83optics

[1]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 6

part one learned:

* it's Degrassi: Upstairs Downstairs

* "how's your mom doing?"

"i fear she fell into a Black Hole."

* granola break > smoke break

* "i know children in Africa are starving, but we're talking about four months here..."

* it's just acting, baby.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jkxbox360

[2]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 15
    #DEGRASSI - Season 12 Podcasts!

COME AS YOU ARE (1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtpkWdIqy8A

COME AS YOU ARE (2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VXZ1B7TiP0

WALKING ON BROKEN GLASS (1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-MkJUccWO8

WALKING ON BROKEN GLASS (2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkDiCpV5n9w

GOT YOUR MONEY (1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA2OagK2_Eo

If you guys could view & comment that would be awesome! thanks

83optics

[3]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 6

part two learned:

* "i knew i should've dine 'n' dashed at a place where nobody knew who i was."

* did you see how fast dude bailed on Zig after finding out? experience, i'm guessing.

* rock star > klepto

* "so let me get this straight...so to speak."

* twenty minutes is plenty enough time, it's been done in five before.

ktfahel

[4]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 16

Tristan calling David's acting stereotypical...

Pot...meet kettle.

baller12xx

[5]Jul 26, 2012
    • level: 13
    ^ somewhat true. but even though he is more of a feminine gay man, he could be more girly. I liked marco cause he wasnt so stereotypical...even though all the character fromTNG always thought that marco was too girly.

ktfahel

[6]Jul 27, 2012

I agree re: Marco. As a matter of fact, I was shocked when I first "met" Marco: he reminded me so much of a dear friend of mine when I was in high school. He was gay, although precious few people knew this. Even looked a bit like him.

SqueakyYugi

[7]Jul 27, 2012

I admit, I despised Zig before this episode,becausehe was so freakin' boring. But looks like I was wrong, he does have a lot of depth. I'm also a big fan of the band, in the past all the bands were made up of kids who hung out together all the time anyways, and this one's a ragtag bunch of dark horse characters.

Edited on 07/27/2012 5:06pm

ktfahel

[8]Jul 28, 2012

You've also gotta love a high school band that includes water glasses and cello! They should re-think the name, tho. That name sounds like something Sav & Anya would come up with in season 7.

bull705

[9]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 3

Maya's cello's fine but Imogen and the stupid water glasses on turntables have got to go!

baller12xx

[10]Jul 31, 2012
    ^ lol seriously, i dont like her character this season, idk she juss seems so weird this season...(to me) she always had you on your toes, and she was corcky. but in S12 she just seems weird with her whole water glass thing, and bad 1 liners.

teenj12

[11]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 26
    My review:

Zig/Whisper Hug (A-Plot): I'm really starting to like Zig now. I feel bad that he's really poor . You can see how much he hates it, and he even states so at the end of Part 2. I did find it super funny when he Dined and Dashed xD. Marisol was like "Kid, hey kid, KID." . I felt bad for her too though Lmao.

Whisper Hug is a really cool band name. At first I thought it was a little weird, but hey "Downtown Sasquatch" is such a weirder name . I don't care what most of you say, but Imogen is totally AWESOME on those glasses! That's so original and creative. Which are two things that describe Imo perfectly .

Fiona/Imogen (B-Plot): I liked their plot. Good relationship development there. LOL at Fiona and Dallas. Those two are a mess together ! Dallas continues to be a really funny character, despite how much of a douche he is as well.

Dave/Alli/Romeo And Jules (C-Plot): They really should have waited to do it or not do it at all. Especially at the crucial stage they are at. Almost seniors, graduation soon, college etc. Alli is at fault too. You have to wait a few days after being on the pill before you "do it". I am continuing to like the play. I think the storyline centering around this play is much better than Love Roulette, which centered around Eli/Clare/Jake/Imogen. Eli is becoming a really good person. A much better character than his rage in the previous seasons. I find his budding friendship with Dave to be pretty awesome as well as his mentoring of Tristan.

Overall, a really solid two-parter.

bull705

[12]Aug 1, 2012
    baller12xx wrote:
    ^ lol seriously, i dont like her character this season, idk she juss seems so weird this season...(to me) she always had you on your toes, and she was corcky. but in S12 she just seems weird with her whole water glass thing, and bad 1 liners.

I haven't liked her since she showed up on this show.I hate they had to saddle Fiona with her as a love interest because no other girls in the cast were available.The character is so far off center she appears to be shoehorned into every plotline she's been in since Now or Never.Give me a reason to care about her.Heck,right now I care more about Becky than her and she's borderline homophobic!

bull705

[13]Aug 1, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    My review: Zig/Whisper Hug (A-Plot): I'm really starting to like Zig now. I feel bad that he's really poor . You can see how much he hates it, and he even states so at the end of Part 2. I did find it super funny when he Dined and Dashed xD. Marisol was like "Kid, hey kid, KID." . I felt bad for her too though Lmao. Whisper Hug is a really cool band name. At first I thought it was a little weird, but hey "Downtown Sasquatch" is such a weirder name . I don't care what most of you say, but Imogen is totally AWESOME on those glasses! That's so original and creative. Which are two things that describe Imo perfectly . Fiona/Imogen (B-Plot): I liked their plot. Good relationship development there. LOL at Fiona and Dallas. Those two are a mess together ! Dallas continues to be a really funny character, despite how much of a douche he is as well. Dave/Alli/Romeo And Jules (C-Plot): They really should have waited to do it or not do it at all. Especially at the crucial stage they are at. Almost seniors, graduation soon, college etc. Alli is at fault too. You have to wait a few days after being on the pill before you "do it". I am continuing to like the play. I think the storyline centering around this play is much better than Love Roulette, which centered around Eli/Clare/Jake/Imogen. Eli is becoming a really good person. A much better character than his rage in the previous seasons. I find his budding friendship with Dave to be pretty awesome as well as his mentoring of Tristan. Overall, a really solid two-parter.

You know what else describes Imogen?WACK JOB!She says rude things to people like Zig for no reason?Butts into other people's conversations(Adam & Dave),complains Fiona's moving too fast when she practically threw herself at Eli when he clearly wasn't well(Why the hell does noone call her on that?).Then they try to make us feel sorry for her by having the other seniors shut her out?This isn't Ash under the influence of Extasy,or Spinner inadvertently getting Jimmy shot.Both of these were mistakes.Imo knew exactly what she was doing.She deserves much worse.

UnovaChampion

[14]Aug 2, 2012
    I see your a huge Imogen fan Bull. You'll be delighted to know she has an A plot next week.

teenj12

[15]Aug 3, 2012
    bull705 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    My review: Zig/Whisper Hug (A-Plot): I'm really starting to like Zig now. I feel bad that he's really poor . You can see how much he hates it, and he even states so at the end of Part 2. I did find it super funny when he Dined and Dashed xD. Marisol was like "Kid, hey kid, KID." . I felt bad for her too though Lmao. Whisper Hug is a really cool band name. At first I thought it was a little weird, but hey "Downtown Sasquatch" is such a weirder name . I don't care what most of you say, but Imogen is totally AWESOME on those glasses! That's so original and creative. Which are two things that describe Imo perfectly . Fiona/Imogen (B-Plot): I liked their plot. Good relationship development there. LOL at Fiona and Dallas. Those two are a mess together ! Dallas continues to be a really funny character, despite how much of a douche he is as well. Dave/Alli/Romeo And Jules (C-Plot): They really should have waited to do it or not do it at all. Especially at the crucial stage they are at. Almost seniors, graduation soon, college etc. Alli is at fault too. You have to wait a few days after being on the pill before you "do it". I am continuing to like the play. I think the storyline centering around this play is much better than Love Roulette, which centered around Eli/Clare/Jake/Imogen. Eli is becoming a really good person. A much better character than his rage in the previous seasons. I find his budding friendship with Dave to be pretty awesome as well as his mentoring of Tristan. Overall, a really solid two-parter.

You know what else describes Imogen?WACK JOB!She says rude things to people like Zig for no reason?Butts into other people's conversations(Adam & Dave),complains Fiona's moving too fast when she practically threw herself at Eli when he clearly wasn't well(Why the hell does noone call her on that?).Then they try to make us feel sorry for her by having the other seniors shut her out?This isn't Ash under the influence of Extasy,or Spinner inadvertently getting Jimmy shot.Both of these were mistakes.Imo knew exactly what she was doing.She deserves much worse.

Trust me, I know exactly what Imogen did and she WAS wrong for that whole thing with Eli. But she's a better person now. She clearly changed over the summer before S11.5 and to be honest I kinda miss that crazy side of her. She's more quirky-crazy now.

bull705

[16]Aug 4, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    I see your a huge Imogen fan Bull. You'll be delighted to know she has an A plot next week.

I know.Saw the promos.Not looking forward to it unless the plot actually explains why she is like she is.

bull705

[17]Aug 4, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    bull705 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:

Trust me, I know exactly what Imogen did and she WAS wrong for that whole thing with Eli. But she's a better person now. She clearly changed over the summer before S11.5 and to be honest I kinda miss that crazy side of her. She's more quirky-crazy now.

I've seen no proof of this.She never apologized for her part in Eli's problems yet gave Eli grief when he apologized to her(which he shouldn't have done anyway).All the quirkiness does is cover up the fact that she's not a nice person(like Mia's daughter covering the fact that she's a selfish twit!) and the clock is ticking on how long before she hurts Fiona in some way.

teenj12

[18]Aug 20, 2012
    bull705 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    bull705 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:

I've seen no proof of this.She never apologized for her part in Eli's problems yet gave Eli grief when he apologized to her(which he shouldn't have done anyway).All the quirkiness does is cover up the fact that she's not a nice person(like Mia's daughter covering the fact that she's a selfish twit!) and the clock is ticking on how long before she hurts Fiona in some way.

You know what, you do have a good point here. She did have a role in making Eli insane during Now Or Never (Forced him to stop taking his pills), but I still think she has gotten to be a much better person. I do think she should have apologized for everything she did, but what's done is done.

teenj12

[19]Aug 20, 2012
    bull705 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    bull705 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:

You know what, you do have a good point here. She did have a role in making Eli insane during Now Or Never (Forced him to stop taking his pills), but I still think she has gotten to be a much better person. I do think she should have apologized for everything she did, but what's done is done.