Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Summertime episode discussion

SqueakyYugi

[1]Jul 12, 2013
    • level: 13

Season 13 has begun. Wow, season 13. If the producers were doing a "The Producers" gambit, then they're really reeling at this point. For those you who don't know there was an intermediary episode before this, here's the rundown...

-Claire found a tumor on her back

-Fiona got a fashion design job offer in Italy, Imogen sabotaged it because she was clingy, but made it all better in the end

-Mo was moping because he didn't want his bromance with Jake to end with their graduation, but he made it all better too.

So now it's Summertime, for the first time ever they show what's going on during summer. First impressions, I like MIles. He's like Harry & Zoe from last season, only not completely unbearable

-They say laughter is the best medicine, but Claire's really taking it far

-Miles' Dad: "I have a big announcement to make. Can you guess what it is? I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with that big Hollignsworth for Mayor poster" *bottle crash* "And there's my first assassination attempt.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ktfahel

[2]Jul 13, 2013
    • level: 16

This was flat-out terrible. What few likeable characters there were have been totally destroyed. Miles and Chuey are lame caricatures. I was disappointed.

baller12xx

[3]Jul 22, 2013
    "IM BACK BITCHES!!!" lol

Wow, been a while since I've been on here. Scrolling through the forums, the all look so dead. What happen to this place?

So, I haven't been on here because of school/work/life. But I had the last couple days off and I caught up on the last half of season 12. I'm honestly so lost with what grades these kids are in. The way they drag out these seasons are getting ridiculous. I can say I didn't miss much, this show has SERIOUSLY went down-hill. Never thought I'd say this but I wouldn't be surprised if this show got canceled within the next few years (probably wont because they keep Tee nick alive). My thoughts on the 2nd half of season 12.

- the niners (maya, tristan, Zig, cam, etc.) were the most interesting in this portion of the season.
    - I've grown to hate Alli, Clare, Jenna and Connor because their character arcs have been on a downhill spiral since season 10 pt. 2. - Mike Dallas's acting was a lot better (best acting of the cast in "bitter sweet symphony"). - Fiona and Imogene's characters had so much potential before. all the characters did, but there actions/story-lines have been terrible.
    - Jake/mo relationship is a joke and is based off jimmy/spinner. unfortunately both characters have no personality or background for us to care about. - Kate has become the most likable of the older cast. - still dont care about eli/clare, their relationship is to a poor mans "twilight". This generation of viewers have seriously turned down their brain. - why are adam and dave on the show again? they serve no purpose. Lost potential, sad. OVERALL:

Ninners are the only ones worth watching. and Tori left.

- after watching the 1st ep of season 13. The new characters look terrible. Maya has the potential to be just as likable as Emma was. (Yes, Emma was a likable character. Acting wise, how could you hate her?!).

baller12xx

[4]Jul 22, 2013
    Sorry for the double post but.........

its funny how the writers give seniors the serious plots all of a sudden when their characters aren't going anywhere on the show.

I.E Anya (partially liked), Sav, Holly J (I actually liked hers), and now Clare.

UnovaChampion

[5]Jul 24, 2013
    • level: 17
    It's way too soon to write off these new characters.

Jake/Mo was a fine bromance, Adam serves plenty purpose, and Imogen has plenty of potential in this season.

Anyways Baller, it's obvious nothing has changed with you, you didn't even bring up Campbell, one of the fine examples of how Degrassi is better than it used to be in the "golden age" because I guess that wouldn't of fit into your bashing parade. The fact that Katie's your favorite Senior just about sums your level of taste right up.

baller12xx

[6]Jul 24, 2013
    ^ and the obsession continues..........I said the niners were the most interesting...I think your level of reading just about sums you up - what do you actually know about Jake and Mo....nothing, that's why the viewers could care less about their characters. The forums don't lie....If you took other peoples posts into consideration, you would probably be less oblivious to the shows reality...Who said I wrote them off? I'm allowed to make my opinion off the episodes I've seen so far, and that's what I'm going to do. Your pettiness to bicker over every little thing is what I expected from your mindless posts.

UnovaChampion

[7]Jul 26, 2013
    • level: 17
    Actually countless forums and people like Jake and Mo's bromance, it's an example of how two characters don't need countless plots to still come off as a likeable and rememberable duo. Maya and Tristan certainly aren't any more interesting than the soon to be Seniors, and you said you didn't like Zoe, Miles, or Winston who are in the same age group as Maya's class. Your pettiness to even come back to a dead forum to make a large paragraph about how much of a disappointment season 13 is going to be is quite telling. If anyone has an obsession it seems to be you with this show. You just can't let it go.

baller12xx

[8]Jul 29, 2013
    ^Im laughing at you now. yea, im really obsessed. I havent watched the show in like a year. I comment on the show and ur over here in tears...calm down, its going to be o.k. ..ur way too invested in this show.......