Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Family Between Seasons

episode discussion: Ray of Light, Part Two

83optics

[1]Mar 8, 2013
    • level: 6

learned:

* food leftovers will start to become stale, drug leftovers maintain their kick.

* sugary drinks, Principal Simpson is reading Mayor Bloomberg's playbook.

* Katie, be patient, don't deBoard the Board of Education's boards just yet.

* y'know, I'm sure most of the girls didn't mind having naked Eli in their shower.

* I'm tellin' ya, Claude's suicide will haunt you forever...

* let's see if Paint Girl becomes a recurring character or if this was just a one-off.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vampman87

[2]Mar 9, 2013
    • level: 4
    Personally I think this was a enjoyable episode, but I REALLY don't like the whole Jenna/Connor relationship. I lked the fact that Connor punched Luke after he groped Jenna. Luke, so far, has been the LEAST likable of the "bad guys" of this generation. Even Dallas has SOME good qualities, like valuing his teammates and genuine affection for Allie Luke just seems like a worse version of Early Declan. Heck, he even sorta physically looks like Declan.

Nice to see Snake has something in common with one of his students. Though I'm willing to bet the Naked Hug with a stoned El might get Snake into hot water again... some people might see it the wrong way out of context...

Eli's naked run through the school hallway... one of the few genuinely funny moments of Modern Degrassi. So Eli and Jenna are broken up... again... yeah, 10 bucks says they'll be back together by the Summer Telenovella half of season 13.

More Paint Girl! Every main character needs an evil tempter. She's Eli's.

ktfahel

[3]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 16

vampman87 wrote:
    So Eli and Jenna are broken up... again... yeah, 10 bucks says they'll be back together by the Summer Telenovella half of season 13.

Um, I think you mean Eli & Claire...

SqueakyYugi

[4]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 13

I assume that Luke and Becky are going to keep on trying to break up Jenna and Connor. I bet Becky will say something like "If God wanted Connor to mate, He wouldn't have made him so awkward around girls"

ktfahel

[5]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 16

Bullfrog cry = me cry.

I dunno...I kinda like Jenna & Connor.

Simpson's face when he told Eli about Claude...he looked so haunted...well done.

Overall, excellent set of eps.

teenj12

[6]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 26
    This was a good episode. Simpson telling Eli about Claude was long awaited. The scene was done very well. Then the Eli/Bullfrog crying scene was so heartwarming. Very touching. Eli kind of did Clare cold at the end of the episode. Didn't expect that. I wonder where Jenna/Connor will go. Its an admittedly weird couple.

SqueakyYugi

[7]Mar 11, 2013

teenj12 wrote:
    This was a good episode. Simpson telling Eli about Claude was long awaited. The scene was done very well. Then the Eli/Bullfrog crying scene was so heartwarming. Very touching. Eli kind of did Clare cold at the end of the episode. Didn't expect that. I wonder where Jenna/Connor will go. Its an admittedly weird couple.
    I can actually see it working out real nicely, Jenna's maternal instincts will be good for Connor. Have we heard about what Jenna wants to do after graduation? If not, 50 bucks says she becomes a nurse.

Edited on 03/11/2013 6:51pm

teenj12

[8]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 26
    SqueakyYugi wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    I can actually see it working out real nicely, Jenna's maternal instincts will be good for Connor. Have we heard about what Jenna wants to do after graduation? If not, 50 bucks says she becomes a nurse.

But what if their relationship takes a turn for the worse and he starts abusingstalking her? I can see that too.

SqueakyYugi

[9]Mar 14, 2013

Could go either way. Jenna was being very forward on their first date, and if she backs down now, it would be very confusing to a guy, Aspergers or no.

Do you know Asimov's three laws of robotics? They're a pretty good description of how Connor sees the world, with "Jenna" in place of "a human being." The problem of course arises in the fact that there are times where a robot can inflict small harm to prevent big harm, and then it becomes a judgement call about where the robot should draw the line.

Like for example, how Rick was forcing Terri to eat salads.

vampman87

[10]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 4
    [QUOTE="SqueakyYugi"

Like for example, how Rick was forcing Terri to eat salads.

[/QUOTE]

Rick was the best written storyline when it came to abusive relationships. Conner is bigger than Rick, but I never saw the inner Rage that Rick had inside Connor.