Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

The Official Off-Topic Thread Part 2

degrassi_lover

[61]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 21
    havoc2 wrote:
    oth 505..horrible...just horrible.

Totally agree.. And some are saying its the best episode of the series
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chosenchic

[62]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 13

degrassi_lover wrote:
    havoc2 wrote:
    oth 505..horrible...just horrible.
    Totally agree.. And some are saying its the best episode of the series

Of course Leyton fans are gonna love the episode. It was LP heavy and it proved that Lucas is still in love with Peyton. Also (to them) its evident that Brucas is totally done.

Hell if I was an LP fan, I'd love this episode too (although I didn't hate it like you guys lol)

Firetears

[63]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:

Did anyone watch OTH today? My gosh, the episode was so boring and disappointing.. The Leyton scenes dragged on and were very boring.. I mean, it didn't even seem really like a "flashback" episode, since not that many flashbacks were made.. It only dealt with Leyton, Brucas, and Naley.. I mean, what happend with Skills or Rachel?

I found the Brucas scenes saved the episode, although it was what the last fifteen minutes of the episode?..

I liked the episode as a whole but the Leytoners LOVED it (figures). And their trashing BL fans in the Leyton lovers thread (I dunno about you, but I found it pretty offensive but then I'm new to the whole tv.com thing posting wise so maybe y'all are used to it).

Oh, get used to that. Don't expect to win any debates either. It's almost like their sole mission in life is to embarrass BL fans.

Lmao! Yeah I've read a lot of the debates and although they make valid points, they can be so condescending its unreal. We can't help it if Leyton doesn't do it for us the way Brucas does.

And yeah I don't plan to get into any debates either. I don't even remember a good portion of OTH episodes (I'm probably gonna get all the DVDs for my 19th birthday so I can rewatch them). I don't mind debating but I don't like being attacked either so I think I'll just keep a low profile.

I don't mind debating either. And I don't even mind losing a debate. I debate to get my point across, not to win. But on that site, you'll ALWAYS lose in a debate if you're on the Brucas or Brooke side of the debate. Even if you win, towards everyone else, you lost. That's why most the time I don't even bother.

Good call. Although when you brought up the whole "Brucas never had fair closure" thing I was like "oh crap here we go again". You can just tell the Leytoners were itching to get at you lol. I'm still on the fence about that one (although I'm slowly accepting a Brucas friendship) but I guess no one will ever really know until the series finale (here's hoping it doesn't get the axe like VM leaving the series without proper closure).

Well, I'm glad you understand what I meant. But I gotta go against what you said about Veronica Mars. I think that show had excellent closure. For One Tree Hill, it wouldn't have worked, but for Veronica Mars it was absolutely genuine. There were a few open plotholes but nothing to keep anyone up at night. But having Veronica walk home alone in the rain was just right for the show. That's just MY opinion though, just like BL's closure, it's questionable.

chosenchic

[64]Jan 29, 2008
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:

Did anyone watch OTH today? My gosh, the episode was so boring and disappointing.. The Leyton scenes dragged on and were very boring.. I mean, it didn't even seem really like a "flashback" episode, since not that many flashbacks were made.. It only dealt with Leyton, Brucas, and Naley.. I mean, what happend with Skills or Rachel?

I found the Brucas scenes saved the episode, although it was what the last fifteen minutes of the episode?..

I liked the episode as a whole but the Leytoners LOVED it (figures). And their trashing BL fans in the Leyton lovers thread (I dunno about you, but I found it pretty offensive but then I'm new to the whole tv.com thing posting wise so maybe y'all are used to it).

Oh, get used to that. Don't expect to win any debates either. It's almost like their sole mission in life is to embarrass BL fans.

Lmao! Yeah I've read a lot of the debates and although they make valid points, they can be so condescending its unreal. We can't help it if Leyton doesn't do it for us the way Brucas does.

And yeah I don't plan to get into any debates either. I don't even remember a good portion of OTH episodes (I'm probably gonna get all the DVDs for my 19th birthday so I can rewatch them). I don't mind debating but I don't like being attacked either so I think I'll just keep a low profile.

I don't mind debating either. And I don't even mind losing a debate. I debate to get my point across, not to win. But on that site, you'll ALWAYS lose in a debate if you're on the Brucas or Brooke side of the debate. Even if you win, towards everyone else, you lost. That's why most the time I don't even bother.

Good call. Although when you brought up the whole "Brucas never had fair closure" thing I was like "oh crap here we go again". You can just tell the Leytoners were itching to get at you lol. I'm still on the fence about that one (although I'm slowly accepting a Brucas friendship) but I guess no one will ever really know until the series finale (here's hoping it doesn't get the axe like VM leaving the series without proper closure).

Well, I'm glad you understand what I meant. But I gotta go against what you said about Veronica Mars. I think that show had excellent closure. For One Tree Hill, it wouldn't have worked, but for Veronica Mars it was absolutely genuine. There were a few open plotholes but nothing to keep anyone up at night. But having Veronica walk home alone in the rain was just right for the show. That's just MY opinion though, just like BL's closure, it's questionable.

I think with VM, it was good as a season finale but as a series finale, I would have liked more. Not sure what that "more" is yet.

I would cry if OTH got cancelled before it got proper closure because if it did and Leyton were together, the boards would go crazy with "i told you so's" (although I would like to think they are way more mature than that).

Oh and I saw your post on the board about why you never debate on the OTH boards. I was seriously lmao. I think since September (when I seriously considered joining tv.com as a poster and not just a lurker) I realized there's no arguing over there. Oh and there's no liking Brucas either because "there's something wrong with your brain" or whatever one of them said over there.

You may be used to it, but I can't stand trash talkers so it's gonna take me awhile to get used to it.

Firetears

[65]Jan 29, 2008
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:

I think with VM, it was good as a season finale but as a series finale, I would have liked more. Not sure what that "more" is yet.

I would cry if OTH got cancelled before it got proper closure because if it did and Leyton were together, the boards would go crazy with "i told you so's" (although I would like to think they are way more mature than that).

Oh and I saw your post on the board about why you never debate on the OTH boards. I was seriously lmao. I think since September (when I seriously considered joining tv.com as a poster and not just a lurker) I realized there's no arguing over there. Oh and there's no liking Brucas either because "there's something wrong with your brain" or whatever one of them said over there.

You may be used to it, but I can't stand trash talkers so it's gonna take me awhile to get used to it.

Well, I can go on forever about why I thought VM's season 3 finale suited better as a series finale. So I'm just going to drop it here. And like I said to you in the OTH boards, I seriously don't see Leyton as endgame. Even if they are supposed to be, I just think they are going to end forever by the season finale. Yeah, I'm glad she brought my back to my senses about "debates" on that board. The second she said Lucas only truly loved one person, I realized you can't ever change their minds. And did they really say something was wrong with our brains? Wow... I'm not surprised at all.

FanOfDegrassi

[66]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 26
    Ok so the people at the OTH forums are freaks, they can NOT accept the fact that an episode was bad. At least here we know Degrassi makes mistakes and not every episode will be perfect but if you look at all the episodes on the guide there, EVERY single one does not have a rating below 9.0, talk about devotion.

Chin_cranny

[67]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 14
    IDK what it is about Leyton, but I am just not drawn in. Brucas in even their msot platonic scenes had more chemistry.

Firetears

[68]Jan 30, 2008
    Chin_cranny wrote:
    IDK what it is about Leyton, but I am just not drawn in. Brucas in even their msot platonic scenes had more chemistry.

ITA. I tried my hardest to like Leyton but I just couldn't see them like others see them. It was so upsetting I almost considered not watching the show anymore.

degrassi_lover

[69]Jan 30, 2008
    FanOfDegrassi wrote:
    Ok so the people at the OTH forums are freaks, they can NOT accept the fact that an episode was bad. At least here we know Degrassi makes mistakes and not every episode will be perfect but if you look at all the episodes on the guide there, EVERY single one does not have a rating below 9.0, talk about devotion.

Tell me about it! I mean, I can't believe some people are saying its the best episode of the series.. I mean come on? Going a little overboard.. The episode dragged, the episode was boring and it had no drama what so ever.. I mean why did they even make it a flashback episode? All they did was make it Leyton centered and even Brucas centered.. The flashback should of featured everyone's life after high school not only Naley's, B/L/P.. I found the fifteen minute Brucas scenes saved the episode, although it was pretty bad.

chosenchic

[70]Jan 30, 2008

Chin_cranny wrote:

The carriage scene was seriously the best scene in that episode. And yeah I don't get it about Leyton either. But whatever, only seven more episodes of this season and at least Leyton won't be together for the most part

DegrassiNomados

[71]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    MiRiAmRoXmYsOx wrote:
    Today i reminisced a LOT and all i want to do right now is watch S Club 7.......... I miss them so much. it's weird.

SCLUB was awesome. Even though Jon is gay

havoc2

[72]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 19

degrassi_lover wrote:
    FanOfDegrassi wrote:
    Tell me about it! I mean, I can't believe some people are saying its the best episode of the series.. I mean come on? Going a little overboard.. The episode dragged, the episode was boring and it had no drama what so ever.. I mean why did they even make it a flashback episode? All they did was make it Leyton centered and even Brucas centered.. The flashback should of featured everyone's life after high school not only Naley's, B/L/P.. I found the fifteen minute Brucas scenes saved the episode, although it was pretty bad.

Yeah, i can't even fathom why they would say that this was the best of the series Even if i was a Leyton, there's no way i'd say that was the best. Everything the episode was irrelvant and i just don't see why they needed a WHOLE EPISODE to show why Leyton broke up. that's just so unneccesary. Definently one of the worst of the series.

and as for Leyton, there are some episodes i like them, (409, 501-502) and there are some episodes i don't. (411-412. 503-505 and all of season 1) The LP fans on that board exaggerate Brucas' issues so much.

sweetmemi

[73]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 17
    I loved this OTH episode. It was the best since the last two were a little boring.

So adorable when Lucas proposed. I wanted to cry when they broke up. I liked Brucas in this episode. The whole fake engagement thing was funny.

degrassi_lover

[74]Jan 30, 2008
    havoc2 wrote:

degrassi_lover wrote:
    FanOfDegrassi wrote:

Yeah, i can't even fathom why they would say that this was the best of the series Even if i was a Leyton, there's no way i'd say that was the best. Everything the episode was irrelvant and i just don't see why they needed a WHOLE EPISODE to show why Leyton broke up. that's just so unneccesary. Definently one of the worst of the series.

and as for Leyton, there are some episodes i like them, (409, 501-502) and there are some episodes i don't. (411-412. 503-505 and all of season 1) The LP fans on that board exaggerate Brucas' issues so much.

Agreed.. I mean the whole 35 minutes of Leyton drama bored the hell out of me.. Peyton's work scenes dragged, Lucas waiting for Peyton dragged etc etc.. The episode was just boring from beginning to the middle.. I agree, even if I was a Leytoner I wouldn't consider that episode the best OTH episode, all because Leyton still has hope? I mean, its obvious LL will break up.. There were much better episodes then this one for sure.. Gosh, I hope next week's episode is better by 100%.

sweetmemi

[75]Jan 30, 2008
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    Gosh, I hope next week's episode is better by 100%.

I don't think so. I'm so tired of these Psycho Nanny and Psycho "Brother" storylines

chosenchic

[76]Jan 30, 2008

sweetmemi wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    Gosh, I hope next week's episode is better by 100%.
    I don't think so. I'm so tired of these Psycho Nanny and Psycho "Brother" storylines

Psycho nanny actually looks kind of funny (as in I'm totally not taking it serious). Yeah I don't know what Mark's obsession with psychos are but I guess he figured Naley needed a storyline and this was the best one for them? (Obviously I don't agree with that but he's the writer so I guess he can do whatever he wants with Naley)

sweetmemi

[77]Jan 30, 2008
    There's a NEW EPISODE of The Game next monday.

When Melanie goes on a first date with a new guy, Jerome (g he invites her to his work party at the sky box of the Sabers game and she cautiously agrees. Derwin is upset when he first hears the news, but Malik tells him to use the energy on the game. Later, Kelly and Tasha compete over an endorsement opportunity for Malik and Jason.

I'm really excited for this episode.

Firetears

[78]Jan 30, 2008
    I'm not looking forward to the Psycho Nanny storyline either, but after the Psycho Derek storyline I'm not even too fond of OTH anymore. I swear, the second Ian took off his shirt and had dark angel Peyton on his back... any spirit I had left for the show just died. The only reason I watch it now is because I'm a faithful viewer. Season 5 hasn't been excellent either way and because Brucas are clearly over... I'm considering dropping the show.

On the other hand, I have nothing to do on most Tuesdays(although Tuesday next week is Mardi Gras) and I'll watch One Tree Hill over American Idol anyday.

havoc2

[79]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 19

sweetmemi wrote:
    There's a NEW EPISODE of The Game next monday. When Melanie goes on a first date with a new guy, Jerome (g he invites her to his work party at the sky box of the Sabers game and she cautiously agrees. Derwin is upset when he first hears the news, but Malik tells him to use the energy on the game. Later, Kelly and Tasha compete over an endorsement opportunity for Malik and Jason. I'm really excited for this episode.

i cant wait. I LOOOOOVE Melanie/Derwin centered episodes. I just love this chase that they got going on in season 2. i hope drew comes back somehow.

chosenchic

[80]Jan 30, 2008

There is so much hating going on the OTH boards its unreal. And when I say hating, I mean from both Brucas and Leyton fanbases (although the Leytoners are really being disrespectful -- check out the Leyton Lovers Thread and you'll see what I mean). I get that it is a discussion board and people are free to discuss their thoughts and feelings. I even get if you have to defend your thoughts sometimes (even though your thoughts are your thoughts thus no defending should be needed) but when people start blatantly attacking others and calling them "idiots" and stuff... it just makes everyone seem so petty.

Okay I think I'm done ranting about this now. Does anyone know if there are still new episodes of Everybody Hates Chris? I haven't watched in awhile.