TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

The Official Off-Topic Thread Part 2

UnwrittenLaw628

[81]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    I honestly think it's very lame to argue about a TV show, anywhere, anytime. You're not cool when you argue online. You may think you are, but you aren't. [This isn't directed to anyone specific, it's directed to the public in general.]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Firetears

[82]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:
    I honestly think it's very lame to argue about a TV show, anywhere, anytime. You're not cool when you argue online. You may think you are, but you aren't. [This isn't directed to anyone specific, it's directed to the public in general.]

But we aren't arguing, we're debating.

degrassi_lover

[83]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 21

I haven't heard any word on Everybody Hates Chris, but I still like watching the reruns.. They are hilarious sometimes.. I even at times don't even pay attention to some of the jokes and the next time I watch it, I just bust out laughing..

The OTH boards.. There is no point in debating whatsoever, since either way people will always think your wrong and will always have something negative to say.. I agree, I mean there are even some Brucas fans who are very immature. I mean everyone is able to have their own opinion, but on the OTH boards your basically either divided into two groups Leyton and Brucas..

I'm so glad The Game is coming back, finally besides Degrassi Monday Nights will be great

JannyNJiberty

[84]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:

LOL I know it's turned into the OTH thread haha

robinepowell

[85]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 63
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:

Did anyone watch OTH today? My gosh, the episode was so boring and disappointing.. The Leyton scenes dragged on and were very boring.. I mean, it didn't even seem really like a "flashback" episode, since not that many flashbacks were made.. It only dealt with Leyton, Brucas, and Naley.. I mean, what happend with Skills or Rachel?

I found the Brucas scenes saved the episode, although it was what the last fifteen minutes of the episode?..

I liked the episode as a whole but the Leytoners LOVED it (figures). And their trashing BL fans in the Leyton lovers thread (I dunno about you, but I found it pretty offensive but then I'm new to the whole tv.com thing posting wise so maybe y'all are used to it).

Oh, get used to that. Don't expect to win any debates either. It's almost like their sole mission in life is to embarrass BL fans.

Lmao! Yeah I've read a lot of the debates and although they make valid points, they can be so condescending its unreal. We can't help it if Leyton doesn't do it for us the way Brucas does.

And yeah I don't plan to get into any debates either. I don't even remember a good portion of OTH episodes (I'm probably gonna get all the DVDs for my 19th birthday so I can rewatch them). I don't mind debating but I don't like being attacked either so I think I'll just keep a low profile.

I don't mind debating either. And I don't even mind losing a debate. I debate to get my point across, not to win. But on that site, you'll ALWAYS lose in a debate if you're on the Brucas or Brooke side of the debate. Even if you win, towards everyone else, you lost. That's why most the time I don't even bother.

Good call. Although when you brought up the whole "Brucas never had fair closure" thing I was like "oh crap here we go again". You can just tell the Leytoners were itching to get at you lol. I'm still on the fence about that one (although I'm slowly accepting a Brucas friendship) but I guess no one will ever really know until the series finale (here's hoping it doesn't get the axe like VM leaving the series without proper closure).

Well, I'm glad you understand what I meant. But I gotta go against what you said about Veronica Mars. I think that show had excellent closure. For One Tree Hill, it wouldn't have worked, but for Veronica Mars it was absolutely genuine. There were a few open plotholes but nothing to keep anyone up at night. But having Veronica walk home alone in the rain was just right for the show. That's just MY opinion though, just like BL's closure, it's questionable.

I think with VM, it was good as a season finale but as a series finale, I would have liked more. Not sure what that "more" is yet.

I would cry if OTH got cancelled before it got proper closure because if it did and Leyton were together, the boards would go crazy with "i told you so's" (although I would like to think they are way more mature than that).

Oh and I saw your post on the board about why you never debate on the OTH boards. I was seriously lmao. I think since September (when I seriously considered joining tv.com as a poster and not just a lurker) I realized there's no arguing over there. Oh and there's no liking Brucas either because "there's something wrong with your brain" or whatever one of them said over there.

You may be used to it, but I can't stand trash talkers so it's gonna take me awhile to get used to it.

I agree about V.M. and I did hope there would be a fourth season. Though I don't know about skipping ahead to Veronica being in the F.B.I. since OTH decided to do that no one seems to like this season much.

If you look at Charmed they managed to find time to give us fans a proper series finale.

UnwrittenLaw628

[86]Jan 31, 2008
    Firetears wrote:
    UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:

But we aren't arguing, we're debating.

Oh no I was referring to the people at the OTH forum. I saw what you all posted so I deciding I would say that.

DegrassiNomados

[87]Jan 31, 2008
    sweetmemi wrote:
    There's a NEW EPISODE of The Game next monday.

When Melanie goes on a first date with a new guy, Jerome (g he invites her to his work party at the sky box of the Sabers game and she cautiously agrees. Derwin is upset when he first hears the news, but Malik tells him to use the energy on the game. Later, Kelly and Tasha compete over an endorsement opportunity for Malik and Jason.

I'm really excited for this episode.

I keep forgetting to watch this show

FanOfDegrassi

[88]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 26
    Is anyone else pumped for Lost tonight??

DegrassiNomados

[89]Jan 31, 2008
    No not really. To me the show has run outta steam

MistressOfSnape

[90]Jan 31, 2008
    I'm excited for it =)

TygerKing

[91]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 11

FanOfDegrassi wrote:
    Is anyone else pumped for Lost tonight??

I just recently got into the show, I mean recently. My roomate had the first and second seasons on DVD and I watched them both within the month, and she just bought season 3 last night so im going to have to watch all that before season 4 starts tonight lol ... meaning ill have to tape tonights episode lol

UnwrittenLaw628

[92]Jan 31, 2008
    I have tried to get into Lost countless times, it's just way too confusing.

Level 10

THE_WARNED55

[93]Jan 31, 2008
    Lost is the best show ever. I am addicted to that show. It is confusing at times, but i still like it. Obviously you guys already knew i was a fan by my avatar. duh.

UnwrittenLaw628

[94]Jan 31, 2008
    Haha yes. It is a good show, I agree. It confuses me so much. I might watch it tonight, I haven't made up my mind yet.

OhioChic

[95]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 16
    Firetears wrote:
    Wow, everybody is getting reported... WTF?!(well, I haven't been reported for a while now, thank god!)
    Good thing I hardly ever get on here anymore then.

sparkleQT

[96]Feb 1, 2008
    Snow day!!! Hellz yeah.

DegrassiNomados

[97]Feb 1, 2008
    I wish we got snow days down here.

gnomesie

[98]Feb 1, 2008
    I've been meaning to get into Lost but instead I got Heroes Season 1 DVD's and I have to say they're amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a TV show that good.

TygerKing

[99]Feb 1, 2008

gnomesie wrote:
    I've been meaning to get into Lost but instead I got Heroes Season 1 DVD's and I have to say they're amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a TV show that good.

Lost and Heroes are both really awesome shows. The writers strike has already screwed over Heroes and now i fear its going to screw over Lost too

DegrassiNomados

[100]Feb 1, 2008
    Does this mean season 2 is over for Heroes?