Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Season 11 News & Speculation (possible spoilers)

Seaig

[81]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 12

From The TV Addict:"…eleventh season episodes will have one student of the male persuasion tackle the taboo that is shoplifting, another who is no stranger to trouble finding herself confronted with cocaine, while a third fan favorite is forced to deal with the baggage that comes when two squabbling parents fail to handle their divorce as maturely as one might hope."

Wow! Just the brief mention of the issues set to occur in Season 11 have me totally glued! Season 10 and 11 will forever be PANDEMIC!

From Stephen Stohn, executive producer:"Fans will get a full seven weeks of new daily DEGRASSI storylines and drama, starting with a crime of passion that reverberates throughout the summer and leads to an explosive conclusion."

Clearly, the death at the end of "Drop The World" will impact, mold, create, and course into what's becoming known as The Next Boiling Point.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

potcfan2003

[82]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 5
    Seaig wrote:

From The TV Addict:"…eleventh season episodes will have one student of the male persuasion tackle the taboo that is shoplifting, another who is no stranger to trouble finding herself confronted with cocaine, while a third fan favorite is forced to deal with the baggage that comes when two squabbling parents fail to handle their divorce as maturely as one might hope."

Wow! Just the brief mention of the issues set to occur in Season 11 have me totally glued! Season 10 and 11 will forever be PANDEMIC!

From Stephen Stohn, executive producer:"Fans will get a full seven weeks of new daily DEGRASSI storylines and drama, starting with a crime of passion that reverberates throughout the summer and leads to an explosive conclusion."

Clearly, the death at the end of "Drop The World" will impact, mold, create, and course into what's becoming known as The Next Boiling Point.

Okay. So obviously the one dealing with her parent's divorce is Clare, who do you think the shoplifter and the coke is going to be?
    I'm thinking KC for shoplifting, to help support the baby or something, and maybe Bianca for the coke. Although, she seems smart enough to stay away from the really bad stuff, but she's the only one who's "no stranger to trouble" that I can think of.

Seaig

[83]Apr 1, 2011

Based on the Season 11 episode titles and press releases, here are my thoughts:

LoveGame - With the lack of Riley at the latter end of Season 10, it makes sense in a refreshing way that Riley would take the A-plot in Season 11's premier. I hope the ascendingpresenceof Riley's parents influencing a girl named Athena to be Riley's"beard" makes these episodes asubstantial addition into the Degrassi catalog. I'm expecting a lot out of Athena and hope to see her as a beautiful yet foul girl who literally clashes with Zane. How "Go-There" would a full-on Gay Guy vs Girl fight be? Also, since Wesley and Hannah were brought together because of a game (thepogo-stickcontest) I'm wishing for a nice follow up plot that really thickens this highly potential couple.

What's My Age Again? - Anya's tumultuous wait for her 18th birthday. It will be interesting to see how she and Dr. Kris deal with this pivotal birthday and the relationship which it includes. Owen's association into and with this plot is probably the most riveting element for me. Very exciting. Also, the title suggests AGE as its theme so I'm hoping for some Jenna/KC pregnancy material here as well.

Idioteque - This song is about global warming so I'm a bit stumped here. However, it would make sense to see Baby Guthrie-Middleton born in an episode about the Earth's current state. With this being said, a Holly J subplot would fit in here nicely with the episode's theme. I see another subplot featuring Clare's aftershocks after the events at the Spring Dance and how she and Jake begin growing closer as Eli slips away.

Cry Me A River - Main plot, I see Clare turning away from Eli and adopting a steamier relationship with Jake-leaving Eli reeling. It would make beautiful sense if the incredible coupling of Bianca and Drew stayed true and realistic by having Bianca cheat on Drew out of normal habit and seeing the explosive drama that would ensue.

Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Alli comes to mind. A retribution plot perhaps? I see her befriending Marisol and Katie, the latter of which convinces Alli to try out for the soccer team. Alli's had a theme about school clubs and friends this season, so I see this as being highly likely to happen. Adam helps put Drew back together after his breakup with Bianca. A nice subplot in addition would be a teaser Eli/Imogen subplot.

Paper Planes - This song is about jacking money and running. Simple. Main plot involves Imogen getting caught in the act by Eli and deciding to take him into her world of holding-up places for money as a habit. An Owen/Riley subplot perhaps. I'd like to see Athena get with Owen. I see Clare divorce follow-up tying in her relationship with Jake.

Should've Said No - Alli is caught in a tense moment when she learns Katie regularly snorts coke during soccer practice. For a subplot I'd like to see Jenna and KC juggling their baby andresponsibilities. Chantay's offered to be nominated for valedictorian and she accepts.

When I Look At You - After being so close with Jenna and KC, Dave and Sadie are shocked when they lose their virginities unprotected. Sav is bothered by Jake's outlook on Alli. Imogen is bothered with Eli'sfascinationwith Clare and Jake,

I Don't Like - Alli can't get Marisol to see Katie and Mo for who they are before it's too late. Holly J is after Chantay after she hears they're vying forvaledictorian.Bianca's reputation seems unredeemable.

Brick By Boring Brick - Anya is furious at her decision to make between Owen and Dr. Kris. Fiona is sober and only focused on Holly J, that is until Chantay arrives. Adam begins to lose hope in ever finding love.

Kiss N Tell - Fiona and Chantay find something between them and Holly J finds herself jealous. When Sadie and KC kiss, it throws a wrench in both Dave and Jenna's lives. Clare is surprised when she lets Jake go further than before.

Dead And Gone -

Edited on 04/02/2011 9:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Master_K-

[84]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 37

Seaig wrote:

By the way, the first 24 episodes of Season 11 (aka The NEXT Boiling Point) have all been named:

1101/02 - LoveGame

1103/04 - What's My Age Again?

1105/06 - Idioteque

1107/08 - Cry Me A River

1109/10 - Dirt Off Your Shoulder

1111/12 - Paper Planes

1113/14 - Should've Said No

1115/16 - When I Look At You

1117/18 - I Don't Like

1119/20 - Brick By Boring Brick

1121/22 - Kiss N Tell

1123/24 - Dead And Gone

Kind of curious, where did you find the rest of those episode names?

baller12xx

[85]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 13
    ^ im thinking the same thing, sound real, but wheres the source?..#1 thing to remember when posting degrassi info on this site!

i kind of like the KC stealing thing, i just hope its not corny like when danny and derrick did it (kind of like how the cover rascism plots, besides the hazel plot, i actaully liked that one!)..and i hope if bianca does coke, that it has continutation and gets a bit dark. love her character. i would love to see and ugly divorce from clares parents (and no i havent seen "love lockdown" and i know something goes on with her parents getting a divorce...DONT SPOIL ME)

GiantStuffedDog

[86]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 4

I can totally see KC shoplifting to support the baby (speaking of which, when is Jenna going to pop that baby out?! She's like 11 months pregnant now, lol).

I can also picture them giving the cocaine storyline to Bianca, I mean we already know she is involved with drugs so it would kind of make sense. I think it should be an on-going issue throughout the season like Fiona's alcoholism has been throughout this season and not only last 2 episodes like Peter's meth "addiction".

And obviously the divorce stuff is going to be about the Edwards family, and I'm glad they are bringing this storyline back up because I did not like how it was handled in the fall episodes. I felt like Clare and Eli's relationship overshadowed the actual issue.

Karan6

[87]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 9
    GiantStuffedDog wrote:

I can totally see KC shoplifting to support the baby (speaking of which, when is Jenna going to pop that baby out?! She's like 11 months pregnant now, lol).

I can also picture them giving the cocaine storyline to Bianca, I mean we already know she is involved with drugs so it would kind of make sense. I think it should be an on-going issue throughout the season like Fiona's alcoholism has been throughout this season and not only last 2 episodes like Peter's meth "addiction".

And obviously the divorce stuff is going to be about the Edwards family, and I'm glad they are bringing this storyline back up because I did not like how it was handled in the fall episodes. I felt like Clare and Eli's relationship overshadowed the actual issue.

You may be right about KC, but that is wayyy 2 similar to JT stealing the oxycodone to support himself and Liberty moving out. The Cocaine part I agree it should be Bianca maybe she can finally get her own decent storyline and it would not be too far fetched an maybe it ends with her character becoming good.

The divorce stuff which is most likely with Clares parents is something I am not interested in at all to be honest. With E-Clare overshadowing it this season It wont't be that great in my mind to watch unless maybe a possible Darcy return?? which probably won't happen but a boy can dream

baller12xx

[88]Apr 2, 2011
    ahhaa, darcy showing up would be cool. but i k.c stealing for the baby would be way too simalar. its kind of funny how we expect that a man is a stealer..would like to see it be a girl, but a boy would be fine too.i dont biianca to be good for a while, she can have a soft side, but not just become good like how holly J DRAMATICALLY changed. i love alex's character, she was rouh around the edges, got a bit nicer, but always stuck to her roots!

GiantStuffedDog

[89]Apr 2, 2011

Yeah, now that I think about KC stealing to support Jenna and the baby would be very similar to the J.T./Liberty storyline. But it does say in the description from The TV Addict that the shoplifter is a male, so it really could me anyone. Hm, maybe Adam starts stealing for some reason. Even though that doesn't seem like something he would do, at least to me. Oh, or maybe it's one of The Three Tenners! I can picture Dave doing that actually.

I doubt Darcy will return, that would be cool but I highly doubt it. Unless 90210 ends or something, and Shenae is willing to do a guest spot.

jkxbox360

[90]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 15
    Highly doubt Darcy will return. Keep in mind she lives in LA, and to fly to Canada for a cameo is hard to do, especially when she is filming another show. And those episode titles are fake. They were never confirmed by anyone, anywhere.

AlexPokemaster

[91]Apr 3, 2011

jkxbox360 wrote:
    Highly doubt Darcy will return. Keep in mind she lives in LA, and to fly to Canada for a cameo is hard to do, especially when she is filming another show. And those episode titles are fake. They were never confirmed by anyone, anywhere.

Umm Ashley Tisdale lives in L.A. and she films Hellcats all of the time which is filmed in Vancouver. Though she also owns a house there so it may be irrelevant. And prove that those titles are fake please.

RomanZolanski

[92]Apr 3, 2011
    TBH, I don't want Darcy to come back. When old characters return for an episode or two long after their departure, it seems like it's taking me back. Like when Jimmy came to Spinner's party after he got "accepted" into cop college. And when Johnny came back just a couple of weeks ago. AND when Marco came back as Holly J's student teacher. I don't know, that's just my feelings rather than opinion because it just of makes me uneasy.

But I was completely ok with Jay coming back, aha, and when Paige, Ellie, Craig and Marco were in the Hollywood movie. I also wouldn't mind seeing Emma, Manny, and/or Spinner making appearences because they were such classics, aha.

jkxbox360

[93]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 15

AlexPokemaster wrote:

jkxbox360 wrote:

Umm Ashley Tisdale lives in L.A. and she films Hellcats all of the time which is filmed in Vancouver. Though she also owns a house there so it may be irrelevant. And prove that those titles are fake please.

That has nothing to do with anything. It is her job to live in Vancouver for the time being to film her show. The point I am saying is Grimes lives in L.A. and she films her show there. She is not going to leave to do a cameo.

And prove the titles are fake? Uhh the fact that no one confirmed them from the cast/crew/network and the person who posted them just made them up to be cool?

AlexPokemaster

[94]Apr 3, 2011

jkxbox360 wrote:

AlexPokemaster wrote:

jkxbox360 wrote:

That has nothing to do with anything. It is her job to live in Vancouver for the time being to film her show. The point I am saying is Grimes lives in L.A. and she films her show there. She is not going to leave to do a cameo.

And prove the titles are fake? Uhh the fact that no one confirmed them from the cast/crew/network and the person who posted them just made them up to be cool?

Here's some proof the titles are real:

http://twitter.com/stephenstohn

Go to March 25th and look at the tweets. I don't think Stephen Stohn would lie to us ^_^

-Master_K-

[95]Apr 3, 2011

I checked and there were no episode names -_- don't have me on a goose chase.

futuramarama

[96]Apr 3, 2011
    i kinda doubt anyone would make up titles 'just to try and be cool'

-Master_K-

[97]Apr 3, 2011

Well no one can supply a proper source and I'm the editor... I don't need false information posted in the episode guides!

Edited on 04/03/2011 9:50pm

baller12xx

[98]Apr 3, 2011
    ^ so true, that why i always post a source for all my info. i dont kno how people expect for other people to beileve them with no type of credible source...o and "futuramrama" theres TONS of people who would make false statements to be cool.

GiantStuffedDog

[99]Apr 3, 2011

Those titles are definitely fake, they weren't confirmed anywhere. They probably came from Degrassi Wiki or something.

-Master_K-

[100]Apr 4, 2011

I can at least confirm that LoveGame - Should've Said No are actually real episode titles, as I've seen them posted on the exec's twitter with my own eyes but the others are almost 100% fake, most likely a crappy april fools joke.