Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2015)

Which girl do you want Spinner to be with at the end?

havoc2

[1]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 19
    Yeah, so the the boards have been pretty dead lately and Spinner's 3 core relationship seem to have pretty mixed fanbases so even thought Shenae and Lauren are no longer on the show, which Spinner-ship do you want to be endgame and why?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chosenchic

[2]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 13

Darcy so Shenae can come back and stop sucking on 90210.

Seriously though, probably Darcy because I like how she was there for him when everyone else turned their back on him. But then Paige and Spinner are like the quintesential high school couple so maybe Paige as well? I know I don't want him and Jane together in the long run because although she forces him to be a btter guy, she comes off as too brash and I feel bad for Spin. It's like he tries so hard and when he does screw up, she's always the first to come down on him. It's hard to watch sometimes.

atbg4evs

[3]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    chosenchic wrote:

Darcy so Shenae can come back and stop sucking on 90210.

Seriously though, probably Darcy because I like how she was there for him when everyone else turned their back on him. But then Paige and Spinner are like the quintesential high school couple so maybe Paige as well? I know I don't want him and Jane together in the long run because although she forces him to be a btter guy, she comes off as too brash and I feel bad for Spin. It's like he tries so hard and when he does screw up, she's always the first to come down on him. It's hard to watch sometimes.

You saved me a lot of writing there!

I think Darcy. She was always there for him as you stated, and helped him find God at the time when he most needed it. Darcy could've done so much better than Peter, in the end.

I definitely love the Spane relationship, but I don't think they could really last. Spinner needs someone who will love him no matter what, someone who can be tolerant of his constant screw-ups. Jane can't give him that.

OhioChic

[4]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 16
    Paige. However, his relationship with Darcy did change him for the better, I just can't stand her, if that makes sense.

DepthofField25

[5]Jan 17, 2009

Darcy without a doubt. Shane has amazing chemistry with Shenae and that alone really sells me on the genuineness of the Spinner/Darcy relationship. Also, he likes to go for the Type A personality so in his other relationships (Manny, Jane, Paige) he's usually been the lap dog that's always making mistakes and needs to be corrected. Even though Darcy is also a Type A, at least she seems to learn from him and vice versa. I think they complement each other well because there's no dominating party. All that + what chosen said.

What's your answer, Havoc? Aren't you pro Spinner/Paige?

degrassi_lover

[6]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 21
    Manuella Santos.

Just kidding! I loved Spinner with Manny, but it to me it doesn't matter who Spin ends up with. I hate Sparcy, so I wouldn't want Spinner with Darcy. And I don't like Spaige anymore, so I don't want Spinner with Paige.

DJO4ever

[7]Jan 17, 2009

I enjoyed Sparcy too, but I don't see how in the world they would, well with THESE writers, put them back together believably. I really loved that scene where Darcy's ordering him tea in PTD, but now Darcy and Jane are REALLY close friends. I imagine the writers would've had them be best friends if Shenae had stayed. So that's tricky. Sparcy's season six reunion stunk, so I almost fear what would happen next time around. I'd rather just keep my happy season 5 Sparcy memories when the writing was really good.

Right now, I'm going to have to go with Spinner/Jane. I thought they were really sweet during season 7, and I think they somewhat have the foundation of a friendship, which I admire. There's still a lot of growth to be had with this engagement, but I'd rather watch them figure it out than any other season 7 couples that sprang up.

Edited on 01/17/2009 4:54pm

DepthofField25

[8]Jan 17, 2009

degrassi_lover wrote:
    Manuella Santos. Just kidding! I loved Spinner with Manny, but it to me it doesn't matter who Spin ends up with. I hate Sparcy, so I wouldn't want Spinner with Darcy. And I don't like Spaige anymore, so I don't want Spinner with Paige.

So then you say Jane by default. Or Terri. Haha.

Pirate_Bike2

[9]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    DepthofField25 wrote:

Darcy without a doubt. Shane has amazing chemistry with Shenae and that alone really sells me on the genuineness of the Spinner/Darcy relationship. Also, he likes to go for the Type A personality so in his other relationships (Manny, Jane, Paige) he's usually been the lap dog that's always making mistakes and needs to be corrected. Even though Darcy is also a Type A, at least she seems to learn from him and vice versa. I think they complement each other well because there's no dominating party. All that + what chosen said.

What's your answer, Havoc? Aren't you pro Spinner/Paige?

Big Fat Word!

Ancax

[10]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    Jane. Darcy was too much of a hypocrite. She was the one who messed up in the relationship (remember?) Jane realizes that she screws up and tells Spinner when she messes up, plus, she has a better idea of who she is as a person than Darcy does. Plus, Jane and Spinner can do it without the church shunning her. Darcy needs a boyfriend who is perfect for her. Spinner has too many of his own problems to deal with, and Jane seems better equipped to handle Spinner's screw ups better than Darcy can. IMO, Darcy needs support herself, especially after she was raped. She needs a boyfriend who can help her find her way, and Spinner cannot do that for her. Peter can't do it either. She needs a boyfriend who can help her grow as a person.

degrassi_lover

[11]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 21
    DepthofField25 wrote:

degrassi_lover wrote:
    Manuella Santos. Just kidding! I loved Spinner with Manny, but it to me it doesn't matter who Spin ends up with. I hate Sparcy, so I wouldn't want Spinner with Darcy. And I don't like Spaige anymore, so I don't want Spinner with Paige.

Terri doesn't count . So I guess Jane. I hope he doesn't get with Darcy or Paige in the future!

Nice to see you back Pirate.

Pirate_Bike2

[12]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    Nice to see you to DL. Is that Noah/Katherine? It looks like them. If so -5000!

DepthofField25

[13]Jan 17, 2009
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    DepthofField25 wrote:

degrassi_lover wrote:

Terri doesn't count . So I guess Jane. I hope he doesn't get with Darcy or Paige in the future!

Or you could say his hand... Spinner just loves the sex.

havoc2

[14]Jan 17, 2009

My answer:

Yup, Spaige all the way, because i really do believe that Paige is Spinner's true love. Yes i know that they had alot of drama in IITS but looking at it from both Spinner's and Paige's point of view, I think both of they're actions in season 4 were understandable. With Paige, She was obviously devestated and heartbroken that Dean got away with raping her, driving Spinner's car into Dean's was extremly stupid and irrational aof her but she was angry and it was purely a heat of the moment kind of thing, she wasn't doing it to hurt Spinner, and she felt really bad afterwards. but it was still really stupid of her and definently a betrayal. Hazel was right when she said a good boyfriend wouldn't hold things again their girlfriend, and Spinner should have just broken up with Paige right then and there, He was definently wrong for holding a grudge against her the way he did and taking advantage of her, but i can still see where he was coming from. I would be pissed if my significant other ruined the car i just bought. So while both were wrong for what they did. We could still understand where both of them were coming from. If Paige had won her case, (which she should.) That break-up wouldn't have happend. But i still didn't mind the break up. IITS was a great episode. I think Spaige's break up was the most best written break up. And as for why i think Paige is Spinners true love, Well it seems as if Paige is that girl that Spinner will always have a fling for, The girl that Spinner will always go running back to no matter what. He pretty much chose her over Darcy in HF and then he was pinning over her in LMW and then again in DWYM. Spaige were great together before all that drama happend in season 4, now that they both seem to be over it, I think they could easily go back to being that great couple they once were.

Sparcy on the other hand, just had TOO much drama, Darcy was right, the break up was definently the right thing to do. I mean with the cheating, breaking of the vow, the pictures etc it was just too much to forgive and forget. There relationship was ruined by HF (also the episode that destroyed Darcy's characters)

and Spane i just don't see a connection, Their relationship just seems very temporary. like someone said before (i think it was Liberrtay) Jane isn't a very understanding person, like when she yelled at him for not getting in police college or whatever. I just don't see them lasting, plus they're both extremly boring together. They don't do well with Drama and angst, I don't like Sparcy but atleast when they had drama and angst it was interesting like in HF. When Spinner and Jane fight i just always find it to be very dumb and annoying to watch,

Ancax

[15]Jan 17, 2009
    Didn't Paige basically forget Spinner's existence in Shout? She stood him up and lied agter she said she would go on a date with him.

havoc2

[16]Jan 17, 2009

Ancax wrote:
    Didn't Paige basically forget Spinner's existence in Shout? She stood him up and lied agter she said she would go on a date with him.

She showed interest in Dean before Spinner asked her out. ditching him was definently a shady move, but that's no surprise since that was during her snobby phase.

Ancax

[17]Jan 17, 2009
    Yeah. the rape was kinda necessary to get her out of the b i t c h y phase.

iBadBoy

[18]Jan 17, 2009

I'm probably the only one, but I think Spinner should be with Jane in the end.

First off, I love both Spaige/Sparcy both, and the time of their relationships I thought Spinner truly belonged with them, but after their break-up/reasons WHY they broke up, it's obvious that they weren't meant to be together. Paige never would've ended up with Spinner in the end, I mean he's just like Alex, he's always making mistakes and never had really any future goals in his life after graduation. Paige would eventually grow tired of his immaturity, and dumped him.

Now as for Darcy, she has brought Spin along way and put a positive spin on his life, and if Darcy remained how she was in season 5, then yes, I would say they belong together. But in season 6, she became this totally different judgemental person who acted like her "s%!t didn't stink" when obviously she needed a reality check. I thought the whole "something is missing from our relationship" reasoning she pulled for them not getting back together was lame, and she was turning into a nun anyway. Then the internet scandal, and rape came along, and Darcy completely changed who she was. Her friendship with Spinner in season 7 was necessary, because they were both dealing with very troubling situations, but as for finding romance out of that, I highly doubt it. Darcy was too on edge, and Spin couldn't of been there for her the way she wanted him too. Also, Peter stepped up in season 7, and I think Darcy truly belongs with him, not Spinner. (but the writers screwed them over in season

Finally to Jane. First off, she's like the female version of Spinner, only with more common sense. The form of their relationship was nice, and when they're together you actually can picture them being with each other for a long time (well at least I can). I like the fact that Jane is the first to always call Spinner on his crap, because that means she truly cares about him, and what he does with his life. Also, during his chemo she was very laid back, and tried to act like nothing was wrong with him in order to make him feel comfortable, (even though thats not what he wanted) when most girls would've made a big deal about it, i.e. Darcy, Paige. I also feel like Spinner is himself around Jane, and that he's being molded into something that he's not. I feel as if they treat each other the best.

usagicassidy

[19]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 14
    I think Paige and Spin have both grown up so much, and work best now as really close friends.

Jane's okay, but she's not the right fit longterm.

While Darcy had her fair share of problems, I think (especially after coming back from her trip (presuming she ever does come back)) her and Spin would be the right match for each other.

libertaay

[20]Jan 17, 2009

YESS! THIS THREAD IS AWESOME. Spaige FTW! These two seriously need to end up together. I agree with Havoc, but I'll just add a few more of my own points. I might come off a bit biased given that Spaige is one of my favourite Degrassi ships ever, but then again who isn't? Anyways I really believe Paige is the best girl for Spinner despite the fact I also really love Sparcy & Palex. Lately I've been more about Parcy, but that's another story. All the more reason for Spaige. All of Spinner's ships have been decent, even the short lived Spanny, which I absolutely despised in the beginning, but Paige was always the girl he kept going back to. Darcy was great for him especially in S5 and Jane is pretty good for Spinner now, but neither of them is as understanding. Paige and Spinner have been friends forever and it's safe to say they pretty well know each other inside out inside and out (if you exclude S7, wtf writers!) In the long run this only strengthens their relationship. It certainly doesn't weaken it. Even in IITS when Paige wasn't completely sure about Spinner, she chose to take the high road and trust he was being loyal and honest with her. I thought that was really mature on her part. Darcy and Jane still have some growing up to do, as did Manny when she was dating him. Spinner repeatedly told Darcy he didn't want to be with anyone else and she still had difficulty trusting Spinner and accepting his past, for no reason really, even after he became a virgin again for her. Jane is kind of the same way, but there are times where she acts like she really knows Spinner, but I feel like she hasn't really been around long enough to understand everything about him, if that makes any sense? Probably why I feel they don't always see eye to eye. As far as relationships go, relatively speaking Paige doesn't usually sweat the small stuff. Even in HCYM when Darcy straight up called her a "low grade hoe" for sleeping with Spinner, she just brushed it off as if it was nothing and told her she's over something so high school. What I loved about their relationship was how everything was always out in the open. They didn't keep secrets from each other (for the most part, no couple is perfect), they weren't super angsty or boring, a bit cliché of course, but they were everything a high school/first relationship should be. Lately the Spaige on/off relationship has been kind of one sided. I wish Paige would have just came to her senses and realized she should have chosen Spinner over Jesse. He did say she was the one and also he said he would never dump her which is actually true because he hasn't (Holiday & GITM). Shane and Lauren are also close in RL which only adds to their cuteness. I'm still pulling for them, but if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world. They'll both find someone great and I doubt either of them could ever forget the other.