Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Season 11 News & Speculation (possible spoilers)

-Master_K-

[1]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 37

Since the 10th season is almost over i decided to replace the news thread with a brand new one for 11th season since we have a lot of news coming in.

According to Stephen Stohn's twitter posts, so far we know:

There are 4 new characters added for the new season.

Some tentative episodes titles (these can change at anytime and may not be in the correct order):

1101: LoveGame 1
    1102: LoveGame 2
    1103: What's My Age Again? 1
    1104: What's My Age Again? 2
    1105: Idioteque 1
    1106: Idioteque 2
    1107: Cry Me A River 1
    1108: Cry Me A River 2
    1109: Dirt Off Your Shoulder 1
    1110: Dirt Off Your Shoulder 2

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

potcfan2003

[2]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 5

I've been on the tumblr Degrassi scene while I was waiting for this forum to pick up, and rumors are flying over there! Has anyone else heard these? I'm not entirely sure if they're true or not, but maybe you guys can help decipher fact from fiction

1. Eli won't be in the first half of season 11 because Munro Chambers is filming a movie. Apparently he wasn't at the orientation the other night.

2. Eli is supposed to go on a date with the new character Imogen. (This was in a leaked script that turned out to be just for auditions, and may not be a real plot)

3. There's been a confirmed death. (Not sure if this is for 10 or 11)

4. Fiona's staying back.

So, if anyone can shed some light on the validity of these, it would be great! Also, another rumor that's going around but not really about season 11, is Munro really 20? I thought you had to be under 18 to audition.

vgplaya89

[3]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 15
    Munro is like 21 now i think. I could believe number 1 and 2. 3, im not getting my hopes up so when or if someone dies i could have an OMG OMG OMG reaction.

4, god only knows.

potcfan2003

[4]Mar 10, 2011

Okay, I hate to spam this thread up, but I just found another spoiler:

"As many of you know, season 11 is getting underway at Degrassi HQ. The cast was back this week for read-throughs and an orientation with the new cast. And from what we've heard, filming is expected to begin next Monday (March 14th).

We haven't received much in terms of season 11 spoilers yet. However, last month TheTVAddict.com leaked 4 new character descriptions. Tonight, they revealed more season 11 casting news in their "Ask The Addict" column. New information suggests that Riley's coming out storyline is far from over, with lots more family drama to come. It looks like we will be meeting Riley's father next season, along with a new girl currently named "Athena." Here's what The TV Addict had to say:

The show currently on the look out to cast a disapproving father who isn't on board with his son's sexual orientation is… drumroll please… DEGRASSI. Got that Riley and Zane fans? You're in for a bumpy ride. Particularly when you also take into account a casting notice that has gone out for "Athena," a hot and athletic 17 year old who will soon be playing the part of Riley's "beard.""

I got it from this site, http://degrassi-fans.com/?p=2099, it seems legitimate. It sucks that Riley might beback to having a beard! Someone needs to lock that closet and hide the key! :/

baller12xx

[5]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 13
    ^ the 1st two episodes are called "Love Games" and based on the riley spoiler im guessing he and athena will be the opening episodes. and his dad will cause drama, sounds good to me.

sizz_leteen

[6]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 16

Oh God, enough with Riley and his beards! He's out to himself, and soon both parents, so what's the point? Maybe he'll just take her to some family event or something.

There are also rumors that Holly J may be the one to die. She's supposed to come down with some sort of "dangerous" mystery illness next week.

Edited on 03/10/2011 6:13pm

RomanZolanski

[7]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 12
    Yeah, she I think she comes down with an illness or disease, but I doubt that she'll be the one to die.

potcfan2003

[8]Mar 10, 2011
    That Declan rumor is still floating around, but I doubt it's true. I wonder if it will be Alli? I'm trying to think of characters that have dramatic storylines coming up, and other than Clare, Eli, Fitz, Holly J, Adam and Fiona she's the only one I can think of. Hmm, it could be Fitz or Sav though. I don't think they would kill off any of the main characters who are new this season, especially Adam since he's got such a good plot going or Eli because he's already been confirmed for season 11. Clare? That would be interesting, even though I'd miss her incredibly much. There's too many possibilities at this point, it's going to drive me nuts!

RomanZolanski

[9]Mar 11, 2011
    Well, for now we could eliminate some of the obvious. Fiona - she still has a lot to go through, more than a few episodes can deal with.
    Adam - already explained above.
    Eli - again, explained.
    Clare - honestly, I could see her staying, just because it will be way too sad and especially since she just became more of a main character this season.
    Ziley - Riley still has to handle facing his parents.
    Alli - it seems irrelevant.
    Anya - she still has that whole storyline with Dr. Chris.
    The Three Tenners - again, irrelevant.
    Jenna&KC - they have a baby to deal with, and irrelevant.
    Owen - I doubt he'll be even featured this second half of the season, which is weird because he got promoted to main character status, but didn't show up even once.
    Bianca&Drew - again, irrelevant.
    Chantay - no point in having a death with the least interesting character.

So, the only ones left are:
    - Fitz
    - Sav
    - Declan (he's starring in a new show anyways, although I doubt he'll even make an appearence in the finale.)

So, yeah.

AlexPokemaster

[10]Mar 11, 2011

RomanZolanski wrote:
    Well, for now we could eliminate some of the obvious. Fiona - she still has a lot to go through, more than a few episodes can deal with. Adam - already explained above. Eli - again, explained. Clare - honestly, I could see her staying, just because it will be way too sad and especially since she just became more of a main character this season. Ziley - Riley still has to handle facing his parents. Alli - it seems irrelevant. Anya - she still has that whole storyline with Dr. Chris. The Three Tenners - again, irrelevant. Jenna&KC - they have a baby to deal with, and irrelevant. Owen - I doubt he'll be even featured this second half of the season, which is weird because he got promoted to main character status, but didn't show up even once. Bianca&Drew - again, irrelevant. Chantay - no point in having a death with the least interesting character. So, the only ones left are: - Fitz - Sav - Declan (he's starring in a new show anyways, although I doubt he'll even make an appearence in the finale.) So, yeah.

Everyone is scaring me with this Holly J thing. I mean she's a long time character, has developed character wise exelentlly, and most of her storylines are coming to a close. She's developing a illness next week(?) I really hope she isn't the one who dies. Declan I can see but I don't see much impact. A longtime character would have more impact.

GiantStuffedDog

[11]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 4

I don't think Holly J will die, she's already been confirmed to be in Season 11. And I would hope they wouldn't kill her off in her graduating season, she's always been a favorite of mine, I would be upset if they did kill her off but I think it's unlikely. I think her storyline in Hide and Seek is that she is just overworking herself, and her body is running out of steam. I'm not even quite sure who they would kill off at this point, a lot of characters have already been confirmed for Season 11. Maybe they'll wait until the end of Season 11 for a death.

Also, why does Riley need another beard? I'm guessing this Athena girl is someone his parents attempt to force him to date because he wouldn't need a beard when he is out of the closet, wouldn't make much sense.

RomanZolanski

[12]Mar 11, 2011
    Sorry, but what does beard mean? Like facial hair, or something completely different?

sizz_leteen

[13]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 16
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    Sorry, but what does beard mean? Like facial hair, or something completely different?

A beard is a fake boyfriend/girlfriend used to cover up one's homosexuality.

jessica_fogle08

[14]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 1

I've heard rumors that it is either Holly J or Jenna that dies. Personally, I wouldn't mind Jenna dying off...that's what she gets for taking KC away from Clare (even though I wouldn't trade the Eli/Clare relationship for anything)! Maybe, they will have Jenna have the baby but then, she'll get ran over by Eli's car or something, leaving KC to raise the baby on his, maybe with his mother's help! I mean wouldn't it be interesting if the writers of Degrassi killed off Jenna, Eli and Clare broke up, and KC ended up turning to Clare to help raise him and Jenna's baby after she dies?? Personally, I think it would be great! Plus, I think that's the only way that I would be ok with Eli and Clare breaking up....I mean yeah, he's kind of possessive but after losing his last girlfriend so tragically, he just wants to make sure the same thing doesn't happen with Clare, so I can see things from his point of view a little too.

I think I would be ok with them killing off Alli (but we know that doesn't happen because we see previews of her at the school dance with Claire discussing Claire and Eli's relationship), Fitz, Jenna, Fiona, Riley, Bianca, or Zane. The only ones I REALLY don't want them to kill off are Eli, Claire, KC, Anya, Holly J, Drew, Sav, or Declan (he's too cute to go!). What scares me though is that they usually kill off the most well-liked and important characters...which leaves us with Claire, KC, Anya, Holly J, Declan, or Eli....maybe Alli!

potcfan2003

[15]Mar 12, 2011
    jessica_fogle08 wrote:

I've heard rumors that it is either Holly J or Jenna that dies. Personally, I wouldn't mind Jenna dying off...that's what she gets for taking KC away from Clare (even though I wouldn't trade the Eli/Clare relationship for anything)! Maybe, they will have Jenna have the baby but then, she'll get ran over by Eli's car or something, leaving KC to raise the baby on his, maybe with his mother's help! I mean wouldn't it be interesting if the writers of Degrassi killed off Jenna, Eli and Clare broke up, and KC ended up turning to Clare to help raise him and Jenna's baby after she dies?? Personally, I think it would be great! Plus, I think that's the only way that I would be ok with Eli and Clare breaking up....I mean yeah, he's kind of possessive but after losing his last girlfriend so tragically, he just wants to make sure the same thing doesn't happen with Clare, so I can see things from his point of view a little too.

I think I would be ok with them killing off Alli (but we know that doesn't happen because we see previews of her at the school dance with Claire discussing Claire and Eli's relationship), Fitz, Jenna, Fiona, Riley, Bianca, or Zane. The only ones I REALLY don't want them to kill off are Eli, Claire, KC, Anya, Holly J, Drew, Sav, or Declan (he's too cute to go!). What scares me though is that they usually kill off the most well-liked and important characters...which leaves us with Claire, KC, Anya, Holly J, Declan, or Eli....maybe Alli!

Well, they've only killed off one really popular character (JT), and the others were minor characters like Craig's dad or unpopular like Rick. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed Fitz or Holly J. I just have a feeling, although people I know think they'll kill Eli. I just don't see why they'd kill off a character in his first season who has so much potential, and who they've spent so much time developing. I think Munro's been confirmed for season 11 anyways, although I think that Eli will be involved with the death somehow.

AlexPokemaster

[16]Mar 12, 2011

I'm leaning towards Clare. I mean one all of the deaths on the show have been guys, so I think that a girl will die this time. Second think of all the screen time that Clare has been getting lately. Maybe they want to give her as much screen time as they can because she's leaving(or dieing) soon. And I beleve Eli will have something to do with it.

DegrassiFan619

[17]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 10

Here's an interesting pic for you all:

**WARNING, THIS COULD POSSIBLY REVEAL THE DEATH**

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mgwqyq.jpg

Edited on 03/12/2011 6:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

AlexPokemaster

[18]Mar 12, 2011

I think that that picture is fake besides they would use his full name "Elijah" Goldsworthy not just "Eli" because not everybody calls him that. (High light the white part to see who's name I'm talking about)

NaughtyHottie

[19]Mar 12, 2011
    yeah that does look fake to me, and who are those people standing outside? lol

GiantStuffedDog

[20]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 4

That's a photo shop of the sign from J.T.'s memorial in The Bitterest Pill. Kary from Degrassi Blog confirmed he made it.