Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

episode discussion: Karma Police, Part One

83optics

[1]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 6

learned:

* seminal Radiohead album

* and BOOM goes the Rocket Ship!

* I'm trying to think back to my favorite subjects in school...I'm sure they correlate to which teachers were the hottest...

* truth delay, that's like a sin of omission, right? sorry, got the new Pope on the brain

* twitter: maybe not the best invention after all...

* "Don't ever leave me."...famous last words...

Edited on 03/22/2013 6:33pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SqueakyYugi

[2]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 13

I've always had a bad habit of yelling at the Degrassi characters, but this episode was probably the most I've done. Here were some things I yelled at:

Zig's friend getting the same detention as Zig even though he was CLEARLY trying to stop Zig. Bad acting is a crime yes, but it still seems overly harsh

When the French teach said that the band had cancelled I was like "Oh no! Now where will we get a singular member of a crappy generic pop band???"

Zig'sfriend:"You'll be a hero... Napoleon."
    Me: "Dude, you really need to go to class"

Dallas you have WAY too many things plugged into that outlet, you are going to start a fire and die, and under "cause of death" they're going to write "stupidity."

Fiona: I tweeted I was going to be at work, could that be how they knew?
    Cop: There's no way of knowing for sure
    Me: YES THERE IS! Did you give them your address?

The episode summary for next week says that Fiona "goes to extreme measures" to protect herself. I agree, curing her own stupidity would be pretty extreme.

They can't leave Fiona alone for a second, can they? Every time she's in that apartment by herself, she becomes an alcoholic, a shut-in, a co-dependent afflicted, an internet addict, or gets robbed. It's gotten to the point where, unless she handcuffs herself to Imogen, I don't know how she'll survive till the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong though, this was still a really good episode - Zig facing his inner demons was a long time coming, since he blames himself for causing Cam to kill himself. And I am interested to see what Fiona does next, and how she'll get called out for her poor decision making.

Edited on 03/16/2013 4:01pm
    Edited 3 total times.

teenj12

[3]Mar 22, 2013
    • level: 26
    SqueakyYugi wrote:

I've always had a bad habit of yelling at the Degrassi characters, but this episode was probably the most I've done. Here were some things I yelled at:

Zig's friend getting the same detention as Zig even though he was CLEARLY trying to stop Zig. Bad acting is a crime yes, but it still seems overly harsh

When the French teach said that the band had cancelled I was like "Oh no! Now where will we get a singular member of a crappy generic pop band???"

Zig'sfriend:"You'll be a hero... Napoleon."
    Me: "Dude, you really need to go to class"

Dallas you have WAY too many things plugged into that outlet, you are going to start a fire and die, and under "cause of death" they're going to write "stupidity."

Fiona: I tweeted I was going to be at work, could that be how they knew?
    Cop: There's no way of knowing for sure
    Me: YES THERE IS! Did you give them your address?

The episode summary for next week says that Fiona "goes to extreme measures" to protect herself. I agree, curing her own stupidity would be pretty extreme.

They can't leave Fiona alone for a second, can they? Every time she's in that apartment by herself, she becomes an alcoholic, a shut-in, a co-dependent afflicted, an internet addict, or gets robbed. It's gotten to the point where, unless she handcuffs herself to Imogen, I don't know how she'll survive till the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong though, this was still a really good episode - Zig facing his inner demons was a long time coming, since he blames himself for causing Cam to kill himself. And I am interested to see what Fiona does next, and how she'll get called out for her poor decision making.

OMG Best review in a long time. I was rolling XD.

Anyway, my own review:

Fiona:
    -Drew could have been more considerate about telling her he was moving. He was a huge jerkass about it.
    -Why would Fiona put that GPS stuff on Twitter? Airhead much.
    -Felt bad when Fiona got grabbed up :/.

Dallas:
    -Pretty clear he had a son from seeing the promos. Still surprised through. Interesting route to take for the writers. Kind of like a reverse-Mia situation. Zig:
    -Glad the French teacher made the point that Zig wasn't responsible for Cam's death.
    -Felt bad when Tori started crying :/ .