Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

The Official Off-Topic Thread Part 2

sweetmemi

[141]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    jmann1491 wrote:
    i personally like nickelodeon better. the shows like kenan and kel, hey arnold, rugrats, drake and josh, etc. are a lot better. too bad a lot of their good shows ended.

I agree.

Disney has some good shows. Like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and That's so Raven[even though it ended]. I find HM[the show] to be a waste of time, it's a dumbass storyline with horrible actors, and Miley Cyrus is this HUGE pop sensation because why?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

havoc2

[142]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 19
    Tha't so raven was good until season 4...wow what a trainwreck.

jmann1491

[143]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 3
    havoc2 wrote:

i thot they ruined the show when they had raven and eddie get together. its always a storyline that the best friends get together (& it works out with some shows) but for thats so raven it wasnt a good choice at all. raven should have ended up with devon.

sparkleQT

[144]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 10

Yeah, I definetly prefer Nick over Disney Channel.

It's a mystery how the show/Miley got so big. I'm sick of seeing HM everywhere... especially at my school when girls have posters of her (and the JONAS brothers) in their lockers and when they start singing the songs. Make it STOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP.

I agree about TSR. I used to LOVE the show. I don't know exactly which season it went downhill, but it did. They tried so hard to be funny with Raven falling, yelling, and whatnot... that it wasn't funny anymore.

Edited on 02/03/2008 4:49pm

MistressOfSnape

[145]Feb 3, 2008

prsfan93 wrote:
    though most of what he said came from anger , his friends and cameron i'm not sure if this is true but i heard in the original ending he shavesd his head and became a skinhead again but deleted it because it defeats the purpose of the movie which was his rehabilitation from the poster child of a perfect skinhead to a person whose changed by seeing himself for the first time

Yes, this is true. It's in an original version of the script that was never filmed.

And to answer what AG19 said, I don't think American History X really presented any racist "facts", just that side of the story.

chosenchic

[146]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 13

jmann1491 wrote:
    havoc2 wrote:
    i thot they ruined the show when they had raven and eddie get together. its always a storyline that the best friends get together (& it works out with some shows) but for thats so raven it wasnt a good choice at all. raven should have ended up with devon.

Awww I loved Devon, he was amazing with Raven. The last season of Raven was pretty terrible. So slapsticky and silly and even when they did try to get serious (Cindy smoking and Raven thinking it was Cory), it came over as so preachy and contrived IMO it was sickening. Honestly, Disney shows stopped being good when they started making shows with laugh tracks. The last really good Disney show IMO was Lizzie McGuire. That show was the sh*t and when it went away, the last of Disney's greatness went away. Phil Of The Future was pretty good too but Pim ruins the show for me and That's So Raven was good for awhile, but I guess by then I was getting to old to appreciate the humour.

jmann1491

[147]Feb 3, 2008

we shud be greatful hannah montana isnt the halftime show for da super bowl. the day that happens is the day bush gets reelected.

i dont want my son to watch hannah montana although denise likes that show. it cud be just my guy instinct that i dont like that show but i do like thats so raven so blah i dunno.

chosenchic

[148]Feb 3, 2008
    jmann1491 wrote:

we shud be greatful hannah montana isnt the halftime show for da super bowl. the day that happens is the day bush gets reelected.

i dont want my son to watch hannah montana although denise likes that show. it cud be just my guy instinct that i dont like that show but i do like thats so raven so blah i dunno.

I'm surprised Disney didn't push for Hannah Montana to be in the halftime show. Thank God for that.

UnwrittenLaw628

[149]Feb 3, 2008
    Speaking of the halftime show, ever since the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson incident, I haven't really thought anything of the halftime shows. Last year's was terribly boring, what with Prince doing a cover of the Foo Fighters' "Best Of You."

sparkleQT

[150]Feb 3, 2008
    HM at the Halftime show would be a complete disgrace. It would also be an insult to anyone who's perfomed on it before.

jmann1491

[151]Feb 3, 2008
    UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:
    Speaking of the halftime show, ever since the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson incident, I haven't really thought anything of the halftime shows. Last year's was terribly boring, what with Prince doing a cover of the Foo Fighters' "Best Of You."

i really wanted to hear erotic city last year but dat didnt happen.

chosenchic

[152]Feb 3, 2008

UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:

I really don't get what the hype was over the boob incident. People are too uptight its unreal. I didn't even really get what was going on when it happened. I remember seeing something but I wasn't quite sure what it was. Lo and behold though when the following weeks are filled with news about the boob flash. My goodness, when has a boob ever hurt anybody? I know little kids watch the Super Bowl too and it's supposed to be family programming, but are they really going to be psychologically harmed from seeing a boob?

And now thanks to the stupid FCC, no halftime show following has been particularly good (the Paul McCartney one especially comes to mind). Maybe some people liked it but I found them incredibly boring.

UnwrittenLaw628

[153]Feb 3, 2008
    Yes jmann, same here.

And yeah I agree with you chosenchic. I remember watching that here in my room, i TiVo'd back and there was a star covering her nipple.

Speaking of the FCC, anyone ever see the "PTV" episode of Family Guy? The song Peter, Brian, and Stewie sing about the FCC is pure brilliance.

THE_WARNED55

[154]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 11

Tom Petty? TOM FREAKIN PETTY? Were they serious? WTF kind of half time show was that?

Janet's nip slip was blow out of portion! It was just a boobie.

UnwrittenLaw628

[155]Feb 3, 2008
    THE_WARNED55 wrote:

Tom Petty? TOM FREAKIN PETTY? Were they serious? WTF kind of half time show was that?

I KNOW! TOM PETTY!? WTF?! WHY WHY WHY!!!!

chosenchic

[156]Feb 3, 2008
    UnwrittenLaw628 wrote:
    THE_WARNED55 wrote:

I KNOW! TOM PETTY!? WTF?! WHY WHY WHY!!!!

Tom Petty doesn't have boobs? Lmao

Firetears

[157]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 23
    THE_WARNED55 wrote:

Yeah! High definition TV wasn't even highly known back then.

sweetmemi

[158]Feb 3, 2008
    sparkleQT wrote:
    It's a mystery how the show/Miley got so big. I'm sick of seeing HM everywhere...

I wanna know how she got that famous as well.
    I'm sick of HM, the Jonas Brothers, AND HSM cast

havoc2

[159]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 19

I don't really get the half time show thing either. They havn't had a good half time show since Janet. They've always brought the old school. (prince, tom petty, Paul mcartney, the foo fighters) and prior to 2004, i remember they use to have more than one performer and it was artist of TODAY.

and as for that's so raven, eddie and raven hooked up? i thought there was only one episode where they had romantic tension and it was never brought up again? I didn't really like raven/Devon that much either. There chemistry was akaward and horrible.

And i loved lizze mcguire. i still can't believe miranda wasn't in the movie.

sweetmemi

[160]Feb 3, 2008
    ugh I HATE Lizzie McGuire.