News" and they said the opening episode of this season was a lot lower then expected.

teenj12

[9]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 26
    Not to bust anyone's chops, but Declan graduated. Not coming back.

baller12xx

[10]Sep 29, 2011
    ^ true. we might see him in the audience of fiona's graduation tho...MAYBE?!

teenj12

[11]Sep 29, 2011
    It will be a long while before Fi's graduation happens since the writers split the year into two seasons now, but that's besides the point. Heather didn't show at Holly's grad (not that we saw), so the likelihood of Declan showing up at Fiona's graduation isn't very high..but idk.

Seaig

[12]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 12

Declan's flowers and card for Holly J in the hospital said it all. The purpose of "love lockdown" was to provide Declan with a decent write-off.

teenj12

[13]Sep 29, 2011
    Declan sent her stuff? Any how, its obvious him and HollyJ are going to get back together. They will be attending the same college.

-Master_K-

[14]Sep 29, 2011

Despite the name of this thread, I know Declan isn't really coming back. I was just joking, referencing Terra Nova's ratings. Even if the show were to be cancelled as soon as next week (which it won't be considering the money put behind it making it) Landon would still receive better roles than on Degrassi and he would most likely be too embarrassed to return (unless it's a few years later and it's only as a special guest).

baller12xx

[15]Sep 29, 2011
    ^ yea he's deff. not coming back

eclarefan89

[16]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 1

I mean i think there is still potential for a Declan return with Fiona still at Degrassi.. Plus i would love to know if him and Holly J got together when they both got to Yale!

SqueakyYugi

[17]Aug 4, 2012

Clearly they're done with him as a regular, but if hisdeparturewas amicable, then I don't see why he can't come back for a bit part.

vgplaya89

[18]Aug 11, 2012
    I wouldnt be surprised if they brought him back for a 2 second cameo when Fiona graduates. other than that, I don't expect him back ever.

teenj12

[19]Aug 16, 2012

If there is one thing I miss, its the Declan/Fiona sibling-ship (not the kiss, eww).

Edited on 08/16/2012 11:58am
    Edited 2 total times.