Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Retiring As Editor

-Master_K-

[1]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 37

Hey everyone just wanted to announce that as of this evening I'll no longer be the editor of the Degrassi guide. Had a fun time and enjoyed editing the show and moderating the forums but lately I've found myself not able to spend as much time on the guide as I should and I feel like someone else whose around more and more closely following the show should take over. I'll always love Degrassi, just work and school etc. is getting in the way.

My replacement as editor is the user named pedroman01. I picked him because he's been very dedicated to submitting all his contributions with the most accuracy.

I'm sure I'll still be around checking in from time to time and posting in episode threads whenever I feel there's an episode worth talking about. I may even show up at Degrassiblog or join the DTNGuncensored community (I'm already a member but never post lol).

See ya around!

Edited on 03/04/2012 1:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DegrassiFan619

[2]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 10
    Aww, that sucks :\

But good luck with school and whatnot!

baller12xx

[3]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 13
    Yea, good lucky. a shame to see many of the degrassi fan- vets leaving. many of the old sites are closing and people are leaving. but just like TNG, poeple move on. I've gotten to that point as well. before i used to memorize episode titles/scenes, buy the dvd's and surround myself with degrassi. but I have been slowly growing out of it. stopped buying dvd's after TBP, and i catch repeats of the episodes when i can. my generation was with emma,paige,craig ect. and now that they have left, im not as involved anymore. social media and all the new techonology has changed the show.

-Master_K-

[4]Mar 4, 2012

DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    Aww, that sucks :\ But good luck with school and whatnot!

Thank you! I already graduated from college but I took a transfer agreement and I'm continuing on in University part time.

baller12xx wrote:
    Yea, good lucky. a shame to see many of the degrassi fan- vets leaving. many of the old sites are closing and people are leaving. but just like TNG, poeple move on. I've gotten to that point as well. before i used to memorize episode titles/scenes, buy the dvd's and surround myself with degrassi. but I have been slowly growing out of it. stopped buying dvd's after TBP, and i catch repeats of the episodes when i can. my generation was with emma,paige,craig ect. and now that they have left, im not as involved anymore. social media and all the new techonology has changed the show.

I know what you mean. Overall I just feel like I've outgrown the show. That and I miss most of the tv.com vets who used to post here as well but a few of them are still around in other degrassi communities online.

NaughtyHottie

[5]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 12
    Good luck with everything. I too am guilty of not following the show as closely as I used to. Guess it is just part of growing up. I will always remember those tv tome days though

-Master_K-

[6]Mar 4, 2012

NaughtyHottie wrote:
    Good luck with everything. I too am guilty of not following the show as closely as I used to. Guess it is just part of growing up. I will always remember those tv tome days though

Me too, TV Tome was the best and it was around during Degrassi's best years. Though back then I was more of an RFR guy.

Edited on 03/04/2012 8:29pm

teenj12

[7]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 26
    I'm not really as active these days as I'd like to be either and my excitement for the show has decreased too.

I'm really gonna miss you as our editor, -Master_K-. You were chill, patient, and not over the top strict. Thank you for everything, and good luck .

-Master_K-

[8]Mar 14, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    I'm not really as active these days as I'd like to be either and my excitement for the show has decreased too. I'm really gonna miss you as our editor, -Master_K-. You were chill, patient, and not over the top strict. Thank you for everything, and good luck .

Thank you! So far the new editor is doing a good job as well, the guide and forum will be in good hands

jkxbox360

[9]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 15
    Sad to see you "Go"

Seems lots of people really are moving on. I'm starting to get to that point...and how I made it over a decade with only missing a handful of original airing episodes is beyond me. I'll probably miss a few this summer for the first time since season 3...besides season 10 when I lost power 1 night lol

baller12xx

[10]Mar 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    I always waited for the season to come on DVD because I didnt have The-N at my house. Only saw some episodes at a cousins house. But all the great DVD stuff made it exciting to wait for the dvd's to come out...now they are sooo terrible. although S11 PT.1 has a lot of extras.

UnovaChampion

[11]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 18
    Aw man, you were a good editor, you at least pinned stuff and made our discussions.

Unlike a certain new editor.

teenj12

[12]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 26
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Aw man, you were a good editor, you at least pinned stuff and made our discussions.

Unlike a certain new editor.
    ^I gotta agree with this

MarkilyahPeop

[13]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 1

NO! That's so upsetting! but we wish you the best of luck and were all really REALLY gonna miss you! Later, Bye!