TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

episode discussion: Waterfalls, Parts One and Two

83optics

[1]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 6

part one learned:

* "i'm allergic to newsies."

* actually, a crowded restaurant is the perfect place to make a scene: built-in audience.

* "Clare, are you neurotic?"

"well, i do date Eli, so..."

* i hate hockey, i hate my life here, i might even hate myself.

* that two-hour deadline reminds me of me trying to get my tv.com posts in on time.

* split infinitive > split *you know*

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ktfahel

[2]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 16

I love reading your recaps before seeing the episode because, while I read them, I'm like, "Say WHAT?" but after I see it I'm "Oh, OK; I get it now!"

83optics

[3]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 6

part two learned:

* "well, i suppose i can use all of these extra newspapers for cat litter."

* Eli's sweet, but he can be murderous.

* puck bunny > groupie

* ear kisses

* "Mom, you don't look like Angelina Jolie, you look like a cat lady..."

eclarefan89

[4]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 1

I loved the story line that Clare had in these episodes and it has shown how strong her character can be. I mean I am very curious to see where he character goes in the next few episodes after what Asher has done and she has lost her co-op postion.

I also want to know if she will tell Eli what happened with Asher because he is so proud of her and she does not want to let him down.

teenj12

[5]Aug 3, 2012
    • level: 26

Clare (A-Plot): I felt so bad for Clare . When she ran out the office, you could see the confusion and hurt on her face. The when he touched her in the car and she scrambled her way out finally as he drove off, that was painful to watch. You could tell Clare didn't know what to do. She was just standing there on that car. I couldn't believe that lady wouldn't believe Clare. As a woman she should have understood. Girls just don't make this stuff up, especially when they get intern jobs at a real office. She's not dumb enough to throw that all away because of "her infatuation" (rolls eyes). Overall, really powerful acting by Aislinn Paul.

KC (B-Plot): Really nice storyline with KC trying to hook up his mom . Obviously a lead in to KC's dad storyline. Nice to see the conclusion to the Math Team story. They won right? It was cool to see Bianca, KC, and Conner all hang out together. Mostly KC and Bianca, who make really good friends . She deserves someone like KC. Drew is stupid as hell and he's really irresponsible.

Maya/Campbell (C-Plot): These two are really awkward together but I love them together too ^^ . It was disgusting when she spit on him and then bit his ear. Eww. But LMFAO at Maya, Tori, and Tristan's phone convo in class . That spanish teacher is a huge ***** . Why read their messages? Just take the damn phones. Glad Maya and Cam worked things out. Their first kiss was sweet .

Edited on 08/03/2012 11:11am

ktfahel

[6]Aug 3, 2012

teenj12 wrote:

Maya/Campbell (C-Plot): These two are really awkward together but I love them together too ^^ . It was disgusting when she spit on him and then bit his ear. Eww. But LMFAO at Maya, Tori, and Tristan's phone convo in class . That spanish teacher is a huge ***** . Why read their messages? Just take the damn phones. Glad Maya and Cam worked things out. Their first kiss was sweet .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was a FRENCH teacher. Also, it wasn't uncommon for a teacher to read passed notes out loud; this amounts to the same thing. It definitely teaches 2 lessons: conversational French, and don't text in class.

SqueakyYugi

[7]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 13

Anyone else think KC's mom is a real GILF? KC's mom has got it going on.

Do they have 2 history teachers at Degrassi now? Mr. T appears to be teaching history, but I thought that was Mr. Perino's class.

ktfahel

[8]Aug 4, 2012

SqueakyYugi wrote:

Anyone else think KC's mom is a real GILF? KC's mom has got it going on.

Do they have 2 history teachers at Degrassi now? Mr. T appears to be teaching history, but I thought that was Mr. Perino's class.

Not to sound like a total idiot, but..."GILF"???

SqueakyYugi

[9]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 13

Oh dear me, I'm abut to corrupt your innocent little mind.

The more common expression is "MILF" which stands for a "Mom I'd Like (to)..." and you can probably figure out the rest. Except KC's mom is actually a grandma, so replace the M with a G - GILF.

UnovaChampion

[10]Aug 5, 2012
    • level: 18
    KC's mom has got it goin on. And I pity the fool.

Maybell is awkward and cute. Campbell's point of view is much more interesting though.

Clare, you got duped girl. Methinks this plot isn't over just yet. While I want Eli and Asher to brawl we're more likely to delve into Clare's emotions and EClare relationship turmoil since Clare kept the truth from him.