Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

episode discussion: Rusty Cage, Parts One and Two

83optics

[1]Aug 6, 2012
    • level: 6

part one learned:

* yeah! i'm in the zone! got Britney Spears blaring through my headphones.

* smile slowly fades after the junkie loser comment...

* dairy overdose > drug overdose

* "you want me to paint a large dividing white line like they do on sitcoms?"

* "omg those crack memories are making me so hot for you right now."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnovaChampion

[2]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 17
    Campbell's a pretty fascinating character. The milk was a clever way to get out of practice. He sure is willing to go to extremes to avoid the pressure. Wonder if he'll break a leg or an arm in part 2. Also gotta love a good round of Karaoke with 5 niners.

I can relate to KC in that the alcohol was unacceptable. Kevin may be putting on a good act but he seems pretty sleazy, and trying to persuade his son into underage drinking isn't exactly good old fashioned parenting. KC's mom is an idiot to fall for this guy again.

Finally Drew and Fiona, a little ticked we've gotten no reaction or acknowledgement about Drew's new living arrangements from any of his family, Mama Torres in particular. And while Drew's job might not be anything special, Fiona is being so irritating. She lies around snuggling with Imogen, without a job and without bothering to take care of her own messes, and then Drew does more than his fair share and she still whines like a stuck up brat.

83optics

[3]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 6

part two learned:

* oh, that's what foam fingers are for.

* "come on, let's clean up together in memory of Billy Mays."

* ESPN is just gonna make the depression worse.

* "you're being intense...this school really is an intense place all the time, huh?"

* wow, four babes all at once. i know it's just a group hug, but still...

teenj12

[4]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 26
    Campbell (A-Plot): I felt sad for him. He seems so sad all the time. He's willing to self harm himself just to get out out of Hockey Practice. That Jump scene was probably one of the most intense and groundbreaking scenes in Degrassi history. He could have done way more damage to himself than just a broken arm. I can't believe he really jumped. I half expected Maya to come and stop him.

I absolutely adored the Niners and Cam's karaoke night. It was awesome . Especially the Maya-Campbell singing. They sounded great together! I can't believe those stupid hockey jocks made Cam train that hard... to the point where his hand was cut open. KC (B-Plot): I felt bad that KC had to be so strong for him and his mother. His dad is a total deadbeat. I feel bad that KC had to leave for protection. I was enjoying him, Connor, and Bianca as a friendship trio. I found it sweet when Alli, Clare, Connor, Jenna, and Bianca said goodbye to him and they had a group hug. That was really nice . I don't think this will be the last we see of him however.

Fiona/Drew/Imogen (C-Plot): Fiona was kinda acting bratty in these episodes. Drew is a really good roommate. I like the dynamic between the two. Their friendship is much better than their potential relationship in "Umbrella" . They have more chemistry as the latter. I think Imogen either has something to hide at home or just isn't that into the whole lesbian thing as much as Fiona wants her to be. Either way, this obviously leads into the upcoming Imogen episode.

ktfahel

[5]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 16

teenj12 wrote:
    Campbell (A-Plot): I felt sad for him. He seems so sad all the time. He's willing to self harm himself just to get out out of Hockey Practice. That Jump scene was probably one of the most intense and groundbreaking scenes in Degrassi history. He could have done way more damage to himself than just a broken arm. I can't believe he really jumped. I half expected Maya to come and stop him. I absolutely adored the Niners and Cam's karaoke night. It was awesome . Especially the Maya-Campbell singing. They sounded great together! I can't believe those stupid hockey jocks made Cam train that hard... to the point where his hand was cut open. KC (B-Plot): I felt bad that KC had to be so strong for him and his mother. His dad is a total deadbeat. I feel bad that KC had to leave for protection. I was enjoying him, Connor, and Bianca as a friendship trio. I found it sweet when Alli, Clare, Connor, Jenna, and Bianca said goodbye to him and they had a group hug. That was really nice . I don't think this will be the last we see of him however. Fiona/Drew/Imogen (C-Plot): Fiona was kinda acting bratty in these episodes. Drew is a really good roommate. I like the dynamic between the two. Their friendship is much better than their potential relationship in "Umbrella" . They have more chemistry as the latter. I think Imogen either has something to hide at home or just isn't that into the whole lesbian thing as much as Fiona wants her to be. Either way, this obviously leads into the upcoming Imogen episode.

A-plot: I'm a grown-up, and when I saw he was actually going to *gasp* fall, I turned my head. I couldn't watch it! I also thought that either Maya or Dallas would come by at the last minute to stop him. (Incidentally, he didn't cut his hand in practice; he cut it when he threw his skate.)

B-plot: KC had a better transition from punk kid to responsible young man than how they transitioned Holly J. I almost cried at the end group hug. My mind flashed to the first time KC, Claire, Alli & Connor got together. I'm such a sap.

C-plot: Never liked Imogen, and Fiona annoys me more and more. (I'd be willing to bet that she's more "just visiting" and doesn't want her dad to know.)

UnovaChampion

[6]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 17
    So Cam jumped like I expected, no one else thought it would happen. Looks like no more Cam until the 2nd half of the season, but I'm glad that he's still a mess of anxiety. Most compelling and promising niner so far. I just hope they don't give him too many plots too fast and burn him out like....

KC. Aw man definitely my favorite of the season 8 niner group. I was surprised by him leaving the show, that came right out of left field. I guess I wish this was the A plot but either way the plot was still nice since KC finally confronted and faced his biggest challenge. His father. I'm glad he's doing what's best for both him and his mother. Now Connor will be lonely-ish again though. Speaking of which, KC departs, Alli is on her way out the door and yet Connor hardly has any material lately and manages to stick around. I think they're saving up for something big with him in his senior year. I hope he at least gets a C plot in the 2nd half of season 12 though.

And last and pretty much least, Fiona and Drew. I'll only say this, could've been a lot worse. And I read ahead on the descriptions for next week, Audra and spending sprees will come into play so this plot will start having negative outcomes for Drew.

All for now, see you next time on Never Ever.

SqueakyYugi

[7]Aug 8, 2012
    • level: 13

Has Wes just disappeared into a black hole? At least Toby kept existing even after he lost his spot on the main credits.

NaughtyHottie

[8]Aug 9, 2012
    • level: 12
    honestly, i forgot that Wes was even on the show!!

SqueakyYugi

[9]Aug 12, 2012

I suppose it won't be long before Connor gets written out next, it doesn't look like he'll be doing much this season apart from commenting on other people's problems.

ktfahel

[10]Aug 12, 2012

SqueakyYugi wrote:

Has Wes just disappeared into a black hole? At least Toby kept existing even after he lost his spot on the main credits.

I was going to say "good riddance" because Wes was not much more than a characature, but then I remembered a boy in my school who was also a characature: Urkel pants (almost 10 years before Urkel existed), slicked hair, taped glasses, speedy walk...I guess Wes DID have a place.

vgplaya89

[11]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 15
    SqueakyYugi wrote:

They basically fired Wes's actor from the show after Season 11 part 1. they said they had nothing left for him apparently.

Spencer Van Wyck is DJing now.

SqueakyYugi

[12]Aug 14, 2012

I'll just pretend he transferred to private school. That's been their go-to explanation every other time someone spontaneously disappeared from Degrassi.

ktfahel

[13]Aug 15, 2012

SqueakyYugi wrote:

I'll just pretend he transferred to private school. That's been their go-to explanation every other time someone spontaneously disappeared from Degrassi.

Don't you mean "Kenya"?

SqueakyYugi

[14]Aug 23, 2012

I was thinking about Terri in S4, and Voula and Stephanie from the original Degrassi

ktfahel

[15]Aug 24, 2012

Ah, yes.