Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Family Between Seasons

The Official Off-Topic Thread Part 2

prsfan93

[121]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 6

my friens boyfriend kinda looks like rick tell me what you think or just look at my siggy

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg242/shootback32/?action=view¤t=rick.jpg

Edited on 02/03/2008 10:45am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnwrittenLaw628

[122]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    prsfan93 wrote:

my friens boyfriend kinda looks like rick tell me what you think or just look at my siggy

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg242/shootback32/?action=view¤t=rick.jpg

Oh my god, are they brothers?

AG19

[123]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 9
    Did anybody notice how American History X spends about half the movie justifying racism with facts, then the other half preaching racism is bad through purely emotional stuff? It just seemed like that movie wasn't sure what it wanted to accomplish. It seemed a bit silly that they didn't refute a single thing that was said earlier in the movie about racism with any actual facts, but merely made this whole big character change where Derek changes his whole mindset because he realizes the other skinheads aren't as hard as he thought, deal drugs to fellow whites, and he got paired up with a loveable black dude at his prison job. I'd have loved to see them come back with actual facts to battle racism the way they were promoting it earlier in the movie.

Chin_cranny

[124]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 14
    I actually enjoyed American History X but I never thoguht it that way. The movie really did piss me off though----about as much as Blood Diamond did (not piss off in the enjoyable sense, but angry by the content).

prsfan93

[125]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 6
    though most of what he said came from anger , his friends and cameron i'm not sure if this is true but i heard in the original ending he shavesd his head and became a skinhead again but deleted it because it defeats the purpose of the movie which was his rehabilitation from the poster child of a perfect skinhead to a person whose changed by seeing himself for the first time

sweetmemi

[127]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    I'm kinda surpised no one posted anything about crazy Britney Spears being in a mental institution.

I guess we're all tired of her?

UnwrittenLaw628

[128]Feb 3, 2008
    I can't believe that the Hannah Montana concert thing scored BIG and i mean BIG at the Box Office. 29 Million dollars, about 600 theaters, and one week only! It's number one. I for one, am impressed.

gnomesie

[129]Feb 3, 2008
    UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:
    I can't believe that the Hannah Montana concert thing scored BIG and i mean BIG at the Box Office. 29 Million dollars, about 600 theaters, and one week only! It's number one. I for one, am impressed.
    I'm more impressed by me only have 3 songs to 5 star on Guitar Hero 3 Expert. Raining blood is my only 3 star and I have 3's & 7's and Knight of Cydonia to 5 star.

havoc2

[130]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 19
    If the strike ends today. does that mean that season 1 of gossip girl contintues and one tree hill gets its full 22 episodes?

Firetears

[131]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 23
    havoc2 wrote:
    If the strike ends today. does that mean that season 1 of gossip girl contintues and one tree hill gets its full 22 episodes?

No, not at all. It's safe to say that all those shows aren't coming back until next season. The only way we'll so those shows continue their current seasons is if we get some episodes in the summer and I doubt any network is willing to risk putting their high rated fall shows in the summer.

sparkleQT

[132]Feb 3, 2008
    The shows I'm really upset about (cuz of the strike) are House, GG, and FNL. There's a new House tonight (after the Superbowl), and then that and FNL each have one episode left.

chosenchic

[133]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 13

sparkleQT wrote:
    The shows I'm really upset about (cuz of the strike) are House, GG, and FNL. There's a new House tonight (after the Superbowl), and then that and FNL each have one episode left.

I miss GG too. Don't watch house or FNL though so I don't really mind. I miss GG, Heroes and I think that's about it. I don't watch a lot of scripted television shows. I guess I'll miss OTH too when it eventually finishes out.

chosenchic

[134]Feb 3, 2008

UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:

I can't believe the news about the Hannah Montana thing. Well I can but it's just craziness the way people are freaking out over this girl. Disney putting the concert in theatres is officially one of the smartest marketing movements ever, right behind making it 3D. They say it's because they want people to feel like they were there but I know better -- their trying to stop the bootleggers.

sparkleQT

[135]Feb 3, 2008
    It was a smart move, but Disney Channel and HM suck nevertheless. HM is overrated. And I don't know what parents are thinking paying $500+ for her concert tickets. That's a bunch of crazy s***.
    Edited on 02/03/2008 3:22pm

UnwrittenLaw628

[136]Feb 3, 2008
    sparkleQT wrote:
    It was a smart move, but Disney Channel and HM suck nevertheless. HM is overrated. And I don't know what parents are thinking paying $500+ for her concert tickets. That's a bunch of crazy s***.

Some of the tickets were $3,000. And still sold out. It amazes me. =\

sweetmemi

[137]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    and what really amazes me is that her songs s*ck and SHE CANT SING!
    Every time I watch Disney Channel, every commercial break or so they show a fricking HM song and ugh she's everywhere!

What is so special about her?

chosenchic

[138]Feb 3, 2008

sweetmemi wrote:
    and what really amazes me is that her songs s*ck and SHE CANT SING! Every time I watch Disney Channel, every commercial break or so they show a fricking HM song and ugh she's everywhere! What is so special about her?

She's "relatable" and has "cute fashion sense". I actually didn't mind her when the show first came out and I've seen a bunch of episodes (the curse for having two younger sisters who like her) and her music isn't even all that bad. But I can't stand people/things that are overhyped and this whole Hannah Montana phenomenon is overhyped to the fullest.

By the way, does anyone on here watch The Boondocks? The latest episode was very... interesting to say the least lol.

UnwrittenLaw628

[139]Feb 3, 2008
    I've never seen her show, but I have heard her sing. I think she's a pretty good singer. It sounds better than some other stuff I've heard such as those Jonas Brothers. But $3,000 dollars for tickets to a concert, that's just outrageous. And also, the tickets for the theater movie were $15.00. I wouldn't go.

jmann1491

[140]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 3
    i personally like nickelodeon better. the shows like kenan and kel, hey arnold, rugrats, drake and josh, etc. are a lot better. too bad a lot of their good shows ended.