Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Season 11 News & Speculation (possible spoilers)

jkxbox360

[141]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 15

GiantStuffedDog wrote:

I'm glad every episode won't be a two-parter this season. That should work well when the show returns to weekly episodes in the fall. Also, hope there isn't a C-plot in every episode because it's obviously not always needed as this season showed (Three Tenner's anyone?)

Only the first couple aren't two parters. When the weekly episodes return in the fall, they will all be 2 parts.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Karan6

[142]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 9
    jkxbox360 wrote:

GiantStuffedDog wrote:

I'm glad every episode won't be a two-parter this season. That should work well when the show returns to weekly episodes in the fall. Also, hope there isn't a C-plot in every episode because it's obviously not always needed as this season showed (Three Tenner's anyone?)

Only the first couple aren't two parters. When the weekly episodes return in the fall, they will all be 2 parts.

That is stupid the weekly episodes are two parters an the first daily week is 1 parters....Degrassi just wants to leave us on Cliffhangers all the time

Seaig

[143]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 12

I'm loving Season 11's formula, episode speaking, so far!

Very interesting how the 45 episode order has impacted the season so much!

I like how they made the premiere an hour long episode that will encompass 2 half hour slots to work around the odd number of episodes.

Even more genius, making the following 3 episodes after the premiere (the first week of the NEW boiling point) single episodes - NOT two-parters

This season could shape up to be even more groundbreaking and brilliant than Season 10 - which is REALLY saying something!

RomanZolanski

[144]May 1, 2011
    So... who's interested in a pyromanaic character? LOL idk, I just thought it would be cool.

Seaig

[145]May 1, 2011

I've given the song titles for Season 11's episodes a thorough listen and these are my current thoughts/predicitons:

1101/02 "Spring Fever" - Bianca's dark past which will encompass WITH A BANG will be explored here - - transitioning the students through their spring break between the 3rd and 4th quarters of the 2nd and final semester. Obviously a MAJOR Jenna/KC plot will play a part as well. I'm seeing something along the lines of "don't let me get me"'s 2-plot feel but this time with Bianca (A-plot) and Jenna/KC (B-plot). I smell a Riley C-plot gearing us up for his 'beard plot' by introducing Mr.Stavrosfirst.

1103 "LoveGame"- A-plot will be Riley's 'beard' storyline with Greek girl Anthea and thestressesthere withinwith Zane, etc. Hoping for Anya/Anthea interaction! Jenna and KC would be extremely suitable for this B-plot. More specific in-depth topics surrounding their teenage parenting lives would be excellent. A nice C-plot would be a light yet substantial Connor follow-up plot showing him begin the necessary actions against LoveQueen16.

1104 "What's My Age Again?" - The much awaited 18th birthday of Anya which will decide her romantic fate with Dr. Chris. I'm hoping for some Fiona fusion into this plot such as her helping Anya get together with Dr. Chris in an extravagant way. A super B-plot to counterbalance Anya's main plot would be a solid Holly J plot updating and showcasing her health struggles and the status of her dialysis. Even some follow-up on she and Chantay'swork studyfor Beverly.

1105 "Idioteque" - If this isn't about Imogen primarily I will be truly shocked. The lyrics fit her (as well as Eli) to a tee so I'm hoping to see asurprisinglygreat introduction to the pairing of these two awfully hard to write/predict characters. I see an Owen B-plot here easily for some reason. Some Anya/Owen follow-up could work nicely here. With the events in "chasing pavements" I'm feeling sure we will see an Alli/Bianca friendship take bloom (inlieuof Bianca's major drama that will tie Alli into it) this season and this C-plot would be a perfect start.

1106/07 "Cry Me A River" - Bringing things full circle, I'd love a main plot here showing Bianca cheat on Drew and fall back on Alli as a coping device - pertaining to her mystery. I'd like to see Drew be drawn to new girl Katie here. A nice B-plot would be Clare's continued hardship to ignore Eli'sexistencewhile finding unexpectedsolacein an old friend and new student Jake. I would love to see a C-plot with Fitz returning to Degrassi and interfering with Eli and Imogen's newfound friendship.

1108/09 "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" - I foresee a first time Dave main plot here providing a climax to his faults involving his dad's status as a police enforcer and his lack of confidence in his relationship with Sadie. I see Dave, Sadie, Drew, and Katie becoming to new Mighty Four Clique and I see Katie introducing them on to coke. B-plot that could work would be KC falling for a new love interest... much to Jenna fury.I see a unique friendship forming in the C-plot here between lonely Sav and outdoors lover Jake.

1110/11 "Paper Planes" - Main plot willhopefullybe Imogen's decision to introduce Eli to her criminal world ofshoplifting and theft. B-plot should be Bianca's growing fear of the dangerousAnson ... whom she swears is following her. For a C-plot, Jenna and KC getincreasinglyworried about their financial situation.

1112/13 "Should've Said No" -

1114/15 "U Don't Know" -

1116/17 "Lose Yourself" -

1118/19 "Mr. Brightside" -

1120/21 "Extraordinary Machine" -

RomanZolanski

[146]May 1, 2011
    Ok so I spent like almost three hours making these predictions that'll just get me by until the actual season premieres. If you don't want to read them because if may spoil you or you don't want to make expectations for the next season, don't read these (although these are pretty bad anyways, aha.) So yeah, no hate please.

1101/1102 "Spring Fever" - Spring Break finally arrives. Bianca's home life is finally exposed, as her old brother Anson returns from rehab. Bianca begins a friendship with Alli after fighting for too long, but get into some trouble when Anson commits a hit-and-run. Anson's antics don't stop, and Bianca has to choose between telling the police, or letting her brother stay in her life. Holly J.'s vacation with Fiona and Anya doesn't go well when they get drunk at a party, and Fiona has trouble remembering who she had sex with. Dave and Sadie's relationship doesn't go well when her father comes off as a racist.

1103 "LoveGame" - Riley's father begins to get suspicious of Zane. During a Greek heritage event, Riley meets Athena, his mother's friend's daughter, and decides to use her to please his mother, as well as fool his father. But Zane begins to think if Riley's worth it anymore. Jenna begins to have panic attacks when taking care of Shelby, her daughter, and decides to leave Degrassi, to KC's dismay.

1104 "What's My Age Again?" - Imogen begins a friendship with a heartbroken Clare and a shocked Alli (after the events from "Spring Fever"). Imogen is known to be wild and always looking for the fun side of things. So, she decides to take Clare and Alli to a nightclub, using fake IDs. Clare decides to go in order to clear her mind, but the trio get caught. Anya's 18th birthday finally arrives, and she decides to spend it with Dr. Chris. But she reconsider's Owen's dinner offer.

1105 "Idioteque" - Adam tags along with his brother to a construction site as part of a charity case. Adam becomes interested in engineering, and considers a career in it. But he isn't permitted to help, mainly because they believe he is a girl. Sav decides to make amends with Holly J. when they start a business together. They begin to sell home appliances, but their sponsor doesn't seem legit.

1106/1107 "Cry Me a River" - Drew befriends Mo, who is desperate to change his body image. Feeling insecure, Mo ignores physicians and skips meals. Drew becomes concerned when Mo spends amble time at the gym, and tries to help him before something happens. Clare reconnects with her old friend Jake when her parents stress about legalizing their divorce. Clare begins to believe that Jake is trying to make a move on her when he becomes extra supportive, but he really tries to be there for her after he finds Mr. Edwards' will.

1108/1109 "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" - Fiona feels as though she is being stalked. She realizes that the man she had sex with a couple weeks ago, named Graham, has managed to find out her school. She begins to get worried, but keeps everything to herself. She also gains interest in Imogen, who doesn't reveal too much about herself. The Bhandari's therapy sessions start going downhill as Mrs. Bhandari decides to be against letting a stranger handle their problems. Alli begins a smoking habit in the process, after coming face to face with Malika again.

1110/1111 "Paper Planes" - KC's parttime job doesn't work out in his favour as he and Jenna are desprate for money. Jenna uses her time away from school to reconnect with her grandmother, while KC begins to shoplift in order to provide for Shelby. Jenna's grandmother finds out about KC's actions, and forbids him from coming anywhere near his child. Katie does whatever she can into getting into a sports program. She is reject because of her grades, and befriends Holly J. in order to improve. Holly J. uses Katie as an experiment to impress Bev Greyson, but Katie finds out and feels betrayed. Katie seeks sympathy from a trainor in the sports program, and he ends up sexually harrassing Katie.

1112/1113 "Should've Said No" - Anya gets suspicious of Dr. Chris and looks to Owen to spy. Owen finds out that Dr. Chris is engaged. Adam's work at the construction site improves very much. But Adam still feels mistreated, and develops an interest in fires. As a result, he almost burns down the charity house.

1114/1115 "U Don't Know" - Dave's father becomes apart of a dangerous investigation, involving Clare's father having some sort of agreement with a secret organization. Dave tries to tell Clare that things are fishy with Mr. Edwards, and she doesn't believe him. By the end of the episode, Eli returns to Degrassi. On a fishing trip between Riley and his father, he decides to invite Zane. Riley plans on getting back together with Zane on the trip, and decides to finally tell his father the truth. But Riley and Zane end up having sex, and are sleeping together naked the next morning by Mr. Stavros.

1116/1117 "Lose Yourself" - Bianca makes a Gossip Girl like website (kind of like The Grapevine), and ends up getting into big trouble when revealing Katie's actions with Dennis, the sports program trainor. Dennis is put under house arrest for what he's done, and Katie begins a rivalry with Bianca when she declares that she loves Dennis, although she's really scared. Connor is confronted by LoveQueen16, and she succeeds on getting him to her home. Wesley plans on finding Connor when he is declared kidnapped.

1118/1119 "Mr. Brightside" - Mo continues to harm his body. Drew goes to Sav for help, and they stage an intervention. It doesn't go well when Mo crashes. Fiona plans on starting something with Imogen. Imogen's past remains hidden, forcing Fiona and Anya to do some investigating. They find out that Imogen has been using an alias ever since she came to Degrassi in September. Imogen tells the truth about how she was physically abused by her parents, and decided to run away when child services did nothing to help.

1120/1121 "Extraordinary Machine" - Eli's completely moved on from Clare and begins a friendship with Jake. The two share an interest in autoshop, but Eli's insanity takes the better of him when he catches Clare and Jake kissing. Jake claims that he was the one to kiss Clare and that she has no feelings for him, but that doesn't stop Eli from causing a major incident. In the end, Jake is hospitalized and is declared blind. Holly J.'s illness hasn't been a problem for a couple of months now, so she decides to stop taking her medication and stops attending her dialsis. But she later regrets it when she falls asleep through an pre-exam for Yale.

1122/1123 "Perfect Little Accident" - Prom Night arrives. Fiona desires on winning Prom Queen, and plans on taking Imogen. But danger strikes when someone calls a bomb threat at Degrassi, and all fingers point to Imogen. Jenna returns to Degrassi in order to attend KC's basketball banquet, which is also at Degrassi on the same night as Prom. The two decide to make amends, but Jenna regrets it after KC has already moved on to Jess. Alli's smoking habit worsens, causing Sav to take action. 1124/1125 "Brick By Boring Brick" - Adam's pyromania grows when he isn't invited to a family reunion. Mrs. Torres doesn't want Adam going as himself, although Adam thought his mother understood that Gracie is gone. Adam decides to attend the reunion anyways, making him the topic of the night. Adam's grandmother comes to visit and is disappointed, but not because Adam's a boy, but because she was never told. Adam is given a lecture by a priest at a church who doesn't approve of Adam. When he feels as though everyone's abanonded him, he decides to burn down the church, with him in it. Clare looks to Fitz for guidance when Jake leaves to another school. She decides to meet with Eli and put an end to their tension for good. When the two get into a fight, she is pushed by Eli off a bridge into a river, causing her to drown.

1126/1127 "If Tomorrow Never Comes" - Graduation Day finally arrives. Riley returns home after staying with Zane ever since the fishing trip, and decides to confront his father once and for all. He is later gay-bashed after going to dinner with his father, but Mr. Stavros doesn't help his son during the conflict. Anya is chosen as Valedictorian, and looks to Owen to help her. But his jerkish ways cause him to embarrass her. She decides to end their relationship since he isn't supporting her, but the two manage to fix things after having sex. She later realizes that she's contracted an STD from Owen, making her rethink his loyalty. 1128/1129 "Dead and Gone" - In the mid-season finale, Holly J. goes to Yale to get familiarized for the summer. Meeting up with Declan, she begins to feel out of place with the high-class students. Desperate to fit in, she also tries to control her health. She comes to a full circle when she attends a party like in "Spring Fever", but this time gets alcohol poisoning. She is hospitalized, and finds out that she really damaged her kidney. In the end, she is found passed out in the hospital bed, not breathing. Back in Toronto, Mo's health is also in jeopordy. He is held back and returns for a victory lap, adding more insecurities. He finds that steroids could help him, but Drew attempts to stop Mo once again.

So, by the end of the first half of the season, we have a passed away Holly J. (I know this is sad, but yeah ), Mo (and Fiona, because of the time she spent in rehab) returning to Degrassi for a victory lap, a blind Jake, heartbroken Katie, suicidal Adam, recovering Clare, and a smoke-crazy Alli.

LOL and yeah, those are my (not really predictions) fan-fic. Only, "Spring Fever" and "Perfect Little Accident" have a C-plot. Please no hate. In my mind the next half will deal with Fimogen, Bianca's Grapevine gossip website, Mo and Clare's recovery, as well as Clare's father's hidden secret being revealed linking the will and the organization.

RomanZolanski

[147]May 1, 2011
    Plus, I know the finale was kind of weak, mainly because I had a bomb threat, Clare drowning, and Adam attempting to burn the church all before the finale, but yeah, it was meant to be sort of a reliever, like calm things down from all the craziness that happens in two months.

teenj12

[148]May 1, 2011
    • level: 26
    Lol, most of that stuff was crazy XD.

RomanZolanski

[149]May 1, 2011
    LOL I KNOW! But it keeps me going. I kind of go overboard when I'm fan-fictioning.

Karan6

[150]May 2, 2011
    I ain't holding my hopes up for nothing DeGrassi has not really gone there since Time Stands Still in my mind....I definitely think there will be a shooting in the "Spring Fever" Special probably of Drew but it won't be life threatening. I love DeGrassi but times have changed I do not think they have the guts to do another Suicide Storyline or especially a Bomb Threat....I still think Adam's Transgender story lines where reallllllly watered down for tv.

AlexPokemaster

[151]May 2, 2011
    • level: 5

Karan6 wrote:
    I ain't holding my hopes up for nothing DeGrassi has not really gone there since Time Stands Still in my mind....I definitely think there will be a shooting in the "Spring Fever" Special probably of Drew but it won't be life threatening. I love DeGrassi but times have changed I do not think they have the guts to do another Suicide Storyline or especially a Bomb Threat....I still think Adam's Transgender story lines where reallllllly watered down for tv.

I disagree. Degrassi has gone there many times after TSS. Darcy's rape and suicidal storyline, Simpson almost being a sex offender, Adam's Transgender story line was also good. Just because it was didn't feature a death Adams storylines were still very powerful.

baller12xx

[152]May 2, 2011
    • level: 13
    ^ i agree with both statments by "karan" and "alex" because degrassi has shy'd away from "going there" for quite a while.they were amazing in season 7. but season 8 was terrible with not going into holly J being broke and the season 8 shooting, mia and peter forced relationship. as well as season 9, peters going nowhere drug storyline, spinner/emma marrige,k.c's storyline was ok but to me it was just so random becuase it just came and went. nothing about k.c's 2-parter lasted in the series...

Seaig

[153]May 2, 2011

Ok, I just found the most high quality version of Season 11's WITH A BANG Promo and heard things in the audiodialogueI hadn't before!!

I'll just summarized the PROMO to a defined state:

LAST SUMMER

DEGRASSI HIT

THE BOILING POINT

[Flash of scenes - in order]

Holly J caught mid-striptease with Sav during A Night in Vegas

Bobby backhanding Fiona on her couch

Fitz faux-stabbing Eli on Vegas Night

Clare screaming in response to Fitz's ploy with a knife

THIS SUMMER

DEGRASSI KICKS OFF

WITH A BANG - - (gun shot is heard -queuing to the following

[Dialogue of FOUR CHARACTERS heard over a flashing scene of Bianca hysterically crying out]

Off-screencharacter (could be male or female;slightlysounds like Adam - which is likely since he's Drew's sibling whose dating Bianca) is quickly heard panting, on the verge on possible demise.

Bianca: STOP IT!!!

(thudded punches are heard being inflicted on our off-screen victim

Bianca: ...PLEASE!!!!!!!

Anson [unknown criminal causing this entire ordeal]: GET UP!

Drew: (in shocked awe) I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS.

Off-screenPolice officer: HEY!!!!

(arriving police sirens are heard as the unknown victim continues to heave to death)

Karan6

[154]May 2, 2011
    AlexPokemaster wrote:

Karan6 wrote:

I disagree. Degrassi has gone there many times after TSS. Darcy's rape and suicidal storyline, Simpson almost being a sex offender, Adam's Transgender story line was also good. Just because it was didn't feature a death Adams storylines were still very powerful.

Darcys Rape sure they did go there but Adam's Storyline was like what 2 episodes of him actually being a Transgender and the problems he faced an a few with fiona and a couple as Robin to Eli's Batman? Common now there are sooo many deeper storylines they could have gone threw with Adam they just didn't. That is the reality DeGrassi is not the same show as it was before its more of a soap opera teen drama. I highly doubt a suicide storyline will be seen for a very long time

teenj12

[155]May 2, 2011
    • level: 26
    Karan6 wrote:
    Are you serious?

GiantStuffedDog

[156]May 2, 2011
    • level: 4

Karan6 wrote:
    AlexPokemaster wrote:

Karan6 wrote:

Darcys Rape sure they did go there but Adam's Storyline was like what 2 episodes of him actually being a Transgender and the problems he faced an a few with fiona and a couple as Robin to Eli's Batman? Common now there are sooo many deeper storylines they could have gone threw with Adam they just didn't. That is the reality DeGrassi is not the same show as it was before its more of a soap opera teen drama. I highly doubt a suicide storyline will be seen for a very long time

The writers have said they want to take Adam's storyline slowly instead of rushing through it. He is only in 10th grade, it's not like he's a senior there is still a lot of time to go deeper into his storyline.

Also, why does everyone act as if every episode of Degrassi before Season 8 went there and pushed the limits to the max? Because that isn't true.

baller12xx

[157]May 2, 2011
    ^ ok, well prove how they didnt "go there"...(and dont say storylines that were dropped.explain if they hit the mark or not as far as going there..

because from what i saw. degrassi has had a VERY slow start since season 8.

GiantStuffedDog

[158]May 3, 2011
    • level: 4

I didn't mean that they didn't go there, what I was trying to say is people act like someone was getting shot or dying in every episode. Because "Why didn't anyone die?!" has been a big complaint I've seen for a while now, even though killing someone off isn't the only way to "go there."

baller12xx

[159]May 3, 2011
    ^ very true. i thyink the same thing. im so sick of everyone thinking that dieing is the only way the show can "go there"

Karan6

[160]May 4, 2011
    baller12xx wrote:
    ^ very true. i thyink the same thing. im so sick of everyone thinking that dieing is the only way the show can "go there"

I never said some1 had to die neither I just feel like some ppls expectations of what they want to see just are unrealistic for this time in age like a suicide,bomb threat etc. I just do not see anything that intense or dark happening at least any time soon the show is more of a teen soap opera now.