Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

episode discussion: Building a Mystery, Part Two

83optics

[1]Oct 19, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* careful where you stick that Thermometer...

* pot: i guess it doesn't create better art.

* 'til the world explodes? i thought Eli was the emo, not Drew.

* i love you, i want to get married, you choose when: either the Spring Break Special or the Summer Special.

* "i felt that short. what do you call it?"

"Eclare."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brag0031

[2]Oct 20, 2012
    • level: 2

[QUOTE="83optics"]

learned:

* i love you, i want to get married, you choose when: either the Spring Break Special or the Summer Special.

Lol, totally saw that coming too.

Mo seemed a little too obsessed with showgirls in the opening scene.

I just can't get behind the musical stylings of Whisperhug. Downtown Sasquatch and Studz were way better bands.

ktfahel

[3]Oct 20, 2012
    • level: 16

Welcome back, Eli. THAT was the Eli I remember.

WTG, Audra. Drive Bianca right to the altar, why don't you? (A little character inconsistency: why would Audra invest so much in Bianca - education, legal counsel, etc. - if she thought she was a lost cause?)

As a Christian parent, I was blindsided by the overly-stereotypical reaction of Becky's parents. Being all "I just want you to be happy" one second, then ambushing Adam with Therapy Camp the next is akin to lying to their daughter. Yes, the Bible has a problem with homosexuality; however, transgenderism is a grey area. There has been scientific proof that some forms of transgenderism is medical ("My Story" by Caroline Cossey has the best explanation of that). My husband and I have a MTF friend. We met her pre-op, and (figuratively) held her hand through the entire procedure. How would I feel if one of my daughters brought home a FTM boyfriend? I really can't say, but I sure would be a lot more honest (the whole "do you want children?" bit did resonate a little; I loved Becky's adoption answer). Sorry for the rant.

brag0031

[4]Oct 20, 2012
    I think that was just a bad choice of words on Audra's part. She obviously likes Bianca, but she's always going to put her own children first.

teenj12

[5]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 26
    Becky/Adam: Becky's parents are annoying. if Adam gets a sex change, he could still give Becky children right? I found the scene where Becky saw Ada,'s tampons to be powerful. That was most likely the breaking point for her. Now she's really thinking in her head about her sexuality and whether being with Adam is turning her gay or whatever.

Bianca/Drew: Bianca took what Audra said the complete wrong way. This whole wedding thing is going to be annoying. How about giving Bianca a powerful last storyline/episode (like Hollaback Girl) before she leaves, instead some stupid high school wedding. She can do so much better.

Eli: I never thought there could ever be a dull Eli plot, but if this episode is proof enough is that anything's possible. I also thought it was dickish of that guy not to give him a recommendation letter.

SqueakyYugi

[6]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 13

Was I the only one who didn't know that Adam still got periods? I neverthoughtabout it really, but I just assumed that he'd been taking testosterone or something to effectively "sterilize." I too was surprised by Becky's parents, thought they'd be happy that oneof their kids wasn't going to lose their virginity before graduation. I'm wondering if that was originally going to happen, but then the Chick-A-Fil-A incident made the time ripe for another sexuality-based episode.

If you hasn't guessed, I tuned out the other 2 plotsofthe episode.

brag0031

[7]Oct 26, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    Becky/Adam: Becky's parents are annoying. if Adam gets a sex change, he could still give Becky children right? I found the scene where Becky saw Ada,'s tampons to be powerful. That was most likely the breaking point for her. Now she's really thinking in her head about her sexuality and whether being with Adam is turning her gay or whatever. Bianca/Drew: Bianca took what Audra said the complete wrong way. This whole wedding thing is going to be annoying. How about giving Bianca a powerful last storyline/episode (like Hollaback Girl) before she leaves, instead some stupid high school wedding. She can do so much better. Eli: I never thought there could ever be a dull Eli plot, but if this episode is proof enough is that anything's possible. I also thought it was dickish of that guy not to give him a recommendation letter.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's possible for Adam tofather a child,or for a male-to-female transgender to become pregnant for that matter.

teenj12

[8]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 26
    brag0031 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    Becky/Adam: Becky's parents are annoying. if Adam gets a sex change, he could still give Becky children right? I found the scene where Becky saw Ada,'s tampons to be powerful. That was most likely the breaking point for her. Now she's really thinking in her head about her sexuality and whether being with Adam is turning her gay or whatever. Bianca/Drew: Bianca took what Audra said the complete wrong way. This whole wedding thing is going to be annoying. How about giving Bianca a powerful last storyline/episode (like Hollaback Girl) before she leaves, instead some stupid high school wedding. She can do so much better. Eli: I never thought there could ever be a dull Eli plot, but if this episode is proof enough is that anything's possible. I also thought it was dickish of that guy not to give him a recommendation letter.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's possible for Adam tofather a child,or for a male-to-female transgender to become pregnant for that matter.

Oh :/ . I mean, I thought if he got the sex change operation, he would be able to father a kid :/ .

brag0031

[9]Oct 27, 2012
    Even with the operation, I don't believe it's possible.