Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Season 11 News & Speculation (possible spoilers)

baller12xx

[1021]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 13
    ^ I know they will have plots, its just weird not seeing them so far...but im looking forward to it.

I thought about this the other day. I like degrassi continuity now but it seems like a character is stuck with the same plot the whole season and anytime they are on-screen it is only to talk about there plot. like character are stuck in there own plots to worry about what is going on with anything else.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Seaig

[1022]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 12

I'm happy seeing the amount of screentime Connor is finally receiving!

I do wish however that we'd see more Tristan and/or Maya rather than Tori and Zig. It's clear Tristan and Maya rule the Grade 9s.

I can't wait for Mo and Marisol's hook-up as well!

I'm hoping for a lot of Owen and Bianca in 12.1 after their severe lack of plot in 11.2

jkxbox360

[1023]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 15
    Maya is the only good niner. The rest are horrid.

baller12xx

[1024]Apr 11, 2012
    i kinda like zig, isnt the stereotypical "bad" kid so far..he's just doing his own thing. tristan is different, and i kinda like tori. but tristant and tori's acting could use some work.

teenj12

[1025]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 26
    baller12xx wrote:
    Im now realizing that there are a quite a few character we aren't seeing much of..'

alli, dave, wesley, bianca, adam,

honestly, i feel like a lot of the main character have lost there core likeability. alli is just there, clare is annoying, k.c is geting better, connor hasnt transformed at all.
    I feel some people just fell out of the loop.

Things have changed around the halls of Degrassi.

vgplaya89

[1026]Apr 14, 2012
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    ^ Agreed. I'm a Fimogen shipper, but only when it comes to fanfiction. I don't want them to get together on the show, no matter how much I love them. :\ Lol does that make sense?

Honestly, with all the relationship switch-ups and everyone now dating everyone, it's getting almost as bad as 90210 and Glee (in those shows, everyone legit dated practically every other character, no joke).

oh dear god, don't get me started on 90210. Silver's had something with literally every male main cast member, and Liam's been with nearly every female. and now they're together. lol

vgplaya89

[1027]Apr 14, 2012
    jkxbox360 wrote:
    Maya is the only good niner. The rest are horrid.

also this. I liked them at first, but now I could care less about most of them. Maya's cool, Tori's annoying, Tristan's annoying, and Zig makes Jake look like the most interesting and 3 dimensional character on the show.

AlexPokemaster

[1028]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 5

ehhhh TBH I don't really like any of the Ninth graders too much. Maya is a little bland IMO.

teenj12

[1029]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 26
    I like them, but I need to see more of them and their storyline to come too a conclusion.

baller12xx

[1030]Apr 14, 2012
    I like Maya, I though she would be clare 2.0 but so far she is a lot more social & confident then Clare is.. Clare was very awkward socially as a Niner.

UnovaChampion

[1031]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 17
    Tristan has potential...what happens next week with Adam will be interesting.

Tori bores me..

And Maya, she needs a plot other than liking Zig before I'll judge. Same with Zig, he needs to do something.

Any thoughts on Marisol and Mo? Relationship or not, I like seeing someone tick off Marisol.

And the position Dave/Alli is sad for both of them. Alli is being lied to again, and Dave's insensitivity is about to lead to his biggest mistake yet if Jacinta is hit by a car.

Then again, Jactinta would be an idiot for running out into the street.

jj8321

[1032]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 8

Ok, I'm just now catching up. I'm currently on Nowhere to Run (season 11 episode 30)

I just watched the wedding of Claire and Jake's parents. What tha flip is the deal with never a mention of Darcy, Claire's older sister? I mean, I know Shenae Grimes is on 90210 now, but they could have at least gotten her to come back for a guest appearance for the wedding of her own former character'smother!! They don't even bring her name up ever...at least, if they have, I haven't noticed it!

Can anyone else shed any light on my thought, here?

baller12xx

[1033]Apr 19, 2012
    It's one of those things where if they mention her at times, its like att some point people will get fed up and want to see her on screen. its like "maybe if we dont talk about her, maybe they'll forget".....so dumb..they dont want to stir the pot by bringing her up and getting fans hopes up.

vgplaya89

[1034]Apr 19, 2012
    jj8321 wrote:

Ok, I'm just now catching up. I'm currently on Nowhere to Run (season 11 episode 30)

I just watched the wedding of Claire and Jake's parents. What tha flip is the deal with never a mention of Darcy, Claire's older sister? I mean, I know Shenae Grimes is on 90210 now, but they could have at least gotten her to come back for a guest appearance for the wedding of her own former character'smother!! They don't even bring her name up ever...at least, if they have, I haven't noticed it!

Apparently there was a deleted scene in Nowhere to Run where Darcy sent a statue or something from Africa. lol

jkxbox360

[1035]Apr 21, 2012

jj8321 wrote:

As stated multiple times, Grimes films in Los Angeles during the same time Degrassi was filming. She can't fly across the country for a 2 second cameo. Also, certain networks do not always permit their stars to appear on a rival network. Degrassi and 90210 are rival shows on rival networks, so it would not be allowed.

baller12xx

[1036]Apr 21, 2012
    teennick is rival to the CW.....in what way? if it wasn't for teennnick they wouldnt have shenae or Nina, and now Cassie (Even though cassie films mostly "L.A Complex" in Canada.)

jj8321

[1037]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 8

yea, that makes sense