Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Season 11 News & Speculation (possible spoilers)

potcfan2003

[41]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 5
    Should Have Said No will probably be a drug or sex plot, just because that's what comes to mind from the title. I'm hoping they'll touch on drunk driving next season, since they have yet to cover that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[42]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 26
    The nuCharacters are lame. I feel like Degrassi needs to stop it with the "Hearthrobs" who keep their "player" status for 5 seconds like Declan.

baller12xx

[43]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 13
    ^100% agree...im so tiredd of them trying to make the ratings with a new heartthrob every 5 seconds. the originals didnt intentionally have heartthrobs. heart-throbs were made.

AlexPokemaster

[44]Mar 18, 2011

YES! That's what I've been saying I hate the "heart throbs" They ran a good 7 seasons without them I really don's see the point. It's not realistic.

RomanZolanski

[45]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 12
    I mean... there's not even a heartthrob at my school, but I'm still a bit new so I haven't really met him if there is one. But a lot of the characters on Degrassi are similar to kids at my school. I'm sort of like KC and Wesley put together, if that works.

sizz_leteen

[46]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 16
    AlexPokemaster wrote:

YES! That's what I've been saying I hate the "heart throbs" They ran a good 7 seasons without them I really don's see the point. It's not realistic.

The only early example is Craig, but he was an unintentional heart throb. His raison d'etre was not to be the stereotypical "hot guy" on the show. He came from a troubled home, was sort of an artsy (at least in season 2) rocker, was one of the most well-developed characters on the show (thanks to Jake Epstein's solid acting), and his good looks were secondary. The revolving door of Abercrombie and Fitch rejects who lack any real meat (Drew, Declan, probably Jake) is totally uninspired. Why can't they cast a character who sounds really cool and interesting, but who JUST HAPPENS to be good-looking? Why is their appearance the first thing we know about in their profile? We know they're going to cast good-looking people anyway if they're on TV.

teenj12

[47]Mar 18, 2011

sizz_leteen wrote:
    AlexPokemaster wrote:

The only early example is Craig, but he was an unintentional heart throb. His raison d'etre was not to be the stereotypical "hot guy" on the show. He came from a troubled home, was sort of an artsy (at least in season 2) rocker, was one of the most well-developed characters on the show (thanks to Jake Epstein's solid acting), and his good looks were secondary. The revolving door of Abercrombie and Fitch rejects who lack any real meat (Drew, Declan, probably Jake) is totally uninspired. Why can't they cast a character who sounds really cool and interesting, but who JUST HAPPENS to be good-looking? Why is their appearance the first thing we know about in their profile? We know they're going to cast good-looking people anyway if they're on TV.

Lol right!

-Master_K-

[48]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 37

sizz_leteen wrote:
    AlexPokemaster wrote:

Um Jimmy anyone? He was an unintentional heart throb as well!

AlexPokemaster

[49]Mar 20, 2011

So was Manny. At least for the guys. ^_^

GiantStuffedDog

[50]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 4

Um, wasn't Sean considered a heart-throb during his later days on the show?

sizz_leteen

[51]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 16
    GiantStuffedDog wrote:

Um, wasn't Sean considered a heart-throb during his later days on the show?

Yeah okay, so there definitely were a few. But their characters weren't based solely on them being hot ladies' men. Their looks generally took a back seat to their issues.

baller12xx

[52]Mar 21, 2011
    ^ excatly what i meant. they had issue's and later came off as heart-throbs. they werent casted at the heart-throb from the get-go.

GiantStuffedDog

[53]Mar 24, 2011

Stephen Stohn confirmed three of the new cast members today on Twitter, Justin Kelly will play Jake Martin (formally Noah Bradley), Chloe Rose will play Katie Matlin and Cristine Prosperi will play Imogen Moreno (formally Imogen Berish). No word on who will play the new overweight character, Mo MacDonnel though, hopefully we'll get an announcement on that soon!

Also, the telenovela format will return for the first half of the season, so more daily episodes in the summer! All of this was confirmed today on Stephen Stohn's twitter.

potcfan2003

[54]Mar 25, 2011
    GiantStuffedDog wrote:

Stephen Stohn confirmed three of the new cast members today on Twitter, Justin Kelly will play Jake Martin (formally Noah Bradley), Chloe Rose will play Katie Matlin and Cristine Prosperi will play Imogen Moreno (formally Imogen Berish). No word on who will play the new overweight character, Mo MacDonnel though, hopefully we'll get an announcement on that soon!

Also, the telenovela format will return for the first half of the season, so more daily episodes in the summer! All of this was confirmed today on Stephen Stohn's twitter.

Wasn't there something in the article about a "crime of passion" or something? I didn't read the article, but I heard there was.

teenj12

[55]Mar 25, 2011
    So what will they call the telenova summer event? "The Steaming Point"? Also, I'm wondering if this time it'll be in July or August or run through both.

RomanZolanski

[56]Mar 25, 2011
    • level: 12
    Justin Kelly? Wow, that's gonna be awkward for me because he played Noah on "The Latest Buzz" alongside Munro Chambers who played Wilder. It's a Canadian show for people who've never heard of it by the way. Kind of like the Disney Channel for Canada.

GiantStuffedDog

[57]Mar 25, 2011

potcfan2003 wrote:
    GiantStuffedDog wrote:

Wasn't there something in the article about a "crime of passion" or something? I didn't read the article, but I heard there was.

Yes, there was an article that said something about a crime of passion that intensifies or something by the end of the telenovela.

Also, this summer, the daily episodes will last 7 weeks rather than 6, so 4 extra episodes in the summer!

baller12xx

[58]Mar 25, 2011
    but if there is 4 extra episodes and there is 45 half hour eps and 1 1hr ep. that means: 28 summer episodes , 17 fall episodes and a 1hour episode (probably the season finale for season 11). so it not really a bonus. they are just moving a few episodes from the fall schedule to the summer sched.

DegrassiFan619

[59]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 10
    Woah, what? They're doing Boiling Point-esque episode schedules again?

Awesome.

futuramarama

[60]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 37
    the boiling point was one of the highlights of my summer last year so definitely looking forward to daily new episodes again