[1]Oct 12, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* have fun > dead > okie-dokie

* significant other mother, wordplay of the night

* never meet your idols...

* pot: it creates better art

* "i'm too young to be a gilf..."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vgplaya89

[2]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 15
    French Fry scene takes the title of corniest thing in Degrassi history.

also, jake/eli high off their asses = gold.

SqueakyYugi

[3]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 13

This is a nice change from the last marijuana storyline where Kelly got expelled and sent to prison, and Emma's roommate almost died. Marijuana is just 3 cigarettes' worth of carcinogens and getting goofy. Is it bad for you? Yes. But are there dozens of other things that are worse? Yes again.

This is how I hope the conversation will go when Becky's parents find out..

Becky: Please Mom and Dad, he makes me happy, and does the bible not say "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"

Dad: Ok. You have my blessing.

Becky: I...wha? Just like that

Dad: Yeah, he seems like a fine upstanding individual who'll treat you like a gentleman should. And if he makes you happy, hten I'm happy

Becky: I've got to be honest, I thought you'd be up in arms about the transgender thing

Mom: There are worse things in life; a lot of guys don't care about anything except getting under a girl's skirt on the first date, like your brother

Luke: Hey...

Edited on 10/13/2012 8:30pm

baller12xx

[4]Oct 13, 2012
    oh god, degrassi has a cheesier scene this season.....-_- havent seen the episode yet. but ill watch it on the computer or something...but yea, this show fell off...nowhere near as good as TNG....

DegrassiFan619

[5]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 10
    ^lol

There were so many cheesy scenes in this ep. (*Cough*Frenchfryscene *Cough*Mostofbecky'sscenes)

One thing that I did love about this was Adam's 'Born To Die' poster. Love Lana Del Rey

vgplaya89

[6]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 15
    Yeah i noticed the LDR poster too. that was awesome. the A plot shoulda been Jake and Eli blazing for like 15 minutes, and had Drianca and Beckdam share the other 5.

ktfahel

[7]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 16

Did anyone else find it just a little rediculous that, just a short time after witnessing the mess that was Claire and her mentor, Eli would succum to being blinded by a mentor? Are they going to have "Eli said" tweets? I'm sorry, but his over-the-top reaction was, to me, just a tad OOC (unless he's off his meds).

teenj12

[8]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 26

baller12xx wrote:
    oh god, degrassi has a cheesier scene this season.....-_- havent seen the episode yet. but ill watch it on the computer or something...but yea, this show fell off...nowhere near as good as TNG....

Meh, I think the writers purposely made it cheesy. Plus there were plenty of cheesy scenes in the first few seasons.

Anyway, my review:

Adam/Becky: Cute plot. A tad bit rushed, but it was nice to see them get together.

Eli/Jake: Can someone say worst plot ever? Jake and Eli randomly smoking pot? I mean Jake's supposed to be a treehugger according to his S12 personality and just like Emma, he's getting high off marijuana? Must Degrassi do this to all nature lovers on the show? -___________-

Drew/Bianca: UGHHHH boring. I am so tired of watching the Drianca show. Seriously Degrassi, just put them on the back burner for the rest of the season. Overall, I felt this was a mediocre start to the fall season and hopefully things get better as the weeks progress.

Edited on 10/18/2012 10:15am

SqueakyYugi

[9]Oct 23, 2012

I'm glad that the media has finally shaken off its drug-phobia, actually exploring what happens with drugs instead of giving the blanket statement of "drugs are bad period" and scaring kids with the fear of the unknown.

It was refreshing to have Eli and Jake smoking pot without some tragedy or calamity coming out of it, I mean for serious, the last time they did an episode about pot, it was a freaky cult, and the time before that, someone almost died!