Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Season 11 News & Speculation (possible spoilers)

sizz_leteen

[21]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 16
    There's no way they'd kill Clare. She's the heart and conscience of the show, now. Besides, to have her die just because her fictional alter-ego dies would be very boring and stupid.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vgplaya89

[22]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 15
    Clare is pretty much the new Emma, lead-wise. I dont think she's going anywhere. I could see Eli getting seriously hurt though.

AlexPokemaster

[23]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 5

Like I said before I don't think it will be a guy again. It's been all guys who died,this time it might be a girl.

DegrassiFan619

[24]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 10
    Damn, too bad. I was going to take a swim in all of the Eli fangirls' tears .

potcfan2003

[26]Mar 13, 2011

vgplaya89 wrote:
    Clare is pretty much the new Emma, lead-wise. I dont think she's going anywhere. I could see Eli getting seriously hurt though.
    I definitely think something bad's going to happen to Eli, and that's why he'll be missing from the beginning of season 11 while Munro is filming a movie. I bet that Eli is going to get in that huge fight with Clare that's been in all the promos, and do something crazy like crash his car or something, and the death will be someone who gets killed as a result of whatever he does. I'm hoping the death isn't Clare though, because A) She's really grown on me and is one of my favorites, and B) Eli would go absolutelybatsh*t crazy past the point of no-return, which while it would be incredibly interesting to watch, he's another one of my favorites and I want to see his character work through whatever mental thing he's got going on instead of losing whatever's left of his sanity.

teenj12

[27]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 26
    Maybe Fitz will die? Anyhow, its too early to guess.

RomanZolanski

[28]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 12
    I have a feeling that 'What's My Age Again?' has to do with Anya & Dr. Chris.

baller12xx

[29]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 13
    ^ agree. and i think the opener goes to Riley. the TV.COM gave riley character plot really early. and the episode is called "love games" and its said that he basically plays with a girls head..i hope it is dark like season 10's opener. im tired of the "nothing happens" openers and closers of each season.

vgplaya89

[30]Mar 16, 2011
    baller12xx wrote:
    ^ agree. and i think the opener goes to Riley. the TV.COM gave riley character plot really early. and the episode is called "love games" and its said that he basically plays with a girls head..i hope it is dark like season 10's opener. im tired of the "nothing happens" openers and closers of each season.

We got Peter taking meth and a guy slapping around Fiona in the past two seasons.

baller12xx

[31]Mar 16, 2011
    yea, but the peter taking meth plot was so bad acted out and had no lasting plots. the meth plot was over as fast as it started...ive heard the fiona opener was AMAZING!

vgplaya89

[32]Mar 16, 2011
    baller12xx wrote:
    yea, but the peter taking meth plot was so bad acted out and had no lasting plots. the meth plot was over as fast as it started...ive heard the fiona opener was AMAZING!

true true. I guess it was more CTV's fault that the meth plot ended quickly than the writers, according to interviews. In a way it did have lasting effects, Peter spent most of the season trying to get his friends back, and that whole thing with Victoria. but yeah WAGW is pretty good, one of the better openers for sure, and the story is pretty much STILL going 35 episodes later. lol

baller12xx

[33]Mar 16, 2011
    i became a huge fan of fiona over season 9. so im excited to buy the dvd's and watch the new season. (i knew someone wuld say they followed peter's storyline over the season, WHICH IS TRUE. but nothing happend in each episode he was in..i due think he was way more likeable in season 9 then 8, but his character still gained and loss nothing.)

potcfan2003

[34]Mar 17, 2011
    According to some site, Clare and the new character Jake (who's name was originally supposed to be Noah) had a "childhood connection" and their parents want them to be friends again. I'm not sure what this means for Eclare, but isn't it funny that if Clare and Jake get together their ship would be Cake? Dessert ships

GiantStuffedDog

[35]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 4

Stephen Stohn also gave away two more possible Season 11 episode titles. They are Paper Planes and Should've Said No.

Also, the new character Dennis had a name change as well, he is now named Mo. In my opinion they should have kept it as Dennis, lol.

vgplaya89

[36]Mar 17, 2011
    Paper Planes is gonna be another weed plot. calling it

vgplaya89

[37]Mar 17, 2011
    potcfan2003 wrote:
    According to some site, Clare and the new character Jake (who's name was originally supposed to be Noah) had a "childhood connection" and their parents want them to be friends again. I'm not sure what this means for Eclare, but isn't it funny that if Clare and Jake get together their ship would be Cake? Dessert ships

an Eclair is a food too.

RomanZolanski

[38]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 12
    Who thinks that there should be a character with some sort of disability? Like maybe (and I know I'm stealing this from Pretty Little Liars), a blind character, or a deaf character. Maybe someone with Down Syndrome (but Glee already has that). I don't know, it's just that they're wasting Jake's character with him being the new hearthrob, when we already have Drew. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents on an interesting storyline for Degrassi that they haven't tackled.

vgplaya89

[39]Mar 17, 2011

RomanZolanski wrote:
    Who thinks that there should be a character with some sort of disability? Like maybe (and I know I'm stealing this from Pretty Little Liars), a blind character, or a deaf character. Maybe someone with Down Syndrome (but Glee already has that). I don't know, it's just that they're wasting Jake's character with him being the new hearthrob, when we already have Drew. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents on an interesting storyline for Degrassi that they haven't tackled.

like Connor Aspergers? sorta.

Edited on 03/17/2011 6:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.

sizz_leteen

[40]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 16

I agree that there should be a deaf or blind character. I'm a little sick of seeing these totally interchangeable "heart throbs" every season. Season 10 brought us a very diverse set of new characters, all of which have fans (though I personally am not a fan of either Drew or Bianca). The NEW new characters though...don't really sound all that interesting. I'd like to see characters with a little more edge!

My personal Degrassi character fantasy is a smart, snarky artsy chick who goes for Wesley. We've had so many instances of the "bad" boy/good girl relationship. I'd like to see an edgy alternative girl go for the nice guy for a change. Not necessarily a bad girl, just a girl who's a little rougher around the edges. The closest we had were closeted Marco/Ellie 5000 years ago during season 2.