Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

episode discussion: Ray of Light, Part One

83optics

[1]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 6

learned:

* Cam already off the intro credits, now it's really real.

* I know that was supposed to be scary blood, but I kept seeing tomato sauce...

* Mo is pimp enough to use his own name as he insults.

* space suits are cool, "affirmative" not so much.

* Katie, forget Stanford, sign up for WWE wrestling school.

* new babe's secret paint concert > remembering

Edited on 03/02/2013 8:26am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SqueakyYugi

[2]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 13

When Jenna kissed Connor I yelled out "NO!!!" because I knew that he would get all clingy after that. Seems a .little bit rapey, how Jenna was basically saying "He kept on asking, I had to give in." Though, people with aspergers get on wellwith"maternal" girls, and Jenna fits the bill quite good. Luke is probably going to be a dick and try to break them up, but hopefully they'll survive past that.

vampman87

[3]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 4

-Jenna and Connor... yeah, that's a train wreck waiting to happen. But Jenna spent a good portion of her run (like 4 seasons) with a douche of a baby-daddy, then fell for a religious hypocrite, and Connor's only love interest was a 40-something female child molester, (Claire doesn't count because she went after KC in the very next episode after she said yes to Connor) so really those two probably deserve each other. They're my LEAST favorite characters in the HISTORY of 2000s Degrassi (And I hated Drew, KC, Toby, Paige, and Wesley as well, but not as much as these morons) so I hope ether Connor will take things too far and try to rape Jenna, causing him to be arrested and booted off the show permanently like his buddies, or they actually do get together and live happily ever after... AWAY from the main storylines.

-Wow, I thought Katie was jaded before after Drew slept with her and dumped her, but THIS time she's NASTY. Almost like Drew was during the street gang/MMA story arc. I just wish Katie could find a rock like Drew did, who, ironically, was Katie.

- Eli's dream could've been a lot more terrifying if not for the plastic-looking blood. Seriously, some red-food dye and water would've had a lot better effect. I like how Eli's struggling to cope with seeing Cam's dead body, but AGAIN I cite that Cam's death itself was handled poorly. Did he hang himself? Slit his wrists? Shoot himself? Whatever he did, apparently there was a lot of blood, otherwise Eli wouldn't have the reaction to the red paint like he did. I respect the decision to not show Cam's body to the audience, but at least GIVE US A HINT as to what he did, other than "he killed himself."

brag0031

[4]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 2

vampman87 wrote:

-- Eli's dream could've been a lot more terrifying if not for the plastic-looking blood. Seriously, some red-food dye and water would've had a lot better effect. I like how Eli's struggling to cope with seeing Cam's dead body, but AGAIN I cite that Cam's death itself was handled poorly. Did he hang himself? Slit his wrists? Shoot himself? Whatever he did, apparently there was a lot of blood, otherwise Eli wouldn't have the reaction to the red paint like he did. I respect the decision to not show Cam's body to the audience, but at least GIVE US A HINT as to what he did, other than "he killed himself."

Agree with you on the blood. That scene was so cheesy it nearly ruined the episode for me.

"Let's go!"

"Into the darkness?"

"Grab onto my waist."

LMFAO